Justin Fields (THEE Ohio State QB) -- DRAFTED BY CHICAGO #11

Jenkins27

If Fields is there at 12, you absolutely fleece someone that wants to move up for him. Patriots,WFT,Bears... Bend em over and skip teh lube. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, What The F said:

If Fields is there at 12, you absolutely fleece someone that wants to move up for him. Patriots,WFT,Bears... Bend em over and skip teh lube. 

Nah you take him because I think he's going to be a damn good player. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Nah you take him because I think he's going to be a damn good player. 

If we had a solid team that was missing a piece or 2, and had a desperate need at QB, then ya, I agree.

But... this team is in full rebuild and has a serviceable QB to get us thru this year. Along with a boatload of picks next year, QB is 1 position that we can afford to wait on until 2022.  Especially when you are talking about the 3rd..4th...5th? best QB in this class. Just wait and if need be take QB1/2 next year. 

1 hour ago, What The F said:

If we had a solid team that was missing a piece or 2, and had a desperate need at QB, then ya, I agree.

But... this team is in full rebuild and has a serviceable QB to get us thru this year. Along with a boatload of picks next year, QB is 1 position that we can afford to wait on until 2022.  Especially when you are talking about the 3rd..4th...5th? best QB in this class. Just wait and if need be take QB1/2 next year. 

But if Fields is going to be a top nfl QB (and my view is that he is) then you don't pass on a player like that. They have 3 first round picks next year to build the roster too. 

Hope hes long gone by our pick. I see him as the next in line of a long list of bust QBs from Ohio State. 

On 4/25/2021 at 4:19 AM, Portyansky said:

If Fields is there at 12, I think Howie pulls the trigger.

If Fields is there at 12 you take calls and see if we can score another 1st round pick next year to move down a few places. (Bears, Vikings, Pats) 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AberdeenEagle said:

If Fields is there at 12 you take calls and see if we can score another 1st round pick next year to move down a few places. (Bears, Vikings, Pats) 

An extra 2nd and a fifth will do.

3 hours ago, AberdeenEagle said:

Depends on who's there and who isn't.  If the prospect we want is available and we could lose that guy by trading down, I wouldn't trade down.  If the guys we really want are already gone, then I'd be more open.

Todd McShay is reporting that there is interest among certain members of the Eagles FO in Justin Fields, gonna be interesting.

1 hour ago, D-Shiznit said:

Todd McShay is reporting that there is interest among certain members of the Eagles FO in Justin Fields, gonna be interesting.

If one of those members is Howie, then it is probably almost a lock he'll be the pick if still there at 12 (or falls to say 8 or 9 and within reach of a minor trade up) because we all know Howie doesn't use the information provided to him by the scouts and instead does what HE feels is best because he is smarter than all of them after all.

• Haha 1

If the 49ers skip on Fields for Mac Jones, that front office and coaching staff will be on a 2 year countdown.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

If the 49ers skip on Fields for Mac Jones, that front office and coaching staff will be on a 2 year countdown.

Couldn't agree with you more! They'll need their heads seeing too as well. 

3 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

They took Alex Smith over Rodgers 'cause he was the safer pick.

If Fields is there at 12, you take him. I’d argue that if he gets within a few picks of 12, you try to move up and grab him. 

I think Hurts has some potential, but is so far from a sure thing that I can’t see passing on the opportunity to upgrade. Fields to me is just a better prospect. But then again I’ve been saying for months now that I truly believe when it’s all said and done, Fields will be the best QB to come out of this draft. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nipples said:

If Fields is there at 12, you take him. I’d argue that if he gets within a few picks of 12, you try to move up and grab him. 

I think Hurts has some potential, but is so far from a sure thing that I can’t see passing on the opportunity to upgrade. Fields to me is just a better prospect. But then again I’ve been saying for months now that I truly believe when it’s all said and done, Fields will be the best QB to come out of this draft. 

Absolutely agree

13 minutes ago, nipples said:

Right there with you on that bud. I'm a big Fields fan. I actually think he's the best QB in this draft (in my opinion) so if he's within shot a few picks before us then they should go get him. 

• Like 2