Conspiracy theory time: Is Siriani actually trying to win?

opa-opa

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

That doesn't mean he's trying to lose. They were moving downfield & trying to score.

Maybe Lurie does tell him to pass more. Reid, Doug, now Siri.

The fact he isn’t trying to be this bad is far more troubling than any idea that he’s purposely trying to be this bad. Last year I’m not saying Doug was trying to lose, be he sure didn’t seem like a coach trying hard to win. I know pulling Hurts in that final game wasn’t a coaching trying to win. That was a coach following orders. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The fact he isn’t trying to be this bad is far more troubling than any idea that he’s purposely trying to be this bad. Last year I’m not saying Doug was trying to lose, be he sure didn’t seem like a coach trying hard to win. I know pulling Hurts in that final game wasn’t a coaching trying to win. That was a coach following orders. 

Yep. It's a week by week evaluation on Siri. Interested to see how we feel after the season. 

Just now, NOTW said:

Yep. It's a week by week evaluation on Siri. Interested to see how we feel after the season. 

Certainly shouldn’t rush to judgment on Siri, the rookies, the coaches, and Hurts. We have to let this all play out, but it’s troubling to see the coaches put so much on Hurts right now. I mean they obviously think highly of him to continue to do that, but I feel like they’re making a mistake ignoring the run game and Miles Sanders. I mean can the guy get at least ten carries? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, opa-opa said:

I'm not so sure. Siriani is a perfect yes man. They'll stick with him at least one more year I think. After we get the 3 picks next year, then he'll actually have to do some real coaching.

Agreed. Hes here minimum 2 seasons.

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Certainly shouldn’t rush to judgment on Siri, the rookies, the coaches, and Hurts. We have to let this all play out, but it’s troubling to see the coaches put so much on Hurts right now. I mean they obviously think highly of him to continue to do that, but I feel like they’re making a mistake ignoring the run game and Miles Sanders. I mean can the guy get at least ten carries? 

Everyone is so focused on Sanders. What about  Boston Scott? Did he suddenly forget how to play Football? People will say that he has regressed at the end of the year, while actually never given even more than several carries for the entire year. He had 4.7 Yards per attempt average in 2020! Very sad not to utilize our RBs to control the clock.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, opa-opa said:

So my conclusion is that Siriani job is not to win games. It's to find out if Hurts is the guy. That's the main directive given to him by Lurie and Howie.

But winning is a part of understanding whether Hurts can be the guy surely? I mean you've got to put this team, and your QB, in positions to win games right? Because then you can find out if Hurts is clutch or can close out a game. If you get too far behind in games then all you find out is whether Hurts can throw garbage time stats.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

Everyone is so focused on Sanders. What about  Boston Scott? Did he suddenly forget how to play Football? People will say that he has regressed at the end of the year, while actually never given even more than several carries for the entire year. He had 4.7 Yards per attempt average in 2020! Very sad not to utilize our RBs to control the clock.

Seriously how does this coach not realize it is a good idea to protect his bad defense and his quarterback with the run game? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, opa-opa said:

From what I can tell these last few weeks, the answer is clearly no. Not running the ball. Having no game plan, or any plan at all to attack the weakness of the other team.

Not adjusting at all during games. Making random decisions like throwing darts onto a board.

So my conclusion is that Siriani job is not to win games. It's to find out if Hurts is the guy. That's the main directive given to him by Lurie and Howie.

That's why Hurts is going to throw 30 times per game, no matter what. That's why he's being forced to try to win games on his own, every time.

Because Lurie doesn't care how many wins we get this season.  They need to make up their mind on Hurts, and probably on Mishew as well. My guess by week 12 if Hurts has shown no real improvement or signs of "greatness", Minshew is coming in.

Other than abandoning the run, I thought Sirianni called good game in the passing attack, they were high percentage passes.

Also, I think it was a good move to put Gainwell in the slot, he should keep him there, we need someone that's not afraid to take a hit in that position.

