Justin Fields (THEE Ohio State QB) -- DRAFTED BY CHICAGO #11

Jenkins27

3 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Look I really do want to see Hurts get a fair shot but we have an issue at QB because there is no clear franchise QB. 

one thing we learned this season is that Wentz is not our franchise qb.

with the Jets losing out on #1 pick there is a change they decide that Sam Darnold deserves another shot. This could cause Justin Fields to slide. I have been on record that the Eagles must consider Fields if he is on the board when the Eagles are on the clock. 

this is not an overreaction to Hurts game today. 

What I got from today’s game is that QB is not the issue. The OL and playcalling is. Wentz can ball, Hurts can ball. Neither can overcome a NFL record 13 different starting OL combinations or bad playcalling. We need an offensive coordinator more than another QB imo.

If the front office believes Fields/Wilson/Trask upgrades the QB position, then they have to be the pick.

You don’t get to pick 6th often.

So there it is   1) Caleb Farley-CB 2- Chris Olave-WR  3-Deonte Brown-OG 5-Jamir White-RB 5- Jimmy Morrissey-C 6-Micah McFadden-ILB 7 Tommy Togai- DL3 tech      UDFA Zac Thomas-QB          Call Lurie,I got this HAHAHAHA

He might be talented but Im not a fan of this pick for us. We dont need another qb in our room, especially not in the first round. A rookie Fields isnt going to come in and immediately make us contend for the playoffs IMO. Id rather start to get pieces that will help our QB succeed and ride it out with what we have already invested in. If we get another high pick next year then we can talk stingley or a qb. I like this though if we trade Wentz first.

7 hours ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

He might be talented but Im not a fan of this pick for us. We dont need another qb in our room, especially not in the first round. A rookie Fields isnt going to come in and immediately make us contend for the playoffs IMO. Id rather start to get pieces that will help our QB succeed and ride it out with what we have already invested in. If we get another high pick next year then we can talk stingley or a qb. I like this though if we trade Wentz first.

News flash, the Eagles will not be serious contenders for the next 2 years with their cap situation.

Fields is a long shot and if he is not the pick this will give us another year to evaluate the QB position. If the QBs stink, then we will likely be back in the top 10 but I am not sure that will be enough to grab the top QB next year Spencer Rattler.

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

News flash, the Eagles will not be serious contenders for the next 2 years with their cap situation.

Fields is a long shot and if he is not the pick this will give us another year to evaluate the QB position. If the QBs stink, then we will likely be back in the top 10 but I am not sure that will be enough to grab the top QB next year Spencer Rattler.

Uh yeah. Pretty much the same thing I said. 

9 hours ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

A rookie Fields isnt going to come in and immediately make us contend for the playoffs IMO.

My comment was for this. They have flexibility to pick in a top tier Qb this year because of the fact we will not be able to compete for the next year or two. 

40 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

My comment was for this. They have flexibility to pick in a top tier Qb this year because of the fact we will not be able to compete for the next year or two. 

There isn’t a qb that will fall to them that will immediately make our team better. Fields isn’t going to come in and have an Andrew luck like affect. Like you said even with whatever qb we won’t compete for the next year or two. Makes no sense to argue to draft a new qb to start developing for 2 years when we have already started that with hurts and have wentz too. 

even if you think fields is good he isn’t so good that we eat wentz contact and suck up the fact we drafted a qb in round 2 last year just to take a developmental qb.

18 minutes ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

There isn’t a qb that will fall to them that will immediately make our team better. Fields isn’t going to come in and have an Andrew luck like affect. Like you said even with whatever qb we won’t compete for the next year or two. Makes no sense to argue to draft a new qb to start developing for 2 years when we have already started that with hurts and have wentz too. 

even if you think fields is good he isn’t so good that we eat wentz contact and suck up the fact we drafted a qb in round 2 last year just to take a developmental qb.

Lol I think the point flying completely over your head. No one is saying fields is coming in and transforming this team immediately.

the fact that this team is in cap hell means they can take chances. If they draft fields because they think he is the guy, this gives him a chance to learn behind the QBs now (we know Wentz isnt the answer and if they draft fields they know Hurts isn’t the guy either). Then they can use the year of two to get rid of these crap contracts build around fields and be ready to complete in 2-3 years with fields still on rookie deal.

I am not advocating this to happen. But I would not be shocked. An arrogant franchise like the Eagles do not anticipate to be anywhere near top 5 again in the coming seasons so they may look to this as their opportunity.

The jets hold the fate of Fields right now. If the jets skip on him he may slide out the top 5 (other 3 picks in the top 5 dolphins, Bengals, falcons). Not as crazy as it sounds.

