Get Ready for Week 8

Traveler Vic

I look over the schedule and I do not see us winning another game before week 8. Every team on the schedule before that, is Much improved. This will be our second Win of the Year, when we defeat Detroit Lions and finally make a statement that winning is more important than selecting a top draft pick in the next Year's Draft. Unless... SIRI decides to suddenly sit Hurts in the 4th quarter, "just to see if Minshew can get some playing time". LOL . At which point It will be obvious that the puppet strings were pulled once again, from the Management booth upstairs. With wins over Giants and Jets we are looking at 4-5 Wins season. I should have taken the Under Vegas Odds, instead of Over.

• Like 1

We always knew this though. We knew we weren't a good team and we knew we had a tough schedule. But hey we may spring a surprise against Carolina or Oakland. Hell the Buccs don't look terrifying at the moment to be fair. 

I don't disagree, and if we are winless until the DET game, it would serve us well to lose that as well.

Might as well maximize our draft position at that point.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

I don't disagree, and if we are winless until the DET game, it would serve us well to lose that as well.

I know Detroit aren't a good team but they have also played some teams tough this year. I'm not entirely certain we even win that one. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

They won't bench Hurts unless he starts playing like poo. You can stop dreaming about that.

And through 4 games I think he's had one very good, one good, one average and one poor so he's been far from poo overall. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I know Detroit aren't a good team but they have also played some teams tough this year. I'm not entirely certain we even win that one. 

Detroit has had some bad bounces and are a gritty football team. They should’ve beat the Ravens, but the refs screwed them over.

• Like 2

Well in all fairness, they are where they should be, IMO. 1-3.

In hindsight, they could have beaten the 9ers. But for Dallas and KC, they were outmanned, outcoached, outclassed, and outplayed. 

They can get 4-6 wins this season. I just hope they get better/improve as the the season progresses. 

Could we have won these games if the opponents were healthy? The Chiefs, 49ers, and even Dallas had major injuries

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Detroit has had some bad bounces and are a gritty football team. They should’ve beat the Ravens, but the refs screwed them over.

Exactly that. They aren't good by any stretch but I think they are gritty like you say. 

• Like 1

Detroit likes to run the ball, have you seen our run defense?

Some team we don’t expect is going to play down to our level or worse and give us a win. It just might be Carolina this week, because they might be coming down to earth now.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

I look over the schedule and I do not see us winning another game before week 8. Every team on the schedule before that, is Much improved. This will be our second Win of the Year, when we defeat Detroit Lions and finally make a statement that winning is more important than selecting a top draft pick in the next Year's Draft. Unless... SIRI decides to suddenly sit Hurts in the 4th quarter, "just to see if Minshew can get some playing time". LOL . At which point It will be obvious that the puppet strings were pulled once again, from the Management booth upstairs. With wins over Giants and Jets we are looking at 4-5 Wins season. I should have taken the Under Vegas Odds, instead of Over.

The number one pick all too often doesn't work out anyway.

5 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Could we have won these games if the opponents were healthy? The Chiefs, 49ers, and even Dallas had major injuries

As did the Eagles. 

1 minute ago, Procus said:

The number one pick all too often doesn't work out anyway.

As did the Eagles. 

If both teams are healthy do you think we'd win them?

12 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And through 4 games I think he's had one very good, one good, one average and one poor so he's been far from poo overall. 

Personally, i like what im seeing with Hurts. Just need to work on the RZ offense. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

If both teams are healthy do you think we'd win them?

Probably not - although those line injuries the Eagles are suffering from are absolute killers.  Both lines were the strength of the team.

6 hours ago, EagleMatt said:

Personally, i like what im seeing with Hurts. Just need to work on the RZ offense. 

The RZ offense has been woeful to be fair! 

On 10/4/2021 at 8:05 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Exactly and the average and poor ones are play calling. 

On 10/4/2021 at 1:10 AM, Traveler Vic said:

I'm honestly not looking at wins/losses this year.  All I really care about is seeing development of some of our young players (especially Hurts) and both the offense and defense look like they are figuring things out more and more as the season progresses, that both units look like they are on an upward trajectory to give hope for 2022 and beyond.  

1 hour ago, Portyansky said:

Exactly and the average and poor ones are play calling. 

Well they are play calling to an extent yes. 

5 hours ago, time2rock said:

I'm honestly not looking at wins/losses this year.  All I really care about is seeing development of some of our young players (especially Hurts) and both the offense and defense look like they are figuring things out more and more as the season progresses, that both units look like they are on an upward trajectory to give hope for 2022 and beyond.  

Same thing happened to me! I resigned myself to the conclusion, that being an optimist is a path that leads to disappointment. LOL. Considering that most coaches mentioned that, "I Have no system" Gannon, or "We listen to what the opposing defense gives us" Siri, etc.etc.. I realized that these coaches are content with playing with what they got, because they do not know what they got, mop up the lost games, and move on to the next weeks public entertainment (Game). Now that my expectations are down, I realistically think that it will be 2023 when the team may be good again. Until then, it will be soup of weekly heroics and disappointments. We might even win some surprise games before that, if the other team takes us for granted.

14 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Same thing happened to me! I resigned myself to the conclusion, that being an optimist is a path that leads to disappointment. LOL. Considering that most coaches mentioned that, "I Have no system" Gannon, or "We listen to what the opposing defense gives us" Siri, etc.etc.. I realized that these coaches are content with playing with what they got, because they do not know what they got, mop up the lost games, and move on to the next weeks public entertainment (Game). Now that my expectations are down, I realistically think that it will be 2023 when the team may be good again. Until then, it will be soup of weekly heroics and disappointments. We might even win some surprise games before that, if the other team takes us for granted.

There have been some glimpses of promise on offense - Siri just needs to figure out how to put together a proper gameplan and how to stick with it (can't be calling only 3 running plays in a game).  They have some promising young players on that side of the ball too.  It is the defense that needs to be addressed in a big way ... Gannon is likely hamstrung by the lack of talent.  

• Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 12:14 AM, D-Shiznit said:

Yeah, but I can't see a coach wanting to lose a game. By that point the team could have a ton more injuries so it may not be an issue.