17 hours ago, opa-opa said:

From what I can tell these last few weeks, the answer is clearly no. Not running the ball. Having no game plan, or any plan at all to attack the weakness of the other team.

Not adjusting at all during games. Making random decisions like throwing darts onto a board.

THE EAGLES DIDN’T PUNT!!! That is literally the definition of "attacking the weaknesses of the other team.”

KC was completely unable to stop the Eagles. Despite what narrative the postgame TV idiots want to create, this is the truth. Hurts did miss two wide open TD’s which hurt, although he played well otherwise.

The problem yesterday was obviously the defense. They weren’t put in a situation to compete.

Not running was an absolute problem in Dallas. There were no offensive play calling problems against KC (with the one exception being the swing pass to Sanders near the goal line). The offensive play calling was dominant.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SB52 said:

THE EAGLES DIDN’T PUNT!!! That is literally the definition of "attacking the weaknesses of the other team.”

KC was completely unable to stop the Eagles. Despite what narrative the postgame TV idiots want to create, this is the truth. Hurts did miss two wide open TD’s which hurt, although he played well otherwise.

The problem yesterday was obviously the defense. They weren’t put in a situation to compete.

Not running was an absolute problem in Dallas. There were no offensive play calling problems against KC (with the one exception being the swing pass to Sanders near the goal line). The offensive play calling was dominant.

When they ran that draw to Gainwell and scored you didn’t think even for a moment that if the Eagles actually tried to run the ball more inside the red zone they might have walked away more with 7 instead of 3? They even had some roll out plays inside the red zone basically cutting the field in half in an already tight area. Sirianni is over thinking his Red Zone offense. Like you mentioned Hurts missed some plays out there. All the more reason to try and use the run game. If nothing else that sets up play action. Just enough to freeze the linebackers to drop a pass over the top. You have to at least appear to be a run threat with more players than just the quarterback. 

Howie n Jeff: Doug, we want you to play who we want, scheme what we want, and call the plays we want.

Doug: I tried but Carson would audible out of everything. Plus I want to win games so I need some player control. 

Howie n Jeff: Nope. Not good enough. Goodbye Carson and goodbye Doug. We’ll get someone who will let us dictate the game from the owner’s box.

Doug: I’ve thought it over and I believe I can do it your way.

Jeff: Meh. Thanks but no thanks. You’re fired.

Howie: How about this unproven young coach who will do anything we want?

Jeff: As long as he knows this is my sandbox and these are my toys, sign him up!

Siri: Thank you for the opportunity! I’ll do whatever it takes to win!

Howie n Jeff: You just take whatever we say and don’t worry about the wins.  It’s all about analytics, baby!

Hyperbole and conjecture? Sure. What’s sad is with this particular organization, the fantastical may be closer to reality than we think. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 4:21 PM, opa-opa said:

That's why Hurts is going to throw 30 times per game, no matter what. That's why he's being forced to try to win games on his own, every time.

Because Lurie doesn't care how many wins we get this season.  They need to make up their mind on Hurts, and probably on Mishew as well. My guess by week 12 if Hurts has shown no real improvement or signs of "greatness", Minshew is coming in.

Minshew will be  the starter after the bye week .

On 10/5/2021 at 6:36 PM, rickospia said:

Minshew will be  the starter after the bye week .

😂🤣😂 It is funny cause you all think a guy who doesn’t even dress for games is the answer to their problems. 

😐

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

😂🤣😂 It is funny cause you all think a guy who doesn’t even dress for games is the answer to their problems. 

Minshew is learning the off he was brought in after  preseason games .😐

On 10/3/2021 at 4:21 PM, opa-opa said:

I don;t believe Lurie does not care how many wins the team gets this season.

10 hours ago, rickospia said:

😐

Minshew is learning the off he was brought in after  preseason games .😐

Yeah that it. 😂

a colleague of mine posted this on another site...if this is true..it is beyond shocking....

"When I found out that his son is head of analytics and makes the chart Siriani is working off of, Lurie immediately surpassed Josh Harris as worst owner in Philly sports."