EMB Live Chats (2023 Draft)

VaBeach_Eagle

10 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I had a thought on this. I don't know if it's a viable possibility, but I'll begin looking into it when I have some time. That idea is to give EMB email addresses to anyone that wants to use it to create a YouTube account for the chat. 

The parts that I need to look into though, is if there's a limit on how many email addresses that I can create and how much server space those email accounts would take up. Assuming that there's not a small limit on the number of accounts (which I don't think there is), I'd need to make the amount of storage space for each, to be fairly small. We don't want a thousand email accounts to fill up the server storage. 

So that's just a thought that I had, but I don't know if it's a viable one. When I have a little free time, I'll start looking into it and see if it's doable. 

I think YouTube just syncs to gmail no? 

4 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

I think YouTube just syncs to gmail no? 

No, you can use any email address. I've never had a GMail account in my life and the boards YouTube channel goes by an EMB email address (I think). 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

yeah...kinda.  but it's not worth it.  I wont chat anyway.  I'll just check in and chime in every now and then to pad the stats. 

The chat is on YouTube. Whenever someone does a live stream or 'premiere's' a video, a live chat goes along with the video. But the chat is only open during the video's 'premiere' period. For the game day videos, I made the videos run for 5 hours. So the chat is available for the first 5 hours. Once the first 5 hours is over, the char history is there but no further chats are possible. 

There's been people that have asked for a chat room for the board, for games. This was the solution that I came up with for that. It will serve a couple of purposes. One is to give those that want one, a chat room for live chat. 

The other is to (hopefully) build the boards YouTube channel to the point where we can eventually monetize it and earn some money to support the board's bills when the GoFundMe funds eventually run out.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The chat is on YouTube. Whenever someone does a live stream or 'premiere's' a video, a live chat goes along with the video. But the chat is only open during the video's 'premiere' period. For the game day videos, I made the videos run for 5 hours. So the chat is available for the first 5 hours. Once the first 5 hours is over, the char history is there but no further chats are possible. 

There's been people that have asked for a chat room for the board, for games. This was the solution that I came up with for that. It will serve a couple of purposes. One is to give those that want one, a chat room for live chat. 

The other is to (hopefully) build the boards YouTube channel to the point where we can eventually monetize it and earn some money to support the board's bills when the GoFundMe funds eventually run out.

Not sure where there is any confusion- you explained it perfectly. It's easy to do and it works great.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Thanks for your clarification.  No one cares

Defensive little butt wipe, aren't you. The chat room has no lag, idiot. Is that hard to figure out? Too many moving parts for you? 🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah.  I got all of that.  I just don’t understand how/why a "chat room” is preferred over this forum.  But if it makes the MB money, so be it. 

There were some that just got used to live chat, back when the old EMB had a chatroom, for gamedays. 

• Like 2

I scheduled the next Live Chat video to start on Monday at 7:45 Eastern time and it'll last 5 hours. So that'll cover a bit of time before the game and after. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTAMyt4TjEw

If you don't particularly want to participate in the live chat, it would help the board's channel, if you subscribe to it. Right now, we have 35 subscribers. So we're 965 subscribers away from being eligible to apply for monetization. So subscribing would help get us to that 1,000 that we need.

Monetization would mean that we could have ads running on the videos and on the YouTube page where the videos run. So subscribing would help us get to that point. So please subscribe, even if you don't turn notifications on over there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I scheduled the next Live Chat video to start on Monday at 7:45 Eastern time and it'll last 5 hours. So that'll cover a bit of time before the game and after. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTAMyt4TjEw

If you don't particularly want to participate in the live chat, it would help the board's channel, if you subscribe to it. Right now, we have 35 subscribers. So we're 965 subscribers away from being eligible to apply for monetization. So subscribing would help get us to that 1,000 that we need.

Monetization would mean that we could have ads running on the videos and on the YouTube page where the videos run. So subscribing would help us get to that point. So please subscribe, even if you don't turn notifications on over there.

Someone must of unsubscribed it was at 34 lol. I just subscribed to get it to 35

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Someone .yat of unsubscribed it was at 34 lol. I just subscribed to get it to 35

Strange, it's showing 36 for me. 

Spoiler

36.JPG

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Hide contents

36.JPG

Lies!

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Reveal hidden contents

36.JPG

Screenshot_20210924-141055.png

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Lies!

But being #36 fits your EMB user name better than being #35.

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

But being #36 fits your EMB user name better than being #35.

This is true, better then being Boston Scott lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Lies!

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210924-141055.png

It's definitely weird. Maybe there's an issue with one of the subscribers accounts or they have the account turned off or something, but it still shows in my control panel. But all of the analytics that give me the stats, show 36.

Spoiler

36b.JPG

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It's definitely weird. Maybe there's an issue with one of the subscribers accounts or they have the account turned off or something, but it still shows in my control panel. But all of the analytics that give me the stats, show 36.

Hide contents

36b.JPG

Oh you guys and your antalyics... Whatever you say Howie!!

On a serious note maybe they count you you as a  subscriber on your end? Since technically you are not a subscriber you are a creator... 

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

On a serious note maybe they count you you as a  subscriber on your end? Since technically you are not a subscriber you are a creator... 

No, I don't count. After creating the channel, it showed 0 subscribers until the first person subscribed. So I don't know why there's a difference like that. No big deal though, it just means we'll hit 1,000 subscribers one subscriber sooner lol. 

• Like 1

Just subscribed but prolly won't chat. I'll try to remember to keep it up in the background though at game time since you guys are saying that is supposed to help somehow.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mr_irie1 said:

Just subscribed but prolly won't chat. I'll try to remember to keep it up in the background though at game time since you guys are saying that is supposed to help somehow.

Having it run will help with 'watched time'. In order to make it so that we can have ads on videos, we need 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watched hours (in the last 12 months). So subscribing helps us on that front and letting the video run, helps whittle away at those 4,000 watched hours needed. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Having it run will help with 'watched time'. In order to make it so that we can have ads on videos, we need 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watched hours (in the last 12 months). So subscribing helps us on that front and letting the video run, helps whittle away at those 4,000 watched hours needed. 

Cool that's good to know. I'll leave a video running in the background while I'm home watching tv or something. Thanks

11 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You aren't tricking me into you getting rich off my YouTube watching addiction!

10 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You aren't tricking me into you getting rich off my YouTube watching addiction!

I'm working on it! lol Actually, I'm trying not to go broke when the EMB's bills come due and the EMB's bank account it empty lol. 

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'm working on it! lol Actually, I'm trying not to go broke when the EMB's bills come due and the EMB's bank account it empty lol. 

I'm sure you can get us to cover it with another GoFundMe. I know.you probably don't want to have to ask for it that way but, still we got you man

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm sure you can get us to cover it with another GoFundMe. I know.you probably don't want to have to ask for it that way but, still we got you man

Yeah, but it would be nice to make it self sufficient, through various avenues. If not fully, then mostly. That's the goal, anyway. 

• Like 1