Mailata hurt

Talonblood

Should of put this in the pull Kelce thread so people know we don't have a running back either

• Haha 3

Just now, rrfierce said:

Great , what happened ?

Got rolled up on in practice. Out for at least a week or 2 so far....

Players get hurt in football, but it’s clear holding these guys out had no positive effect on preventing injuries. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Players get hurt in football, but it’s clear holding these guys out had no positive effect on preventing injuries. 

There's not much you can do as a trainer or coach to prevent someone from getting rolled up on.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

There's not much you can do as a trainer or coach to prevent someone from getting rolled up on.  

Nope, ironically he got hurt during practice that everyone is complaining about them not having enough of. 

The NFL themselves are actively trying to eliminate preseason, all the players complain about it.theyndont seem to have the same view as the fans. 

When the league goes to 18 games and will eliminate more preseason games and practice. They won't be able to to put in any starters for preseason soon. They will be to limited on evaluating the depth so they will be playing entire preseason games. 

This isn't an Eagles thing it's an entire league thing. 

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

Agreed.  The likelihood of some injuries (e.g. hammys, quads, ... soft tissue injuries) can be minimized to an extent.  Having a player roll up on your leg isn't one of them.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Of course. Get through week one feeling positive. Then it all starts to unravel. 

pour yourself a tall one and enjoy the ride. we weren't going to really compete this year anyway. I'm just looking for growth- from the players and the coaching staff. we have some good picks in the upcoming draft- I seriously doubt Wents plays 70% of snaps this year but the way the colts look it should be a high second to go with our two first rounders. 

New strategy:  don't sign contract extensions to anyone, they get hurt after.  Sheesh.  Hope the big man is recovered soon, it's been a great story and we need him.

There is a curse for injuries at NovaCare.  Howie must've went down to Baton Rouge or Savannah and got some voodoo mojo to win the SB but now they're paying for it with injuries.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cheesteakitis said:

howies secrete plan to showcase dillard for a trade :ph34r:

Sadly this can happen..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

They can not train them or have practice, or even play games to help prevent injuries :whistle:

3 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

THIS... Howie's best chance of getting any return for Dillard is this year, showcase Dillard on a Monday night game for every team to see. He is looking at most likely a 2nd round pick or at least a 3rd, Howie is loading up for a huge draft next year.... I bet Miami will be watching Dillard with a lot of interest as their Oline is just terrible...

Fly Eagles Fly..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Nope, ironically he got hurt during practice that everyone is complaining about them not having enough of. 

The NFL themselves are actively trying to eliminate preseason, all the players complain about it.theyndont seem to have the same view as the fans. 

When the league goes to 18 games and will eliminate more preseason games and practice. They won't be able to to put in any starters for preseason soon. They will be to limited on evaluating the depth so they will be playing entire preseason games. 

This isn't an Eagles thing it's an entire league thing. 

Seriously, just have a training camp, get them in shape, and then start the season. Forget pre- anything. Just play ball.

Just now, Talonblood said:

Seriously, just have a training camp, get them in shape, and then start the season. Forget pre- anything. Just play ball.

Agreed, it's pretty clear that no one gives a flying F about preseason games except the scrubs trying to.make.the team. They will just have to try to make it in season from the practice squad

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

Howie: "I'll pay ya an extra gazillionn  $$ if you sit out 2 games- we'll say you got hurt in practice. I need to showcase Dill boy so I can trade him ASAP."

Jordan "I don't feel right about this. It just seems like the wrong way to do it. I need that $$ though- I have a ton of stuff to do to the house n all."

Howie: "Look, just do it, I'll give it to you in cash- no taxes, under the table like. If you feel bad after doing this, just go confess it to a friend, a counsleor or a priest- if you are Catholic or whatever. God will forgive you. He knows you gotta get that house stuff done."

Jordan: "Well, I guess God knows I need this. I'll.... do it, but I don't feel right about it. Just don't ask me to do it again- ever, Ok?"

Howie: "DEAL!!" ** Dials up Dill boy..... "Hello, Dill? You are starting the next few games, we believe in you."

• Haha 1