Justin Fields (THEE Ohio State QB) -- DRAFTED BY CHICAGO #11

Jenkins27

1 hour ago, Road to Victory said:

QB factory...

QB factory that doesn’t know how to draft QBs.

17 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Why was the topic changed? This was originally about  one of the Mannings thats in High School if I'm correct.

Not to mention there's already a topic on this player. Just scroll down a few threats.

As for Fields that you change the topic too. No Ohio State quarterback ever succeeds in the NFL. Do we really want to risk a high draft pick with that track record? Let a different team be the test dummy

This was the first Fields post. The other one came months later. Idk why it wasn’t merged. The Manning post is prolly lost in RnR and wasn’t by me unfortunately.

2 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

So, would that mean when Doug brings in Hurts to do the read option, then both Fields and Wentz would be lined up as WRs at the same time?😲

Absolutely yes! I mean why wouldn't he do that it would have such success... 🙄

5 hours ago, SBorBust said:

I’ve seen enough. Fields looks great in the biggest game of his life.

If Fields is on the board, then I’d draft Fields.

I would too FWIW. I'm sure that's not the direction the Eagles will go and I'm not even sure he'll be on the board but I do think he's got the potential to be special. 

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Absolutely yes! I mean why wouldn't he do that it would have such success... 🙄

Fields proved he’s still worthy of a top selection with his performance last night and that’s good news for the Eagles; 3 QB’s could go top 5! 

Assuming they’ll lose the game tomorrow (Mailata, Cox, Barnett, Sweat, Sanders out) and end up with the 6th overall pick, 4 of the 5 picks before we’re on the clock, will likely be spend on Lawrence, Fields, Wilson and Sewell and even if one of the QB’s is still on the board, we might get offered a King’s ransom to trade down. Here’s hoping the Eagles wind up with the 5th overall pick; either they fleece a QB needy team or flat-out take JaMarr Chase! Win-win...

But I’d be stunned if the Eagles take a QB with their top pick.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

But I’d be stunned if the Eagles take a QB with their top pick

I would too but man I'd love it if we could get Fields. 

23 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I would too but man I'd love it if we could get Fields. 

Only if we’re able to trade Wentz...

I believe Doug will stay and the Eagles will do every thing in their power to fix Wentz.

56 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

I believe Doug will stay and the Eagles will do every thing in their power to fix Wentz.

And I think you are probably right. But my god that's a mistake in my opinion. 

On 1/2/2021 at 12:45 AM, Ray75 said:

Agree with this.

With Wentz soon to be traded, we need to take a hard look at this kid. I like Hurts but he isn't a blue chip talent, this kid may be.

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

With Wentz soon to be traded, we need to take a hard look at this kid. I like Hurts but he isn't a blue chip talent, this kid may be.

We can look at him, but I doubt he's available when the Eagles pick. Jets could very well take him at 2. This isn't the year to trade up with all of our needs. If anything, a trade down can be justified in the right situation.

4 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

We can look at him, but I doubt he's available when the Eagles pick. Jets could very well take him at 2. This isn't the year to trade up with all of our needs. If anything, a trade down can be justified in the right situation.

Look at the eagles history of picks when they trade down. Not a good move, I don’t care how many needs we have. This will be a multi year plan

I am not sold that the Jets have given up on Darnold. They shouldn’t and I can see the Jets trading down. If Houston wins and we lose we are at #5. Moving from 5 to 2 is not ideal but must be considered.

if we trade Wentz, we should be able to get two 2nd rounders (1 for 2021 and 2022). Package #5 and 2021 2nd rounder and 2022 2nd rounder for #2. Based on draft pick values, that is realistic

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I guess the only question will be who is picking at #2.

Not only that, we have been hearing about Wilson from BYU getting more Hype.

Just now, philafan4o8 said:

Not only that, we have been hearing about Wilson from BYU getting more Hype.

Well true but I still think it'll be Lawrence the first QB off the board, Fields second but let's see. 

In all seriousness, does anyone actually believe the Eagles would even consider a QB with the first round pick?

Id have to say, if people do believe that, then common sense in this world has gone to crap.

• Like 1

Just now, DeathByEagle said:

In all seriousness, does anyone actually believe the Eagles would even consider a QB with the first round pick?

Id have to say, if people do believe that, then common sense in this world has gone to crap.

Ultimately no I don't think they'll go QB not at this point. With Doug returning I think they'll go with Wentz or Hurts and see how it plays out next year. 

But do I think they'll consider it? Yes I think if they aren't 100% in on turning Wentz around then they will consider it. I mean they have to don't they? They are going to have a high pick, presumably not something they plan to have very often so they have to consider it don't they? Consider doesn't mean they have to make the move. 

17 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ultimately no I don't think they'll go QB not at this point. With Doug returning I think they'll go with Wentz or Hurts and see how it plays out next year. 

But do I think they'll consider it? Yes I think if they aren't 100% in on turning Wentz around then they will consider it. I mean they have to don't they? They are going to have a high pick, presumably not something they plan to have very often so they have to consider it don't they? Consider doesn't mean they have to make the move. 

I still think Hurts could be really good. If by some miracle they can land Fields though, I’m taking him. 

If the Jets decide to try to salvage Darnold and pass on him... all we would have to worry about is the Falcons taking him to replace Ryan.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nipples said:

I still think Hurts could be really good. If by some miracle they can land Fields though, I’m taking him. 

If the Jets decide to try to salvage Darnold and pass on him... all we would have to worry about is the Falcons taking him to replace Ryan.

I believe if the jets decided to skip on Fields they will trade the pick. Or a team will trade up into top 5 for him. I don't think Fields falls to #6

6 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

I believe if the jets decided to skip on Fields they will trade the pick. Or a team will trade up into top 5 for him. I don't think Fields falls to #6

I dunno, if the Jets are sticking with Darnold they may take Sewell to protect him. 

I don’t think Fields falls to 6 either, I find it HIGHLY unlikely. But if it did, they’d be fools to pass on him. 

Hell, if the Jets did take Sewell, I’d be very tempted to try to trade up to 3 with Miami to jump in front of Atlanta for him. 

Just now, nipples said:

I dunno, if the Jets are sticking with Darnold they may take Sewell to protect him. 

I don’t think Fields falls to 6 either, I find it HIGHLY unlikely. But if it did, they’d be fools to pass on him. 

Hell, if the Jets did take Sewell, I’d be very tempted to try to trade up to 3 with Miami to jump in front of Atlanta for him. 

Completely agree. If the price is right, moving up to draft Fields should be in consideration. 

If Fields destroys Bama, he will need to be had at #2.

Just now, philafan4o8 said:

Completely agree. If the price is right, moving up to draft Fields should be in consideration. 

If Fields destroys Bama, he will need to be had at #2.

Trade Wentz to the Jets to swap picks? 😆