Tyler Linderbaum (Iowa C/OG) -- DRAFTED BY BALTIMORE #25

Godfather

I like Linderbaum and if they draft him in the first I am OK with it.  That would mean Stout likes him that much to get a center in the first.  However, I am also convinced at this point that Stout can build a dominate O-line out of bailing twine and straw so if they grab 1-2 guys later for C/G/T development that is OK too.

Personally I hope they invest at least in a dominate physical G/T to upgrade RG and backup RT as long as Johnson sticks around.  I think they can slide Seumalo into center.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, proveagle said:

However, I am also convinced at this point that Stout can build a dominate O-line out of bailing twine and straw so if they grab 1-2 guys later for C/G/T development that is OK too.

I think Stout can build a dominant OL out of most things but let's not forget he's working with a lot of talent. I think his best trait is that he tends to get depth guys out there and playing competent football. I'm always impressed by how well prepared our back ups are. 

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think Stout can build a dominant OL out of most things but let's not forget he's working with a lot of talent. I think his best trait is that he tends to get depth guys out there and playing competent football. I'm always impressed by how well prepared our back ups are. 

Agree.  I am fine either way and would prefer Oline investment to give Stout elite players to work with.  My one caveat is on philosophy where I hope they learned there lesson with Dillard.  I don't want to see anymore soft (read not physically dominate maulers) being drafted.  I don't care how athletic they show they are.  They need to be mentally and physically tough first.  I would be perfectly happy in they took Linderbaum in the first and then added someone like Ingram for RG later.

I love Oline and want to see the Eagles field one so dominate that they are rushing 200 a game every game and just can't be stopped.  Yes please.

• Like 2

On 12/22/2021 at 3:59 PM, proveagle said:

I like Linderbaum and if they draft him in the first I am OK with it.  That would mean Stout likes him that much to get a center in the first.  However, I am also convinced at this point that Stout can build a dominate O-line out of bailing twine and straw so if they grab 1-2 guys later for C/G/T development that is OK too.

Personally I hope they invest at least in a dominate physical G/T to upgrade RG and backup RT as long as Johnson sticks around.  I think they can slide Seumalo into center.

I'm not trusting Seumalo anymore with his health issues every year.....

• Like 1

Really hoping to use our first 2 picks on defense (in particular DE and CB, depending on who is there).  If Linderbaum falls to the pick from Indy (which will likely be in the 25-28 area now), I'd be fine with that.  I think he would be a perfect heir to Kelce - the entire left side of the OL would be set for years to come (knock on wood).  But as others have said, you can probably give Stoutland another day 2 or 3 pick and he'd turn him into a stud, so perhaps a pick on someone like Lloyd at LB would make a ton of sense too.  

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

Really hoping to use our first 2 picks on defense (in particular DE and CB, depending on who is there).  If Linderbaum falls to the pick from Indy (which will likely be in the 25-28 area now), I'd be fine with that.  I think he would be a perfect heir to Kelce - the entire left side of the OL would be set for years to come (knock on wood).  But as others have said, you can probably give Stoutland another day 2 or 3 pick and he'd turn him into a stud, so perhaps a pick on someone like Lloyd at LB would make a ton of sense too.  

I don't see that. I think we can be lucky if we get him with our best first, considering both the Eagles and the Colts will prolly make the playoffs and these picks will be way too low.

19 hours ago, time2rock said:

Linderbaum is being projected as a top 10 pick. I don't think he makes it pass 15 imo

In some of my mocks yesterday (since all 3 picks are lower now) I have ended up taking Ojabo/Linderbaum/Green.  Yes I took a new C and RG.  It ended up as a great draft and I would be stoked to see this line next year (assuming Kelce retires): Mailata<->Dickerson<->Linderbaum<->Green<->Johnson.  I found plenty of good talent at Corner/safety/LB/WR still available later.

