Justin Fields (THEE Ohio State QB) -- DRAFTED BY CHICAGO #11

Jenkins27

13 minutes ago, nipples said:

Trade Wentz to the Jets to swap picks? 😆 

I think we can command two 2nd rounders for Wentz. #6 and two 2nd rounders should be able to get us to #3 but not sure how much more for #2. If we were at #5 (thanks to the Texans Defense), it would be more realistic to trade to #2 but idk now.

I would be ok with either of the two WRs or Fields.

• 1 month later...

Eagles are fielding calls for Wentz. Doesn't mean they will be trading him but I would believe that if they field calls they would be doing their due dilligence on QBs in this years draft. Hurts shows promise but its a tough call with a new coaching staff. If Wentz is traded, has Hurts showed enough to be the unquestioned starter of this team for next year? Or does he battle it out with Nate Sudfeld who has the best arm on the team (according to Lurie).

I don't think Fields is going to be better then Lawrence or Wilson 

23 hours ago, Godfather said:

You’re wrong.

3 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

You’re wrong.

We'll see. Fields will be average at best another OSU bum

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Godfather said:

We'll see. Fields will be average at best another OSU bum

Wilson is the next JaMarcus Russell 💩

1 minute ago, Jenkins27 said:

Wilson is the next JaMarcus Russell 💩

And Fields is the next Haskins

2 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

LMAO stop it!

Like I said. We'll find out. Fields will be average at best. I don't want to hear he's not a Myer QB because Day was a pretty bad QB coach

7 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Like I said. We'll find out. Fields will be average at best. I don't want to hear he's not a Myer QB because Day was a pretty bad QB coach

We will see but I disagree. He would be perfect for Philly. Not my first choice but if they trade Wentz and grab Fields I wouldnt be overly upset.

The Eagles have been setting it up to either draft another QB or hand the keys to Hurts.

Just now, philafan4o8 said:

We will see but I disagree. He would be perfect for Philly. Not my first choice but if they trade Wentz and grab Fields I wouldnt be overly upset.

The Eagles have been setting it up to either draft another QB or hand the keys to Hurts.

The biggest issue i have with drafting a QB in the first is the talent around that player. They aren't exactly in a great position to succeed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

I don't see them drafting a qb high in back to back years. I'd rather Wentz stay and take the BPA or finally fix the WR or CB position. If Wentz is traded they'll most likely roll with Hurts next year. Just saying that makes me want to vomit

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The biggest issue i have with drafting a QB in the first is the talent around that player. They aren't exactly in a great position to succeed. 

Just now, Godfather said:

I don't see them drafting a qb high in back to back years. I'd rather Wentz stay and take the BPA or finally fix the WR or CB position. If Wentz is traded they'll most likely roll with Hurts next year. Just saying that makes me want to vomit

I agree with both of you. I am not sold on Hurts. The Eagles made it clear that they are looking for success 3-5 years from now We are talking about a complete rebuild. They have essentially stated this team is not good enough to win for the next couple years. 

Again I am not all for drafting a QB at 6 but I would not be suprised if they did. Give me Chase or Smith at 6 haha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, philafan4o8 said:

I agree with both of you. I am not sold on Hurts. The Eagles made it clear that they are looking for success 3-5 years from now We are talking about a complete rebuild. They have essentially stated this team is not good enough to win for the next couple years. 

And I don't think many would disagree with that. This is a rebuild and personally I think they can take advantage of Hurts being on a rookie deal and build a team for a future QB. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Again I am not all for drafting a QB at 6 but I would not be suprised if they did. Give me Chase or Smith at 6 haha

Yes. Chase or Smith

15 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Yes. Chase or Smith

Or Pitts 🙏

He’s gonna be a stud. Safest pick in the draft aside from Trevor.

Just now, Jenkins27 said:

Or Pitts 🙏

He’s gonna be a stud. Safest pick in the draft aside from Trevor.

I think it's foolish to draft a TE in the top 10. Recent history shows that. Fant and Hockerson in the same year. Ebron is another 

Just now, Godfather said:

I think it's foolish to draft a TE in the top 10. Recent history shows that. Fant and Hockerson in the same year. Ebron is another 

He can line up anywhere. If he entered the draft as a WR he’d still be a first rounder. He’s that good imo.

1 minute ago, Jenkins27 said:

He can line up anywhere. If he entered the draft as a WR he’d still be a first rounder. He’s that good imo.

He's good no doubt. I would take Chase, Smith, Horn, or Surtain over him with that 6th pick

On 2/4/2021 at 12:37 PM, Godfather said:

I do. And I hate Ohio State. 

7 hours ago, Godfather said:

He's good no doubt. I would take Chase, Smith, Horn, or Surtain over him with that 6th pick

Surtain isn’t even the best CB in this draft. I’d be pretty mad if they took him 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And I don't think many would disagree with that. This is a rebuild and personally I think they can take advantage of Hurts being on a rookie deal and build a team for a future QB. 

Best move is to trade Wentz and build in the draft with the capital they get from him plays the picks they already have. Eat the contract for a season and by 2022 be free and clear of it all. If Hurts stinks it up in 2021 the team will likely be in the top 10 again. Move up and get the quarterback you want and you now have the cap space to sign better free agents. The best move is to dump Wentz now and go with Hurts. Use the picks to draft younger talent IMO. 

14 hours ago, nipples said:

Surtain isn’t even the best CB in this draft. I’d be pretty mad if they took him 

Your opinion. Nothing wrong with that

If they think move on from Wentz, then taking Fields is a priority. Hurts doesn't look like the answer and this year's QB class is above average. If the team stinks again next year and get a high pick, it won't matter much if the QB talent available is rubbish. Fields is inconsistent and a little raw, probably could've benefited from another year in college to learn to read defenses better, but his physical traits are there. If Wentz is around, then building other areas of the team makes more sense.

I’m not ready to say that Hurts isn’t the answer. I think he showed a lot of flaws last season, but also showed a lot of good things. The positive aspect of it is that a lot of the good things he showed, are the things that can’t easily be taught: leadership, poise, athleticism. The things he needs work on are generally things that good coaching can correct. 

All that said, I also wouldn’t be upset about drafting Fields. I’ve already gone on record saying that I think he will ultimately be the best QB in this class (yes, better than Lawrence). If you have a shot at a guy like that at #6, then you take him. Don’t need to hand him the job day one without earning it, let him and Hurts battle it out in a fair QB competition and go with whoever proves to be the better player by opening day.