Weekly line thread: Eagles +7 vs. Buccaneers

Hawkeye

The Eagles are 7 point home doggos in a short week against Brady and his Bucs.  Gutty performance yesterday and the defense finally clicked but Brady on national TV  in prime time is always a tough putt. And three days to prepare for the rookie coaching staff against the reigning NFL Champions feels like a tough spot. 

Line: Buccaneers -7 Eagles
Total: 51.5
Money line: Buccaneers -300/Eagles +240

I think 7 is a little rich for my liking. I mean don't get me wrong this is not a good team but a 40 year old Brady on a short week? I think he's going to need his defense to turn up. I think it'll be a scrappy 20-16 football game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Only thing keeping this from a blowout is if Brady's thumb is still bothering him Thursday. 

Thursday night games don't tend to be known for their excitement and quality. I think it'll be a close scoreline but the actual game won't feel close. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Thursday night games don't tend to be known for their excitement and quality. I think it'll be a close scoreline but the actual game won't feel close. 

I think that's more of a misconception.  There have been some good Thursday Night games over the years. 

But a blowout isn't exactly am exciting good game but I think that's what we are getting. For reference the Panthers best the Texans by 15 points on TNF in week 3.  The other games on TNF have been relatively well match teams but this the Super Bowl Champion against the team with the 6th pick in the draft so there is a disparity between the teams that is clear that will not be diminished via a short week. 

Not like the defense will have extra TE to cook up something to slow down that on fire Bucs offense.  Really think the only thing that can keep them at bay is an old Brady slow to recover from that thumb issue. 

Bucs might score 51 on their own.  Throw in our 10 and that's a gimme on the over.  

58 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Depends on if Bucs are healthy. If they are then I think it gets ugly for Eagles

It sounds like Gronk might be back as well so...

Wish I could comfortably predict Sirianni gets his next W like I did this past week but I just don’t see it.  2-4 is about where I expected to be 6 games into the season.  

18 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Only thing keeping this from a blowout is if Brady's thumb is still bothering him Thursday. 

Amen !

18 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

The Eagles are 7 point home doggos in a short week against Brady and his Bucs.  Gutty performance yesterday and the defense finally clicked but Brady on national TV  in prime time is always a tough putt. And three days to prepare for the rookie coaching staff against the reigning NFL Champions feels like a tough spot. 

Line: Buccaneers -7 Eagles
Total: 51.5
Money line: Buccaneers -300/Eagles +240

Where do I go to bet against us. We lose by a lot more than 7 imho

Atlanta put 25 on the Buccs and managed to sack Brady 3 times, They struggled to put the Falcons away until the 4th, didn't look good against the Patriots, were lucky to scrape by Dallarse and the Rams handled them pretty easily, Their record is largely a product of playing 3 crap teams so far. 

The defensive line really needs to turn up and hit Brady early, but I don't think this is a blowout.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

The defensive line really needs to turn up and hit Brady early, but I don't think this is a blowout.

No on a short week with Brady suffering with a bad hand I don't think it's going to be a blowout. I also don't think we will win and I think the Bucs will be in control. 

Also worth pointing out that Tampa are the worst pass defense in the league, bar none, they're allowing 310 yards and 2.6 TDs a game, which is absolutely shocking considering 2 of the QB's they've faced are Mac Jones and Jacoby Brissett.

They have the best run defense in the league too, but that's fine with our no run policy.

• Like 1

I would absolutely take the Eagles+7. I would also take the Eagles on the money line. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

+7 does tempt me I'll give Vegas that... I'll avoid but its tempting me. If it moves a little to say +8.5 I may go in. 

Vegas is built on temptation of one kind or another. It's their model. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Also worth pointing out that Tampa are the worst pass defense in the league, bar none, they're allowing 310 yards and 2.6 TDs a game, which is absolutely shocking considering 2 of the QB's they've faced are Mac Jones and Jacoby Brissett.

They have the best run defense in the league too, but that's fine with our no run policy.

Perfect time for Siriani to prioritize the ground game.

5 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

This is the week that Siri calls 30 run plays.

8 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Vegas is built on temptation of one kind or another. It's their model. 

Oh I know bud. I've been a few times.😃

• Like 1