Just now, brkmsn said:

This play was to Smith:

Put it in front of him to make a play

5 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

LOL I was going to say Housewives of the EMB

Either way lol

Just now, brkmsn said:

This play was to Smith:

Yeah. now to me that throw looks late more than anything. It's obviously underthrown for the route. But also thrown late.

Just now, Godfather said:

Just now, Godfather said:

Yeah --- but He was just late getting the pass away. That ball went 60 yards in the air. He just needs to let it go a fraction sooner. 

• Like 1

Just now, brkmsn said:

Yeah --- but He was just late getting the pass away. That ball went 60 yards in the air. He just needs to let it go a fraction sooner. 

Agreed

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

And I'll even add that the required "2-step" Hurts needed to get it that far is what caused the late throw. Footwork has to be better there for certain. 

That said... Brady doesn't miss that throw soooooo Hurts is not a passing QB... lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MeccaDon123 said:

Are we debating the same play? Are you talking about what should've been the TD to Reagor but was called back because Reagor's heel was out of bounds? If so, it's posted above. The catch is being made with Reagor falling forward. Falling forward as if to indicate it was slightly overthrown.

I don't think it was overthrown, the problem came when he was forced out of bounds which impeded his path to the ball.

Bottom line, he was covered ike a blanket, the DB stopped running with him because he knew he forced him out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I don't think it was overthrown, the problem came when he was forced out of bounds which impeded his path to the ball.

Bottom line, he was covered ike a blanket, the DB stopped running with him because he knew he forced him out.

DB got beat, I gotta look again.... I do NOT see the DB motioning to him being out of bounds. The DB never saw the ball and watch after the catch.. the DB thinks he gave up a TD. Either way, when it's that damn close no way in hell do you just give up and let a TD go like that. DB was beat and the throw was perfect. Reagor 2 inches in bounds and were are not having this discussion. If this kind of ticky tacky stuff is our biggest concern, I think we'll be ok.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I think you two are talking about two different plays.

Well he was the one that argued with me about the underthrown play to begin with 🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, MeccaDon123 said:

Are we debating the same play? Are you talking about what should've been the TD to Reagor but was called back because Reagor's heel was out of bounds? If so, it's posted above. The catch is being made with Reagor falling forward. Falling forward as if to indicate it was slightly overthrown.

No. You clearly were confused on which play I was talking about so I'm not sure why you're arguing with me.

8 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

This play was to Smith:

I tried looking the Reagor incomplete on twitter for it but couldn't. Kept getting this damn popup saying to make an account. Do they not allow non-users to access it now?

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Well he was the one that argued with me about the underthrown play to begin with 🤷‍♂️

No. You clearly were confused on which play I was talking about so I'm not sure why you're arguing with me.

I tried looking the Reagor incomplete on twitter for it but couldn't. Kept getting this damn popup saying to make an account. Do they not allow non-users to access it now?

click on the link of one of these posted tweets and do your search from in there

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

I thought you were calling the Reagor called back TD "underthrown".

4 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

click on the link of one of these posted tweets and do your search from in there

I still keep getting that popup and when I close it my search results are removed. I figure someone will put it on youtube later or have some clip of it this week

7 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I still keep getting that popup and when I close it my search results are removed. I figure someone will put it on youtube later or have some clip of it this week

I vaguely remember one pass (maybe it was to Reagor) that was underthrown because Hurts got hit just as he was letting go of the ball. If that's the play, I mean ... that's just part of football. It happens to everybody. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I vaguely remember one pass (maybe it was to Reagor) that was underthrown because Hurts got hit just as he was letting go of the ball. If that's the play, I mean ... that's just part of football. It happens to everybody. 

You have to understand, they had to stay silent last week with the irrational Hurts hate. He was 77% with his passes. But that was only because "ATL sucks". Brady would've been 100%. 

• Like 1

As far as arm strength, I really have to look at some fine details, but this dude is as strong as it gets, so I think it's a timing issue, which CAN and will be corrected as the season goes on. A guy this strong doesn't have a weak arm. He just needs to work on the long ball more.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Watched every offensive play again. The play I'm thinking about above went to Smith. There was a deep pass to Reagor early in the 4th quarter that was just poorly placed. It wasn't so much underthrown. The defender just played it well and was in position on the inside. Had the ball been placed to the outside, Reagor would have had to adjust, but the defender wouldn't have been able to make the play. Again, I wouldn't label that as "underthrown." It was just well defended. 

