Weekly line thread: Eagles 3 point home dogs

Hawkeye

This one will be tougher but we should have some momentum and a rabid crowd on our side.  Hurts mostly threw and ran to his right last game so am guessing Shanahan et al. will try to limit that.  Make him throw running to his left.

45 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Jackson and Maclin come to mind for at least 2 WR spots but, even then those 2 we're hardly ever healthy together

They were healthy together more than you realize.

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Jackson and Maclin come to mind for at least 2 WR spots but, even then those 2 we're hardly ever healthy together

Even when they’ve got speed outside, they always seem to have a slow-footed slot receiver. Mitchell, Avant, Matthews, Ward. The speed they’ve got 1-3 with the current receivers could really cause some headaches for defenses. 

1 minute ago, nipples said:

Even when they’ve got speed outside, they always seem to have a slow-footed slot receiver. Mitchell, Avant, Matthews, Ward. The speed they’ve got 1-3 with the current receivers could really cause some headaches for defenses. 

Absolutely, Smith is already up to speed and Reagor appears to be getting it together. Watkins is just a playmaker period, give him some room and let him go to work

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Watkins is just a playmaker period, give him some room and let him go to work

And I'm not really sure why some think he's going to be more than that. He's a playmaker and that's absolutely fine. We don't need him to be a high volume guy if Smith is what we hope he can be. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And I'm not really sure why some think he's going to be more than that. He's a playmaker and that's absolutely fine. We don't need him to be a high volume guy if Smith is what we hope he can be. 

Agreed, I don't see Watkins becoming a full time slot guy. More of a guy you call in to run something you are looking for a quick strike

• Like 1

I think two key injuries play to our chances of winning. Verrett and Mostert gone are HUGE. The rest of their secondary is exploitable with our speed from WR1-3, and we now have an easier job of making the Niners one dimensional and forcing Jimmy G to beat Slay, Nelson, Harris etc. Dre Kirkpatrick and Elijah Mitchell don’t scare me. If our oline keeps Bosa in check, I have us winning by 6. 

22 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I think two key injuries play to our chances of winning. Verrett and Mostert gone are HUGE. The rest of their secondary is exploitable with our speed from WR1-3, and we now have an easier job of making the Niners one dimensional and forcing Jimmy G to beat Slay, Nelson, Harris etc. Dre Kirkpatrick and Elijah Mitchell don’t scare me. If our oline keeps Bosa in check, I have us winning by 6. 

I am looking forward to Jordan Mailata vs Arik Armstead, that will be the match up. Lane Johnson should take care of Bosa...

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 4:59 PM, EazyEaglez said:

49ers lost Mosert for the season with a torn ACL.

13 hours ago, QBhunter58 said:

Verrett out is good news. That dude just cant stay healthy

Neither player can stay healthy.  Poor Mostert is productive when fit, but seems he gets some type of injury every season, whether one that just keeps him out for 3-4 games or a season ending one.  I think this is at least his 2nd season ending injury.  And Verrett also seems to get injured every season since his rookie campaign.  These might be 2 of the unluckiest players in the NFL.

Midday Thursday and the Eagles are back to +3 after the number scraped 3.5.  The vig ranges from -105 to -120 so shop around if you take the Birds.

Not Eagles related but still the most interesting stat of the week: Since November 1st last year, the mighty Chiefs are 1-10-1 ATS.  

I rarely rarely bet on the Eagles. I don't think I'll be betting on this one either. We could absolutely cover, we could win. But we could also take a beating. SF are good and they can put up points no doubt. 

I'm looking forward to Mailata vs Bosa, that should be an interesting matchup. 

2 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Midday Thursday and the Eagles are back to +3 after the number scraped 3.5.  The vig ranges from -105 to -120 so shop around if you take the Birds.

Not Eagles related but still the most interesting stat of the week: Since November 1st last year, the mighty Chiefs are 1-10-1 ATS.  

Winning a SB tends to have that effect on teams. Bucs are already 0-1, but am curious to see where they end up by the end of the season.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Winning a SB tends to have that effect on teams. Bucs are already 0-1, but am curious to see where they end up by the end of the season.

Agreed but that's a remarkable trend which has carried over into this year (only one game but still...)

Makes Lamar and the Ravens getting 3.5 at home a little more interesting. 

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Agreed but that's a remarkable trend which has carried over into this year (only one game but still...)

Makes Lamar and the Ravens getting 3.5 at home a little more interesting. 

I forget what our ATS was the season following our win but I remember it being pretty poor too. Same the year after. Then again, we just flat out sucked; I suspect the Chiefs will still have a decent straight-up record regardless of ATS struggles.

16 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

I suspect the Chiefs will still have a decent straight-up record regardless of ATS struggles.

A flashy favorite with a TV star QB that wins but doesn’t cover. That’s how sports books make bank.  

• Like 2

On 9/14/2021 at 1:00 PM, Miami said:

This one will be tougher but we should have some momentum and a rabid crowd on our side.  Hurts mostly threw and ran to his right last game so am guessing Shanahan et al. will try to limit that.  Make him throw running to his left.

Why does everyone seem to think Kyle Shanahan is some kind of defensive guru? 

10 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Why does everyone seem to think Kyle Shanahan is some kind of defensive guru? 

Don’t think he is a guru.  Just thought Hurts went to his right a lot last game.  Had a lot of success with it too.

1 minute ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

San Fran coming cross country for an early kickoff favors us

Are they definitely coming across country though bud? Or did they stay near Detroit or travel to near Philly after the game?