Kelce Must Be Replaced on Short Yardage

CouchKing

1st and Goal from the 1 and we don't score.

Embarrassing failure.

Just put in your biggest hogs and run it straight up the middle.

I also blame the play calling here, but if you don't have the hogs, you cant run it.

Is Landon Dickerson ready to play yet? Still rehabbing?

Move Seumalo over to center for a series. Mailata to left guard. Insert Dillard at left tackle. Run it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

Embarrassing failure.

I also blame the play calling here, but if you don't have the hogs, you cant run it.

Move Seumalo over to center for a series. Mailata to left guard. Insert Dillard at left tackle. Run it.

I guess you missed the part where Brandon Brooks got hurt and Dickerson played the rest of the game in his place. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

Hard to take anything you say seriously when you post this.  Did you watch the game ??  He played 33 snaps in relief of the injured Brandon Brooks.

29 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

Embarrassing failure.

Sure, pull Kelce and let the other team KNOW you are running the ball.

4 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Sure, pull Kelce and let the other team KNOW you are running the ball.

Exactly, it was just bad play calling Nick said so himself. We all saw it for ourselves 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CouchKing said:

Embarrassing failure.

If you are moving Mailata away from LT,  put the former rugby player in the backfield.  Let's see how the defense tackles him.  Or he can be a lead blocker.  Or something.  Center or QB.

You're right about it being pretty pathetic that the Eagles couldn't just run the ball up the middle 4 times to get 1 yard.

The Eagles seem to lack 1)  A Big Running Back.  2) A Fullback.  3) A TE who is primarily good at Blocking.
Most of the Eagles skill position players are not the types of players who you want on the field in short yardage / goal line situations.

The Eagles do have 1) Jalen Hurts, running QB, who is heavier than any of the running backs that the Eagles have on the field ordinarily.  2)  Mailata,  who is incredibly massive and incredibly versatile,  who ran the ball a lot at a professional rugby player.  3)  a good and deep OL,  5 good starters and multiple backups, also good.  4)  like any team,  a number of 300+ pound DTs who are sitting on the bench.  

You take the fast and fancy players off the field in short yardage / goal line situations and you replace them with the most massive players that you have.  That is your Jumbo Goal Line package.  I'd say that Mailata is that key key player.  Blast it up the middle up to 4 times.  

Whenever I see anything but that, it makes me think that the coaching staff has forgotten that first and goal from the one is something that happens in football.  And is something that happens a lot.   So, get Fletcher Cox out there practicing pushing Mailata over the goal line.  Seems like you'd want Dickerson and Herbig out there.  They're 330+. 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

Here's Mailata running.  He's signed for years.  He's heavier now.  He can gain a yard on the ground.

If only all those midgets that he played against in Rugby were now on nfl teams

25 minutes ago, greend said:

and they tried to arm tackle him instead of a 300 pound dlineman blowing up his knees. random regular's  idea of innovation is to run the ball with anyone who is fast. He is a genius

2 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Yes rotating offensive lineman is what we need!!!

Got to get all the fast guys in the back field! I just want to know when Lane Johnson gets his chance not only did he run a faster 40 then Hurts he played QB and TE run that mother effer !! 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Yes rotating offensive lineman is what we need!!!

I wonder if defensive coordinators will be able to figure it out.  My guess is yes.

Just now, downundermike said:

I wonder if defensive coordinators will be able to figure it out.  My guess is yes.

Play action bruh

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The NFL is so dull and isn't creative .. we should turn back the clock and do nothing but, run the ball like they did before the forward pass was invented. No one would stop it! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, greend said:

1)  Mailata is like 50+ heavier now than then

2)  Mailata was running,  there,  for a lot more than 1 yard.   1 yard, that's all that's needed.  

Mailata is the heaviest player on the Eagles PLUS he has the experience running the ball.

Do people dispute that the normal thing that you do when you have a short yardage situation is put the big players in?

Did anyone watch the Ravens last night?  They beat the Chiefs.  It's not rare for them to put more than just 5 big players on offense at the same time.

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

The NFL is so dull and isn't creative .. we should turn back the clock and do nothing but, run the ball like they did before the forward pass was invented. No one would stop it! 

That's EXACTLY what you should do when you have 4 tries to get 1 yard.

2 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

2)  Mailata was running,  there,  for a lot more than 1 yard.   1 yard, that's all that's needed.  

Mailata is the heaviest player on the Eagles PLUS he has the experience running the ball.

Do people dispute that the normal thing that you do when you have a short yardage situation is put the big players in?

Did anyone watch the Ravens last night?  They beat the Chiefs.  It's not rare for them to put more than just 5 big players on offense at the same time.

Big players on the line.................yes. Big players with the ball in their hands no thanks

3 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

Yup and for the 2nd week in a row they gave credit to Jackson for working tirelessly during the off-season to improve more as a pocket passer and not rely on his legs so much. 

I might be more concerned with our D front getting pushed off the ball on every 3rd and 1. Alex Singleton Made 11 total tackles... all about 6 yards down field. Seemed like every time he had 1 for a loss he slid down their legs and missed it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MeccaDon123 said:

I might be more concerned with our D front getting pushed off the ball on every 3rd and 1. Alex Singleton Made 11 total tackles... all about 6 yards down field. Seemed like every time he had 1 for a loss he slid down their legs and missed it.

Singleton is  like a lot of this team he is just the best of a bad bunch. And he plays with fire so that will always win this fan base over no matter how mediocre they are. 

• Like 5

replace kelce is a dumb move , nick needs to work on this offensive run game and the red zone offense period. defense was on the field to much and got worn down and now BG is gone for the year