Honestly, I'm not sure what the critics are worried about. He showed good arm strength on the deep pass to Smith in the endzone. Get the timing right on that play and it's 6 points. He showed nice accuracy and placement on the deep passes to Watkins (no, Watkins didn't "have to slow down" ) and the deep pass to Reagor that was nullified for the illegal touch. The more these WRs and Hurts play together, the better the timing should get. Hurts arm isn't nearly as bad as some are making it out to be. I'm actually less concerned about arm strength after re-watching these plays. 

• Like 2

This pass went 60 yards in the air:

*** Click where it says "Watch on YouTube" ***

So did this pass:

Please stop with the "weak arm" myth.

• Like 2

I think the arm strength thing is overblown. It's coming down to more of a timing issue than straight up not being able to hit the receivers. To hit Reagor in stride in the 4th he would've needed to get 5-10 more yards on that throw because of how late the ball came out. He has enough arm strength to hit a vast majority of throws he might need to make. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MeccaDon123 said:

You have to understand, they had to stay silent last week with the irrational Hurts hate. He was 77% with his passes. But that was only because "ATL sucks". Brady would've been 100%. 

Dude. Like clockwork, they all came out scurrying out like the cockroaches they are. 

I Fing hate this fanbase at times. 

These are the same idiots that made countless excuses for Wentz last year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MeccaDon123 said:

Yeah. now to me that throw looks late more than anything. It's obviously underthrown for the route. But also thrown late.

It was late because he took about 5 steps to wind up and get it out there.

2 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

LOL that he had to slow down to catch else it's a TD for sure. Keep making excuses. The guy isn't a passing QB for a team that wants to win a SB. He's a guy who will run and make some throws here and there, but never consistently throw the ball at a high level. You think he could outduel Stafford? Nope. Brady? Nope. List keeps going. He couldn't even beat a team today with a not so great secondary. 

I agree. Since a 23 year old making his 6th career start (2nd with an actual oline) couldn’t beat Tom Brady in your opinion…they should cut him tomorrow. He’s clearly just a Polk High backup who should only be handing off to Al Bundy for his 4th TD in garbage time. 

In all seriousness, I lay the blame for this loss solely at the feet of our rookie HC. Kept going deep on play calls when the Niners weren’t stacking the box, little to no crossing routes, barely any RB/TE routes, the 4th down call, etc. 

Were people truly expecting more than 8 wins this year? My expectations for this year are for the young guys to get some valuable experience, to see if Hurts can be the starter, the HC to learn and grow, and for us to have nice draft position for next year with 5 picks in the first three rounds, hopefully 3 in the 1st (though it looks like that is already F’d up…thanks Wentz).

• Like 3

Enough now. One of the faults of Hurts was besides not looking around was lack of arm strength. He just doesn’t have a strong arm, plain and simple. He can run like Lamar BUT does not have Lamar’s arm strength. If Lamar will never get the big one, then don’t expect Hurts to take Eagles to the promised land. 

13 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

It was late because he took about 5 steps to wind up and get it out there.

Probably the only difference between these two plays is the defender's position:

Because of the position of the defender, Hurts needs to get that out just a split second sooner. Both QBs had almost identical footwork.

20 minutes ago, nicks said:

Enough now. One of the faults of Hurts was besides not looking around was lack of arm strength. He just doesn’t have a strong arm, plain and simple. He can run like Lamar BUT does not have Lamar’s arm strength. If Lamar will never get the big one, then don’t expect Hurts to take Eagles to the promised land. 

I feel like we watched different games.  

Also, Lamar and Hurts are very different quarterbacks.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I agree. Since a 23 year old making his 6th career start (2nd with an actual oline) couldn’t beat Tom Brady in your opinion…they should cut him tomorrow. He’s clearly just a Polk High backup who should only be handing off to Al Bundy for his 4th TD in garbage time. 

In all seriousness, I lay the blame for this loss solely at the feet of our rookie HC. Kept going deep on play calls when the Niners weren’t stacking the box, little to no crossing routes, barely any RB/TE routes, the 4th down call, etc. 

Were people truly expecting more than 8 wins this year? My expectations for this year are for the young guys to get some valuable experience, to see if Hurts can be the starter, the HC to learn and grow, and for us to have nice draft position for next year with 5 picks in the first three rounds, hopefully 3 in the 1st (though it looks like that is already F’d up…thanks Wentz).

That 6 game excuse doesn't apply when it stretches over 2 seasons and he had an entire offseason as the starting QB.  He is not a passing QB in the NFL. Will he run and make plays? Yes, but that isn't what wins SB. He's not the guy.