EMB Live Chats (2023 Draft)

VaBeach_Eagle

For anyone that wants to 'live chat' during the game, there will be a generic sort of video (a blurred out video of 'something') running on the boards YouTube channel and live chat will (should), be enabled on it.

We did a 1 hour 'test run' a couple of days ago and it seemed to work smoothly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XofeJ4VL6uY 

I have a 4 hour and 48 minute video scheduled to 'premiere' a half hour before the game. Here's the link for this week's chat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7uPz-At1fk 

If you go to the video during the game, try to let it run for a good amount of time if you can. The higher the 'watched time' for the video/chat, the better it is for the boards channel. We need 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watched hours to be able to apply for monetization. 

Monetization is one of our goals, if we can get to the point where we can apply for it and if YouTube approves the application, it could potentially help pay the boards bills, when they come due. 

So go and subscribe to the channel (even if you don't turn on notifications, it'll help a lot). If you click on any of our videos, also click the like button and leave a comment... it can be anything, like "Dallas Sucks!" but anything at all should be helpful.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So how does this work bud? Like if I go on the link during the game what do I see or get?

Click on the link in VA's post.  Top right side, click on show chat replay.  Live chat will be there during the game.

If you play the video, then move it to almost the end, you can see the record of the test chat.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Click on the link in VA's post.  Top right side, click on show chat replay.  Live chat will be there during the game.

If you play the video, then move it to almost the end, you can see the record of the test chat.

So it's a live text field type thing?

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Basically yes. 

20 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

12 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Basically yes. 

I have to run up to the store, but when I get back, I'll upload another 'test' video so people can try it out again. 

1 hour ago, mihailo said:

You run EMB in incognito mode? :ph34r:

lol Only to make that video, which is a 2 minute clip, stretched out to 1 hour.

I did it that way (incognito), because it's on YouTube. No need to post my account in a video that everyone and their criminal brother can see lol.

• Like 2

On 9/17/2021 at 4:11 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So how does this work bud? Like if I go on the link during the game what do I see or get?

You chat live on the right side panel of the page.

I'm in! Unfortunately to get this monetized it's likely going to take dealing with trolls.

16 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

It says there was 119 views

I tried using it twice but it kept defaulting to my personal gmail and not the fake one I created for you fools.

2 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

I tried using it twice but it kept defaulting to my personal gmail and not the fake one I created for you fools.

I logged in on my laptop, then forgot to chat with you mf'ers.

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

@VaBeach_Eagle whenever you have time Id love to see the behind the scene stats on yesterdays video. Such as how they project subscriptions and views now that we had a real game day chat, vs how they projected them during those test videos.

Id also love to know if they tell  you how many watch hours we got. And how much we have left to get to our goals for monetization. 

I see its up to 155 views. Any way of knowing how many were unique viewers vs repeat viewers?

As I suspected, there isn't enough data to give full reports. But as the weeks go by, those reports will start to fill out. 

Spoiler

Chat 1.JPG

chat 2.JPG

44 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Open an 'incognito' browser and log in that way. Or, use a different browser that you don't normally use. 

I used it and it was fine. Faster than the EMB board. Plus, you can pop out the chat window and enlarge it to see all the posts if you are using a larger screen/tablet/computer, and it's not all small etc.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 10:20 AM, 20dawk4life said:

I had a thought on this. I don't know if it's a viable possibility, but I'll begin looking into it when I have some time. That idea is to give EMB email addresses to anyone that wants to use it to create a YouTube account for the chat. 

The parts that I need to look into though, is if there's a limit on how many email addresses that I can create and how much server space those email accounts would take up. Assuming that there's not a small limit on the number of accounts (which I don't think there is), I'd need to make the amount of storage space for each, to be fairly small. We don't want a thousand email accounts to fill up the server storage. 

So that's just a thought that I had, but I don't know if it's a viable one. When I have a little free time, I'll start looking into it and see if it's doable.