Weekly line thread: Eagles +6.5 vs. Chiefs

Hawkeye

On 9/28/2021 at 11:56 AM, Road to Victory said:

We couldn’t stop Dak, Zeke & Schultz. How in the world are we going to stop Mahomes, Hill & Kelce? 

idk, Maybe by running the ball so much, they have to drop a safety in the box and then passing over the top, with play action and sustained drives by getting first downs? Seems like a game plan. LOL.

14 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

idk, Maybe by running the ball so much, they have to drop a safety in the box and then passing over the top, with play action and sustained drives by getting first downs? Seems like a game plan. LOL.

With these WRs, with this OL and with a QB who was struggling it was absolutely ridiculous that they didn't try to run the ball more. Slow the game down a little and give your defense a little bit more rest.

17 hours ago, Perforator said:

No. We need to keep up and KC scores more than the Dalturds. That means no runs this week.

The eagles aren't capable of a shoot out with the Chiefs and Mahommes......c'mon man.

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

With these WRs, with this OL and with a QB who was struggling it was absolutely ridiculous that they didn't try to run the ball more. Slow the game down a little and give your defense a little bit more rest.

The best game plan to keep Mahomes off the field, is to run the ball, slow the game down, take pressure off Hurts and set up Play action as they matriculate the ball down the field, eating up clock in the process. If they get into another shoot out, the Eagles will will lose by 30 points.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

The ONLY way the eagles can have a remote chance of beating the Chiefs is to keep Mahommes, Hill and Kelce on the bench as much as possible.

That means running the ball ALOT, mixed in with quick, short passing game......moving the chains, and dominating the time of possession.

That's easier said than done especially with a banged up O-line......and a reluctance to run the ball.  

Yeah, that’s what confuses me about Sirianni. He said he didn’t run the ball against Dallas because he knew they had an explosive offense and they would need to score points to stay in the game. What? Once I heard that I lost a lot of confidence in SIrianni. That’s just Football 101. If you want to keep an explosive offense off the field you run the ball, shorten the game. 

With that being said, I’m not much of a gambler but I’m having second thoughts about the spread. This game has sucker bet written all over it. Everyone saw the Eagles get wrecked on Monday night and is thinking the Chiefs in a blow out. I might be a contrarian here and say if the spread is 7.5 I take the Eagles as the home dog. I don’t think they can win but maybe keep it closer than most people think. Of course, I wouldn’t be shocked if they got beat by 30 either.

3 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

The best game plan to keep Mahomes off the field, is to run the ball, slow the game down, take pressure off Hurts and set up Play action as they matriculate the ball down the field, eating up clock in the process. If they get into another shoot out, the Eagles will will lose by 30 points.

They can't get in to a shoot out they just can't. They'll lose badly no doubt. 

40 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They can't get in to a shoot out they just can't. They'll lose badly no doubt. 

A shootout implies that both teams are lighting up the scoreboard.  Not sure this team is capable of a shootout.

• Like 1

56 - KC

17 - PHI 

2 of our TD's will come late in the 4th quarter once AR pulls 1st teams

Is Andy healthy enough to make the trip to the East coast? 

Every time I see him on the sidelines I get memories of ‘Da Bears skit from SNL back in the early 90’s. I’m just waiting for to start pounding his chest to dislodge the blockage in his arteries. 

Don’t get me wrong, I love the guy and what he did for the Eagles.  He just looks so unhealthy. 

E00B9152-4D3B-4858-AD23-70C0C4C43DE9.jpeg

52 minutes ago, Columbus Eagle said:

Is Andy healthy enough to make the trip to the East coast? 

Every time I see him on the sidelines I get memories of ‘Da Bears skit from SNL back in the early 90’s. I’m just waiting for to start pounding his chest to dislodge the blockage in his arteries. 

Don’t get me wrong, I love the guy and what he did for the Eagles.  He just looks so unhealthy. 

E00B9152-4D3B-4858-AD23-70C0C4C43DE9.jpeg

Yea I worry about AR.  Between the somewhat emotional return and his potential health issues, I don’t think the Eagles will receive the brunt of ARs best…from a game plan, playcall, or adjustment standpoint.  I don’t think he’s functionally going to be their HC this week.

And look what happened in the SB when AR was tapped out.

I think the Eagles will still lose, but will make this game far closer than anyone expects.

12 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Yea I worry about AR.  Between the somewhat emotional return and his potential health issues, I don’t think the Eagles will receive the brunt of ARs best…from a game plan, playcall, or adjustment standpoint.  I don’t think he’s functionally going to be their HC this week.

And look what happened in the SB when AR was tapped out.

I think the Eagles will still lose, but will make this game far closer than anyone expects.

The sports books have it at about a touchdown so…

On 9/29/2021 at 12:06 PM, birdman#12 said:

The ONLY way the eagles can have a remote chance of beating the Chiefs is to keep Mahommes, Hill and Kelce on the bench as much as possible.

That means running the ball ALOT, mixed in with quick, short passing game......moving the chains, and dominating the time of possession.

That's easier said than done especially with a banged up O-line......and a reluctance to run the ball.  

That’s what I thought last week.  Saw how that played out.