MARVEL may lose rights to Spider-Man and others

SPIDER-MAN

MARVEL would lose Spider-Man in ALL media. Imagine the comics backlash alone? I can't imagine this not getting worked out....I hope.

2 hours ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

MARVEL would lose Spider-Man in ALL media. Imagine the comics backlash alone? I can't imagine this not getting worked out....I hope.

I hope the divorce isn't too hard on you, friend. 

The Kirby estate already tried this years ago and lost. Essentially, claim the characters are the creation of the artist. The Problem is they were created while the creator was working at Marvel. Strong chance this case is dismissed before dollars are discussed.

They technically still don't have spider man anyways. They have the Tom Holland version of spiderman but, Sony still says who gets to do what with spiderman. 

Also screw Disney they have enough sheet. 

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They technically still don't have spider man anyways. They have the Tom Holland version of spiderman but, Sony still says who gets to do what with spiderman. 

Also screw Disney they have enough sheet. 

They don’t have the movie rights, but they own the rights to Spiderman for everything else. This lawsuit if this is successful would cost Marvel everything for the involved characters. Comics, merchandise, tv, etc. 

But again, strongly doubt this goes anywhere. 

4 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

They don’t have the movie rights, but they own the rights to Spiderman for everything else. This lawsuit if this is successful would cost Marvel everything for the involved characters. Comics, merchandise, tv, etc. 

They have final creative control over spider man that would include what Disney does with him in terms of his solo movies.

"The deal allowed Sony Pictures to continue to own, finance, distribute, and have final creative control of the solo Spider-Man films, with Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures distributing the films with his other appearances."

24 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They have final creative control over spider man that would include what Disney does with him in terms of his solo movies.

"The deal allowed Sony Pictures to continue to own, finance, distribute, and have final creative control of the solo Spider-Man films, with Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures distributing the films with his other appearances."

Right, we’re in agreement on that. When I say movie rights I mean, produce, distribute etc. when I say Disney has everything else I meant comic books, merchandising, use in amusement parks (except in Florida).  And yes while Disney has creative control on use in movies that’s just a temporary lease. The rights still belong to Sony.  But the lawsuit from the estate is for the rights to the character as a whole, for everything. 

3 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Right, we’re in agreement on that. When I say movie rights I mean, produce, distribute etc. when I say Disney has everything else I meant comic books, merchandising, use in amusement parks (except in Florida).  And yes while Disney has creative control on use in movies that’s just a temporary lease. The rights still belong to Sony. 

Ahh ok.i got you. 

I only know this stuff cause spiderman is my favorite and I hate Disney lol. Not that Disney is doing a bad job with the marvel franchise I just don't think they need to have every damn studio out there lol. 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 9:14 PM, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Agree. Just like the worry last year Spider-Man wouldn't be in the MCU, or every time a cable channel negotiates with DirecTV or something, this stuff always gets worked out.

I've only ever seen the 2002 movie. But the late 1960's cartoon was one of my favorites in the early 70's. 

Honestly, I hope they do.  Enough with the reboot of the reboot of the reboots.

Where the creativity and originality Hollywood anymore?  It’s just regurgitating old crap and grifting from the fan boys.  Same with avengers.  It was 6 movies too many.  

1 hour ago, DBW said:

Honestly, I hope they do.  Enough with the reboot of the reboot of the reboots.

Where the creativity and originality Hollywood anymore?  It’s just regurgitating old crap and grifting from the fan boys.  Same with avengers.  It was 6 movies too many.  

What else.is.there to be done? Other then creating new super heros they don't really have much left to work with. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

What else.is.there to be done? Other then creating new super heros they don't really have much left to work with. 

The direction they’re going with multiverse is pretty exciting. They still have Miles Morales, plenty of other Spider-Man villains yet to be introduced. They could keep it going for a long time honestly 

38 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

The direction they’re going with multiverse is pretty exciting. They still have Miles Morales, plenty of other Spider-Man villains yet to be introduced. They could keep it going for a long time honestly 

I know, I apologize I was making a general statement. As far as other movies go. 

I'm pumped for Venom. I would.love to see Morales too

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That’s accurate.  We’re all just stupid for falling for it. 😆  

Hollywood is close to being dead anyway.  Streaming services are killing it. It’s video killing the radio star all over again.  And it’s about to get really ugly with the film/production unions about to strike. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Other then creating new super heros...

In this day and age, can you imagine what they'd create?

6 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'd imagine some really crazy sheet lol

30 minutes ago, DBW said:

That’s accurate.  We’re all just stupid for falling for it. 😆  

Hollywood is close to being dead anyway.  Streaming services are killing it. It’s video killing the radio star all over again.  And it’s about to get really ugly with the film/production unions about to strike. 

They just keep pumping out all this streaming nonsense. Next thing you know you have 10 streaming services to watch like 2 shows and maybe a movie on each one. Yet cable is the rip off lol. They have everyone fooled lol. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They just keep pumping out all this streaming nonsense. Next thing you know you have 10 streaming services to watch like 2 shows and maybe a movie on each one. Yet cable is the rip off lol. They have everyone fooled lol. 

Cable is still the rip off. I can't just buy one month of tbs if they have a show I like. I can, however, get Netflix for a month and binge whatever show I wanted to watch. 

6 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Todd is a 20 year old modern man who wakes up one day to find out he can change into any living thing, once he decides to identify as that entity .

He is known as AmIQor2?

On 9/26/2021 at 11:40 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Man I have Disney +, Amazon prime, Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max and peacock…I still pay less than my moms cable bill. 

Netflix has been losing its draw lately for me. Any new tv show they put out almost always gets cancelled within a year or two. Even when they’re good. I get it’s cause of ratings, but I’m at the point now I don’t want to watch a new Netflix show cause I don’t want to get attached  to it then it’s cancelled 9 months later. So it’s not like I’m helping the situation 

6 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Man I have Disney +, Amazon prime, Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max and peacock…I still pay less than my moms cable bill. 

Netflix has been losing its draw lately for me. Any new tv show they put out almost always gets cancelled within a year or two. Even when they’re good. I get it’s cause of ratings, but I’m at the point now I don’t want to watch a new Netflix show cause I don’t want to get attached  to it then it’s cancelled 9 months later. So it’s not like I’m helping the situation 

Damn man what the hell kind of cable packages are you guys getting ? Lol. 

Also how much is your internet to pay for all that to stream ? Lol. That's where it usually gets out control 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Damn man what the hell kind of cable packages are you guys getting ? Lol. 

Also how much is your internet to pay for all that to stream ? Lol. That's where it usually gets out control 

couldn’t tell you, she did cut back so maybe I pay more now for my apps,  used to have extra ones to watch Boise State football game and other packages. I pay roughly 60 a month for all the streaming services, her cable was or around 70-80 a month. Like I said though I think it’s cheaper now. 

Don’t think it’s affected Internet bill at all, or at least nothing Thats been brought up to me. That’s not a bill I’m responsible for though