Conspiracy theory time: Is Siriani actually trying to win?

opa-opa

From what I can tell these last few weeks, the answer is clearly no. Not running the ball. Having no game plan, or any plan at all to attack the weakness of the other team.

Not adjusting at all during games. Making random decisions like throwing darts onto a board.

So my conclusion is that Siriani job is not to win games. It's to find out if Hurts is the guy. That's the main directive given to him by Lurie and Howie.

That's why Hurts is going to throw 30 times per game, no matter what. That's why he's being forced to try to win games on his own, every time.

Because Lurie doesn't care how many wins we get this season.  They need to make up their mind on Hurts, and probably on Mishew as well. My guess by week 12 if Hurts has shown no real improvement or signs of "greatness", Minshew is coming in.

• Like 2

I don’t think he’s trying to lose but it’s certainly not looking good for him. I wonder if he’ll get fired after the season.

2 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

I don’t think he’s trying to lose but it’s certainly not looking good for him. I wonder if he’ll get fired after the season.

I'm not so sure. Siriani is a perfect yes man. They'll stick with him at least one more year I think. After we get the 3 picks next year, then he'll actually have to do some real coaching.

• Like 1

No coach can get his team to play hard without trying to win.  With that said, I do think that Sirianni is very much trying to grow his players (and they have alot of young guys).

3 minutes ago, proveagle said:

No coach can get his team to play hard without trying to win.  With that said, I do think that Sirianni is very much trying to grow his players (and they have alot of young guys).

You think they are actually playing hard? Except for Hurts who is obviously trying his best.

No HC in the NFL is trying to lose.

Chiefs are a waaaaayyy better team than the Iggles. So, IMO, no shame in losing that game today.

I think the Coaching staff is still in the really early stages of trying to figure out what they have, roster and skill wise, Offense and Defense. It will take some time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

You think they are actually playing hard? Except for Hurts who is obviously trying his best.

Kerrigan is the only guy I see dogging it.  Who do you think isnt playing hard?  Name some names.

I suppose this would be a better strategy than giving $100,000,000 to an unproven Wentz. I'll take it.

3 minutes ago, proveagle said:

Kerrigan is the only guy I see dogging it.  Who do you think isnt playing hard?  Name some names.

I see Barnett take plays off more than occasionally....Except the ones where he gets called for personal fouls, of course.

1 minute ago, psychodog said:

I see Barnett take plays off more than occasionally....Except the ones where he gets called for personal fouls, of course.

I dont want him on the team next year.  Dont think he is worth the cost for production and the penalties.  I will watch him some more but I feel like he is often high effort.  All their Dlineman do alot of downfield chasing which is a big signal on effort to me.

Of course Siri is trying to win games. 

And unless he's injured, Hurts will start every game this season.

I have more of a problem of what we’ve seen out of Gannon. We used to at least be able to stop the run

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don’t think Sirianni is trying to purposely lose, but I do think his marching orders are from the FO have a great impact on his gameplan. What we saw today was a defense that played not to lose and lacked aggression and an offense that purposely decided to be on dimensional. This is a team that is sabotaging itself. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don’t think so, what is obvious is that someone is telling him not to run the ball. That’s the only logical explanation. No HC would ever neglect such an important aspect of the game unless instructed to.

if he’s choosing to do it himself he needs to leave ASAP  

• Like 2

I don't think a head coach would lose on purpose in his very first HC gig. 

39 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I have more of a problem of what we’ve seen out of Gannon. We used to at least be able to stop the run

Yep. We always sucked on Pass D but at least no one could run on us. Now if Hargrave doesn't get a sack we aren't stopping anything. 

6 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

I don’t think so, what is obvious is that someone is telling him not to run the ball. That’s the only logical explanation. No HC would ever neglect such an important aspect of the game unless instructed to.

if he’s choosing to do it himself he needs to leave ASAP  

The Eagles last two quarterback opponents were Dak and Mahomes. They combined for 56 pass attempts. Hurts threw the ball 87 times! Those two teams ran the ball (non-quarterback) 59 times while the Eagles ran the ball (non-quarterback) 14. The Eagles went up against two teams showing a balanced attack and they had no answer for it other than to stay unbalanced and lose badly. This can’t be by an accident can it? 

• Like 2

This is silly. Offense was making big plays, defense got their first interception, his play calling was improved. They were trying to win. 

This will be an up and down season with new coaching & QB young and developing. Set your expectations low.

• Like 2

The funny thing is if we are being honest we probably would rather this be true other than the possibility that the head coach just might be incompetent. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The funny thing is if we are being honest we probably would rather this be true other than the possibility that the head coach just might be incompetent. 

Right. Most new head coaches fail. It's not some conspiracy. :lol:

8 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Right. Most new head coaches fail. It's not some conspiracy. :lol:

Well say what you wish but this dude has almost completely walked away from the run. Maybe that’s just him, but supposedly this guy was supposed to be different from Doug and not Doug light. 

13 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well say what you wish but this dude has almost completely walked away from the run. Maybe that’s just him, but supposedly this guy was supposed to be different from Doug and not Doug light. 

That doesn't mean he's trying to lose. They were moving downfield & trying to score.

Maybe Lurie does tell him to pass more. Reid, Doug, now Siri.