Wentz got rattled and hurt cause of his poor offensive line. And that criminal Clowny purposely smashed his head in while he was on the ground and permanently injured him. Clowny has done this stuff a lot and should be kicked out of football.

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

Lol I think the point flying completely over your head. No one is saying fields is coming in and transforming this team immediately.

the fact that this team is in cap hell means they can take chances. If they draft fields because they think he is the guy, this gives him a chance to learn behind the QBs now (we know Wentz isnt the answer and if they draft fields they know Hurts isn’t the guy either). Then they can use the year of two to get rid of these crap contracts build around fields and be ready to complete in 2-3 years with fields still on rookie deal.

I am not advocating this to happen. But I would not be shocked. An arrogant franchise like the Eagles do not anticipate to be anywhere near top 5 again in the coming seasons so they may look to this as their opportunity.

The jets hold the fate of Fields right now. If the jets skip on him he may slide out the top 5 (other 3 picks in the top 5 dolphins, Bengals, falcons). Not as crazy as it sounds.

True but you’re totally forgetting about Wilson who many already have a similar or higher grade on.

I’m not convinced Fields is the guy for the NYJ. He might be better off as an understudy in Atlanta or Carolina IMO.

If Fields is on the board when the Eagles pick then they should absolutely give serious consideration to taking him. I really like Fields and have for years so I'll admit I'm a little bias in my assessment but I think he'd be a great pick. 

9 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Not flying over my head at all. You’re basically just saying hey, we already got knocked to the ground, why don’t we lay here for a while before we get back up? 

adding fields brings more problems than solutions. We can do everything you mentioned with hurts at qb and can begin to surround our qb with talent. 

we have created a web controversy already and you want to add a third? That is a waste of a draft pick for this team. We only take a an if we know for sure, 100%, that they will beat out wentz and hurts in an offense that the two former have experience in. Only guarantee there would be lawrence and we aren’t getting him.

To draft a qb this year, especially with a first or second round pick would be completely stupid. If that happens our gm should be fired immediately.

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If Fields is on the board when the Eagles pick then they should absolutely give serious consideration to taking him. I really like Fields and have for years so I'll admit I'm a little bias in my assessment but I think he'd be a great pick. 

Last qb out of Ohio state that everyone swore is worth a first rounder is available if you just gotta have a qb lol

5 minutes ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

Last qb out of Ohio state that everyone swore is worth a first rounder is available if you just gotta have a qb lol

I said it in a post in the first page. Ohio State QBs are not NFL QBs. Works in the college level but no thank you at the NFL level. 

Now if you want to give me a DE, DB or hell even a WR from Ohio State, sure Im game.

Just now, DeathByEagle said:

I said it in a post in the first page. Ohio State QBs are not NFL QBs. Works in the college level but no thank you at the NFL level. 

Now if you want to give me a DE, DB or hell even a WR from Ohio State, sure Im game.

I was honestly being sarcastic and dont think there are many similarities between Fields and Haskins. That being said I would honestly rather take a chance on Haskins as a FA than draft Fields in the first round. Not saying I want Haskins, saying I really dont want Fields or any of the qbs that will be there.

1 minute ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

I was honestly being sarcastic and dont think there are many similarities between Fields and Haskins. That being said I would honestly rather take a chance on Haskins as a FA than draft Fields in the first round. Not saying I want Haskins, saying I really dont want Fields or any of the qbs that will be there.

I wouldnt even take Haskins in a backup role. Ohio State QBs all fail in the NFL. Maybe one day that could change, but I dont want my team to be the test dummy to try it out whether its a draft pick or FA.

2 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

I wouldnt even take Haskins in a backup role. Ohio State QBs all fail in the NFL. Maybe one day that could change, but I dont want my team to be the test dummy to try it out whether its a draft pick or FA.

Yeah I dont want either of them. If we take another qb it should be a low priced veteran. That way we have some experience if we do end up moving on from Wentz.

I think he could potentially be in range for us. Now whether we would take him, whether we even should is up for debate but I think he'll be on the board potentially. 

Why was the topic changed? This was originally about  one of the Mannings thats in High School if I'm correct.

Not to mention there's already a topic on this player. Just scroll down a few threats.

As for Fields that you change the topic too. No Ohio State quarterback ever succeeds in the NFL. Do we really want to risk a high draft pick with that track record? Let a different team be the test dummy

I’ve seen enough. Fields looks great in the biggest game of his life.

If Fields is on the board, then I’d draft Fields.

As I was saying...

if fields is there they must (at the very least) consider drafting him

52 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

As I was saying...

if fields is there they must (at the very least) consider drafting him

QB factory...

On 12/30/2020 at 11:39 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So, would that mean when Doug brings in Hurts to do the read option, then both Fields and Wentz would be lined up as WRs at the same time?😲

• Like 1