Najee Harris (Alabama RB) -- DRAFTED BY PITTSBURGH #24

philafan4o8

Let me start looking ahead to 2021 NFL Draft haha. I love the draft process and looking at potential prospects the Eagles may be interested in.

We all know Alabama produce average to above average RBs. Najee Harris has all of the tools to be the best back in recent memory out the Bama. Highly recruited out of the Bay Area in California, Harris was arguably the #1 player coming out of high school his senior year. He has the speed, toughness and size (6'2" 230lbs) to be a 3 down back. 

Najee will have a breakout season this year and would be my darkhorse for the Heisman. We have Miles Sanders but depending on how the backups produce this year, we may be looking for a solid RB to pair with him.

No way the Eagles draft a RB in round 1 so the only shot the Eagles will have is to give him in round 2 if he falls that far.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I think we need a helluva lot more than just a RB to solve all of our offensive woes.  But I do agree RB is a need.  

10 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Najee would solve all of the Eagles offensive woes if used properly.

To get the in Bold part of the statement to happen you need an entire new coaching staff on offense. So if Doug is back your wasting a draft pick. 

He'd potentially be a hell of a weapon for this team. It isn't a huge need though. I mean RB is definitely a need but a high value pick on a RB? I don't see it.

15 hours ago, QBhunter58 said:

Not a need. And honestly I am not a huge Najee guy...

It is a need, your best defense is a ball controlling offense.

Power runners equate to a ball controlling offense because they keep the chains moving which rests your defense or in our case keep their sorry arses off the field. 

Then there's the openings things up for your receivers because the defense have to commit more defenders  to the box to stop the power runner.

As far as not being a Najee guy, I think you should take a closer look, he's the best power runner in the draft.

5 hours ago, EagleVA said:

It is a need, your best defense is a ball controlling offense.

Power runners equate to a ball controlling offense because they keep the chains moving which rests your defense or in our case keep their sorry arses off the field. 

Then there's the openings things up for your receivers because the defense have to commit more defenders  to the box to stop the power runner.

As far as not being a Najee guy, I think you should take a closer look, he's the best power runner in the draft.

But the Eagles do not care about power running or ball control.  They let an erratic QB play hero ball and don't hold him accountable.  They have a very good RB in Sanders who is a dynamic player who gets pretty good YPC and they sit him for stretches.

We'd all love more commitment to the run and a "big back" for short yardage.  You're right, utilizing the run more helps every other aspect of the offense...but these coaches don't do that.  They would rather have finesse guys and rotate lil Boston Scott in there.  Frankly I was shocked they invested a 2nd round pick in Sanders after trading for Howard.  I can't see them drafting another RB before the 4th round.

21 hours ago, NOTW said:

I can't see them drafting another RB before the 4th round.

Yeah, I put these posts out there for documentation purposes, if they pass on him they can't say I didn't tell them.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/20/2020 at 2:11 PM, EagleVA said:

Yeah, I put these posts out there for documentation purposes, if they pass on him they can't say I didn't tell them.

I like where your head is. If Sanders isnt durable enough to carry the load it's time to add more talent so Doug doesn't have an excuse to attempt 50 passes in a game. Another stud to go along with Sanders and Scott is necessary. There are a few nice looking backs as always thay can be had in the 3rd and down.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, judunno said:

I like where your head is. If Sanders isnt durable enough to carry the load it's time to add more talent so Doug doesn't have an excuse to attempt 50 passes in a game. Another stud to go along with Sanders and Scott is necessary. There are a few nice looking backs as always thay can be had in the 3rd and down.

I think at this point it may be fair to say that Sanders doesn't have the durability to be the lead back for a full year. And so with that in mind I think this team needs to bring in a good young RB to be the 1b. Sanders is a stud when he is healthy and gets the carries etc but I just don't think he's shown that he's durable.

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think at this point it may be fair to say that Sanders doesn't have the durability to be the lead back for a full year. And so with that in mind I think this team needs to bring in a good young RB to be the 1b. Sanders is a stud when he is healthy and gets the carries etc but I just don't think he's shown that he's durable.

Agreed. 

Chuba Hubbard, Javonte Williams, Trey Sermon, and my annual Memphis guy Kenneth Gainwell are intriguing. And dude that smoked a little weed and got suspended but runs a whole lot like Blount Rhamondre Stevenson (246 lbs but light on his feet). They have to come out of this draft with another back that can carry some of the load when Sanders is dinged up.

• Like 1

He played great in the rose bowl. So he will probably be a first rounder? Or will the declining positional value make him drop to the second?

Because he sure looks like a first.

1 hour ago, judunno said:

Rhamondre Stevenson (246 lbs but light on his feet). 

Yep, Stevenson is the man, I like him better than Najee, excellent vision and block reading, if he's available in the 3rd that should be the Eagles move, so I'm looking at 

1. Caleb Farley, CB, Hokies

2. Tamorrion Terry, WR, Seminoles

3. Rhamondre Stevenson, RB, Sooners

4; Joseph Ossai, LB, Longhorns

• 3 months later...