Weekly Line Thread: Eagles +4 at Cowboys

Hawkeye

5 hours ago, EagleVA said:

The Vince Lombardi.

This is just FLAT DUMB. I can't wrap my head AROUND how you could think something this dumb. I'm not sure you understand the GRAVITY of the situation here and how dumb this sounds. You're so far off the BALL here.

On 9/20/2021 at 5:56 PM, EagleJoe8 said:

I’m surprised but not surprised it’s that low. My gut is telling me this game goes one of two ways. Either they totally blow us out, amped up for their home opener, or we look to dominate and be in control for a good 2 1/2 quarters, but fail to seal the deal, and start to collapse and fall short to a Dallas come back. 

Either way I see a loss obviously. 

Especially when the Eagles will probably be playing the cowboys and refs.

On 9/20/2021 at 3:56 PM, EagleJoe8 said:

I’m surprised but not surprised it’s that low. My gut is telling me this game goes one of two ways. Either they totally blow us out, amped up for their home opener, or we look to dominate and be in control for a good 2 1/2 quarters, but fail to seal the deal, and start to collapse and fall short to a Dallas come back. 

Either way I see a loss obviously. 

Or we establish a good running game, and outscore Dallas by 2 touchdowns.

26 minutes ago, eaglestime34 said:

Especially when the Eagles will probably be playing the cowboys and refs.

Not impossible. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Or we establish a good running game, and outscore Dallas by 2 touchdowns.

I would love for that to happen, but I just don’t see a good outcome. 

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

I would love for that to happen, but I just don’t see a good outcome. 

we will see. I suspect Siri changes up his game plan and gets away from gimmicky crap, back to the fundamentals.

1 minute ago, Traveler Vic said:

we will see. I suspect Siri changes up his game plan and gets away from gimmicky crap, back to the fundamentals.

I think we’ll also get a better idea of just how good our defense is, or if the first two weeks were smoke and mirrors. 

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

This is just FLAT DUMB. I can't wrap my head AROUND how you could think something this dumb. I'm not sure you understand the GRAVITY of the situation here and how dumb this sounds. You're so far off the BALL here.

Well done

If they can't get to Prescott, hard to see how the back 7 can hold up against their receivers for 60 minutes.

9 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I get that but why is Dallas the threshold you’re using to gauge whether or not this team is a SB contender. It’s not like Dallas is one

Dallas is the favorite to win the NFC East, if the Eagles beat them Monday that makes them the favorite to win the NFC East in my eyes.

If you get in the playoffs you're a contender.

A contrarian system I follow says the Eagles and the under are the play tonight.  In summary:

• Only 34% of the side tickets are on the Eagles but they're taking almost half the cash (46%).  Squares buy smaller tickets and love to play favorites.
  • 73% of the ML tickets and 91% of the cash is on Dallas (the contrarian system obviously calls for a play against the public).
  • Over/under 51.5 - tickets are split 60/40 but 76% of the cash is on the under.

If the public is going one way but the money is going the other, well, as the old saying goes: follow the money.  That info is worth every penny you paid for it. 

If they lose this one, they could be on the way to a 1-5 start heading into the Raiders Game. ouch. 

Carolina maybe the only other team we have a chance at. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jsdarkstar said:

If they lose this one, they could be on the way to a 1-5 start heading into the Raiders Game. ouch. 

Carolina maybe the only other team we have a chance at. 

That's definitely the worry. And I mean I guess not entirely unexpected when we looked at the schedule before week one. But hey the NFL is funny, KC don't look so hot right now. 

On 9/20/2021 at 6:34 PM, Hawkeye said:

I’m looking at the total.  These two have allowed 71 points combined in 4 games so why would they combine for 72% of that next week?  First blush is Cowboys and the under. 

73 points combined is a bit misleading when the Eagles only accounted for giving up 23

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's definitely the worry. And I mean I guess not entirely unexpected when we looked at the schedule before week one. But hey the NFL is funny, KC don't look so hot right now. 

Yeah, Tampa looks pretty good to repeat.