Maybe I am weird but watching elite, dominate Oline play is awesome.  I like run heavy offense when its not 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

23 hours ago, Godfather said:

Linderbaum is being projected as a top 10 pick. I don't think he makes it pass 15 imo

There still is a bit of hope teams hesitate drafting a center early, but I fear that is wishful thinking.

Ouch… the opportunities to land top tier DE talent as advertised have gone from slim to none. However, the roster is riddled with enough holes that you can still roll through without reaching much.

image.thumb.jpeg.66300707b11056824d7f5d47618c6a73.jpeg

4 hours ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Ouch… the opportunities to land top tier DE talent as advertised have gone from slim to none. However, the roster is riddled with enough holes that you can still roll through without reaching much.

image.thumb.jpeg.66300707b11056824d7f5d47618c6a73.jpeg

I'm guessing landing a top CB took a hit too?

34 minutes ago, Godfather said:

I'm guessing landing a top CB took a hit too?

McCreary might have been there (and I think that would be good value in the 1st), but philosophically if they going to play with a lot of safety help I’m not sure if we need to invest in the same way at CB. Guys like Rasul Douglas didn’t suddenly watch film and get good, they are put in a scheme that allowed them to be aggressive w/o getting toasted over the top. So, I’m looking for good zone CBs who don’t have to be thoroughbreds (but it helps). Martin in the second, Gordon in the 3rd, Lucas on Day 3.

There’s also a massive try-out going on now - with the team carrying like 7 Corners so that is also a factor, I suppose.

11 hours ago, Waiting4Someday said:

McCreary might have been there (and I think that would be good value in the 1st), but philosophically if they going to play with a lot of safety help I’m not sure if we need to invest in the same way at CB. Guys like Rasul Douglas didn’t suddenly watch film and get good, they are put in a scheme that allowed them to be aggressive w/o getting toasted over the top. So, I’m looking for good zone CBs who don’t have to be thoroughbreds (but it helps). Martin in the second, Gordon in the 3rd, Lucas on Day 3.

There’s also a massive try-out going on now - with the team carrying like 7 Corners so that is also a factor, I suppose.

McCreary might be a late first. If we draft him with our last first I’d be very happy.

16 hours ago, Waiting4Someday said:

I don't see any tryouts going on. I believe only Slay, Maddox, and Gowen are signed through next season. The rest of the guys will be FA. McCreary would've been the pick for me over Burks at that point

4 hours ago, Godfather said:

I don't see any tryouts going on. I believe only Slay, Maddox, and Gowen are signed through next season. The rest of the guys will be FA. McCreary would've been the pick for me over Burks at that point

You’re forgetting McPhearson, who we can only hope takes a big step in year two. 

Just now, nipples said:

You’re forgetting McPhearson

I did forget him. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Eagles should be back in play with Linderbaum having back to back picks.  If he falls into the teens

Finally sat down to watch some film. I really like this guy, I see why he is so highly touted. The way he moves in space, the angles he takes when blocking down field, reminds me a lot of kelce.

On 12/29/2021 at 12:01 PM, Godfather said:

After seeing the CBs we’ve been hoarding actually play - yeah we’ll need to draft somebody.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Linderbaum is so good.  It would seem impossible to pass him up.  You can never have enough good players in the trenches and Kelce will be gone soon.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’m penciling him in as Eagle. Seems like a match made in heaven. 

What if Kelce wants to play this season and again for another season after that? Who does Linderbaum replace for the time being? As much as I like the prospect, I'm not sure he really addresses a "need." We already drafted Dickerson with the mindset that he would eventually replace Kelce. We have Seulmalo who can play C/G. We gave Herbig plenty of work at C last season. The coaches still seem to really like Jack Anderson and for some reason began testing Toth at C as well. 

What I'm saying is that the Eagles are already prepared at C If Kelce retires in the future. Drafting Linderbaum if Kelce returns probably forces Linderbaum to sit until Kelce actually retires.