Siriani was right to not run much against Tampa

JP HOF

Actually you do need a run game against Tampa. It keeps Brady off the field. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Sirianni abandoning the run game was a straight up surrender to the Bucs.

hardly, it was an evolved choice.

Now the other weeks, I'll grant you, Siriani fell into the Andy Reid passing loop.  My point in this thread is that Run The Ball isn't a given way to approach the full variety of teams.

I do hope Sanders gets turned loose in future weeks.  He's on my fantasy team and i stopped playing him after week 1.

I agree they were never going to have a ton of success running against Tampa but you've still got to have a run game. It may not be wholly productive but you've got to do it to keep the defense honest and a little off balance. It isn't about striking a 60/40 split or whatever but its about just having a consistent run game. They don't have that and they haven't had that all year and that needs to be corrected. 

On 10/16/2021 at 4:34 PM, JP HOF said:

Folks are acting like those runs at the end are what would've happened if they tried them in the first half.  No way.  A running play against that team is almost a lost cause.  I preferred the way the Coach played it.

What I am not thrilled with though is these rumors that Hurts is a ballhog, that he takes pretty much every RP for himself, I hope that isn't true.

You really know nothing about the game of football do you? Id try to explain why but more then likely teaching you would be like teaching my wife, a waste of time. 

Not surprised really from your past posts. This one is just the final confirmation. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, JP HOF said:

we lost by 6 points to the World Champs. 

All that shows up in the standing is a Loss

On 10/16/2021 at 1:34 PM, JP HOF said:

Folks are acting like those runs at the end are what would've happened if they tried them in the first half.  No way.  A running play against that team is almost a lost cause.  I preferred the way the Coach played it.

False, you always run the ball to keep the defense honest.  If they have to think about it, they can not just 100% commit to rushing the passer.

23 hours ago, JP HOF said:

we lost by 6 points to the World Champs. 

Game was not as close as the score.  Tampa was already on the plane home when they went up 28-7

And this thread sucks like the rest of yours

11 hours ago, JP HOF said:

hardly, it was an evolved choice.

Now the other weeks, I'll grant you, Siriani fell into the Andy Reid passing loop.  My point in this thread is that Run The Ball isn't a given way to approach the full variety of teams.

I do hope Sanders gets turned loose in future weeks.  He's on my fantasy team and i stopped playing him after week 1.

"evolved"  

Ok, so if they're playing the worst run D in the league but one of the better passing D, you think it would be "evolved" to only pass 2 or 3 times the entire game but run the ball the whole game?  

• Like 1

I feel like the Eagles run a lot of RPOs. Which makes a lot of sense, because Hurts is fairly dangerous with the ball moving around. So I don't fault them for drawing up a lot of RPOs and adding them to the playsheet.

It seems to me that Sirianni has the mindset that RPOs count as run plays. Even if Hurts keeps the ball and attempts a pass, it'll be recorded as a pass on the stat sheet. But the coaching staff says it's a run.