Gruden is out

Seventy_Yard_FG

SMH I guess those emails are pretty damning but I didn’t read them and don’t know the context either

Yeah, he resigned. Some reports are that the NFL forced him out. Pretty shocking news. 

Sometimes I even look back at my own old texts/posts and forget the whole context

Called Goodell something that rhymes with schmaggot and an "anti-football pu$$y.”

1 hour ago, jsdarkstar said:

Yeah, he resigned. Some reports are that the NFL forced him out. Pretty shocking news. 

After what he called Goodell in writing, no surprise

• Like 1

I don't think it's surprising. I don't know what the emails said but in this day and age if you say something that offends anyone (no matter when you said it) then it'll catch up to you at some point. 

The funniest thing about this whole thing is that he was taken down/out because of The Washington Football Team!  Because the NFL has been digging into everything there, they found Gruden's emails.....and now the Raiders got f'd.  Washington, taking others down with 'em!!!

1 hour ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Hilary Clinton is next!!...oh wait nevermind. 

Biden: "De-segregation will cause my kids to grow up in a racial jungle."
Cancel Culture: "President"

Gruden: "Big lips"
Also Cancel Culture: "Racist"

Good enough for the white house, but not the nfl I guess. What a time to be alive.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Macho Grande said:

Biden: "De-segregation will cause my kids to grow up in a racial jungle."
Cancel Culture: "President"

Gruden: "Big lips"
Also Cancel Culture: "Racist"

Good enough for the white house, but not the nfl I guess. What a time to be alive.

go fellate eric trump!!!  

Screenshot_20211012-132501_ESPN.thumb.jpg.1d36bec0d8204a5bdc8827c9abf26460.jpg

Carl Nassib is the only openly gay player in the league right? He also plays for the Raiders. As soon as this one leaked it was pretty much going to be untenable

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

Is he still part owner? Does he still get paid his 100 million ? 

I'm assuming he keeps the ownership but doesn't get the rest of the salary

1 minute ago, Mat said:

Screenshot_20211012-132501_ESPN.thumb.jpg.1d36bec0d8204a5bdc8827c9abf26460.jpg

Carl Nassib is the only openly gay player in the league right? He also plays for the Raiders. As soon as this one leaked it was pretty much going to be untenable

I'm assuming he keeps the ownership but doesn't get the rest of the salary

Especially cos he retired, not fired. 

So gruden resigned(before he was fired) after emails which he exchanged with the Washington football team top brass. If I was Bruce Allen I’d be very nervous and I can see Dan Snyders temporary withdrawal from daily activities of the WFT becoming a lot more permanent. I wonder if jay Gruden will be caught up in this ? 

*crossing fingers* Please find something on Howie, please find something on Howie

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Who writes those things in emails linked to nfl email accounts?    Dumb as dirt.

Gruden about to be can cancelled.   No espn no nothing. May as well move to Mexico and drink Coronas on the beach with snoop dog.   That’s what I would do.   

This is similar to The Patriot Act.

- Should Jon Gruden be fired for a myriad of reasons? Yes

- Should decades-old correspondences be used to ruin people’s lives? Of course not.

I haven't really been following this situation, did he treat players, staff and franchise employees differently/negatively due to race or sexual orientation? 

3 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

Who writes those things in emails linked to nfl email accounts?    Dumb as dirt.

Gruden about to be can cancelled.   No espn no nothing. May as well move to Mexico and drink Coronas on the beach with snoop dog.   That’s what I would do.   

Or turn to politics…this sort of thing does well in that space 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LacesOut said:

He is a freaking a-hole. Always has been, IMO. Emails or not.

And damn he is one weird looking man. 

ocuYsqx.gif

Buccaneers Remove Jon Gruden From Team's Ring of Honor After Email Scandal

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/10/12/jon-gruden-removed-buccaneers-ring-of-honor-email-scandal

The Buccaneers are removing Jon Gruden from the team's Ring of Honor, Tampa Bay announced on Tuesday.

"The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have advocated for purposeful change in the areas of race relations, gender equality, diversity and inclusion for many years," the team said in a statement. "While we acknowledge Jon Gruden’s contributions on the field, his actions go against our core values as an organization. Therefore, he will no longer continue to be a member of the Buccaneers Ring of Honor.”

The announcement comes one day after the release of numerous offensive emails Gruden sent between 2010 to 2018. The Raiders head coach resigned from his position Monday evening.

The New York Times published a report Monday detailing a number of emails featuring misogynistic, racist and anti-LGBTQ language sent by Gruden. A Wall Street Journal report was released last week in which Gruden used a racist trope to describe executive director of the NFL Players Association DeMaurice Smith.

Gruden, who coached the Bucs from 2002 to 2008, led Tampa Bay to its first title with a win over the Raiders in Super Bowl XXXVII in 2002, becoming the youngest head coach to do so at 39. He remained the youngest until Mike Tomlin (Gruden's former defensive backs coach with the Bucs) did so in 2008 in Super Bowl XLIII. 

The Buccaneers inducted Gruden into the Ring of Honor in 2017 and in 2020 the team erected a statue of the former head coach in the lobby of the training facility. 

You can bet the statue will be removed, too. 

Spoiler

Chas_P7WYAAjW_g.jpg