Assassin’s Creed Franchise

Agent23

Next game will be Viking related. I’ve played at least 6 of the titles in full, but have not gone through the 4?? most recent titles. 

• Like 1

Love this series. I played but did not finish odyssey. Liking the setting of this one, definitely something bit different which is good.

51 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Love this series. I played but did not finish odyssey. Liking the setting of this one, definitely something bit different which is good.

Article said it should pre-date the original game in terms of calendar year. I didn’t play either O (odyssey/origins) but I feel like those both had to be B.C. timeframes?

59 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Article said it should pre-date the original game in terms of calendar year. I didn’t play either O (odyssey/origins) but I feel like those both had to be B.C. timeframes?

Odyssey was 431 B.C. per google. 

Vikings are cool but will there even be rooftops to run around on or things to climb or are there just going to be all huts everywhere? Obviously not but when I think of Vikings I dont think of large climbable structures in big cities.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Odyssey was 431 B.C. per google. 

Vikings are cool but will there even be rooftops to run around on or things to climb or are there just going to be all huts everywhere? Obviously not but when I think of Vikings I dont think of large climbable structures in big cities.

Unsure. Has the series used ships in any significant way since black flag? I don’t know if that game was great on its own or boosted to that level by being available on PS4 near launch, but that game was tremendous and if Vikings is their way to add 7ish years of technological and programmer/game designer advancements to naval battles that would be freaking sweet. 

I’ve slowed to 2 or 3 days gaming since beating FF7 remake and needing a breather after 60+ hours... horizon zero dawn was potentially my next title but with 4 AC games into backlog (that I can think of?) I’m wondering if I should go through those. In the past I did a bit of trophy hunting and option side missions... but maybe I just focus straight on the storyline progression in those to fast track my way through?

1 minute ago, Agent23 said:

Unsure. Has the series used ships in any significant way since black flag? I don’t know if that game was great on its own or boosted to that level by being available on PS4 near launch, but that game was tremendous and if Vikings is their way to add 7ish years of technological and programmer/game designer advancements to naval battles that would be freaking sweet. 

I’ve slowed to 2 or 3 days gaming since beating FF7 remake and needing a breather after 60+ hours... horizon zero dawn was potentially my next title but with 4 AC games into backlog (that I can think of?) I’m wondering if I should go through those. In the past I did a bit of trophy hunting and option side missions... but maybe I just focus straight on the storyline progression in those to fast track my way through?

Which 4 do you have? May be worth just wikipediaing the plot of one or two of them depending which.

3 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Which 4 do you have? May be worth just wikipediaing the plot of one or two of them depending which.

I haven't played the France, England, Egypt, and Greece ones yet. 

I wonder if this one will actually have anything to do with assassins, odyssey definitely didn't. Odyssey was really fun but had it not been called assassin's creed you would never know it was part of the franchise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, devpool said:

I wonder if this one will actually have anything to do with assassins, odyssey definitely didn't. Odyssey was really fun but had it not been called assassin's creed you would never know it was part of the franchise.

True, it was definitely a stretch. I love the series but it definitely peaked with Ezio and that storyline, I dont think it can regain that level of greatness.

3 hours ago, devpool said:

It has the famous hidden blade🤷‍♂️

Also the eagle lol

• Like 2

ODIN!!!!!

• 6 months later...
8 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I'm only interested in this one because of the Vikings theme. The yearly releases kind of kill it for me

Yeah, if this wasnt coming out at launch with not many other titles I probably wouldnt have bought it. Hope Im pleasantly surprised.

I’m about 12-15 hours into Valhalla. It’s definitely a fun game. But SUPER buggy. During the opening sequence in Norway, if my character was talking it only shows a floating bow. lol. I don’t think it’s as much of an assassins creed game as former ones, but that aspect of the game is better than it was in odyssey. Fall damage is definitely a thing until you get a certain perk, I’m only a couple skill points away from that perk so I don’t know how much it changes that. So far I’m really enjoying the main quest line, and ties to the brotherhood are more present. I haven’t seen the heavy mythology theme really present like in Odyssey either, but there’s been one thing that has me convinced Norse mythology will be very relevant. 

it’s definitely been the kinda game I have to force myself off of so I can finally go to sleep

• Like 4

Grinded out another 7 hour session on Valhalla today exclusively in England. Few more things I noted while playing. I spent the entire time just exploring, didn’t touch main quest at all. The side quests are way more entertaining, shorter, and there’s not too many of them to basically overwhelm you. I’ve really enjoyed them. craziest thing is I don’t think I’ve come across a single fetch quest yet. The locations are more unique and don’t feel so copy/paste like odyssey was extremely guilty for. Also, I take back what I said about the stealth part of the game. this might just be because my stealth difficulty setting is at the highest it can be, but so far it feels like this is less of a stealth game. Stealth is still present, but it’s more of a fighting game. I’m not an AC fanboy, so this doesn’t bother me. It’s a fun game & that’s all that matters to me. Of course it’s only been 3 days of playing so a lot of my opinions might change on it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I really don't like this game at all. It has absolutely zero direction and it's a complete grind. I got to a part where it pretty much forces you to a level 90 area and I am only at 53, despite having done every raid available for my level and as much of the "main quests" as I can. There are no real side quests to help you level up,, just random world events that give you little experience.

Raven is basically useless compared to past games. Doesn't mark enemies and doesn't actually find anything (everything is already marked on the map on the medium difficulty).

The "main quests" are so generic. "Build your settlement." "Kill order members" (killed all available at the moment). "Complete contracts".

The only bright side is there's actually a legitimate connection to the assassins unlike the last 2 games.

On 12/7/2020 at 12:23 AM, devpool said:

I really don't like this game at all. It has absolutely zero direction and it's a complete grind. I got to a part where it pretty much forces you to a level 90 area and I am only at 53, despite having done every raid available for my level and as much of the "main quests" as I can. There are no real side quests to help you level up,, just random world events that give you little experience.

Raven is basically useless compared to past games. Doesn't mark enemies and doesn't actually find anything (everything is already marked on the map on the medium difficulty).

The "main quests" are so generic. "Build your settlement." "Kill order members" (killed all available at the moment). "Complete contracts".

The only bright side is there's actually a legitimate connection to the assassins unlike the last 2 games.

I agree & disagree with some of this here. If you think this is a grind, can’t imagine your thoughts on Odyssey lol.

I don’t know why you’re at 53 and it’s forcing you to go to a lvl 90 area, you must of ignored a lot of the Wealth/mysteries/artifacts which is what helps you level up. I haven’t had that problem yet, but I’m also going for the completion trophy so I try to finish everything in each region before I move to the next. 
The world events are hit and miss. I’ve come across some that are great, hilarious, tragic etc & some that are pretty dumb. 

the raven is useless. I’ve only used it twice when I’ve struggled to find someone I’m supposed to. But to mark enemies you have to use Odins sight & they’ll glow red for you. 

I think the main quest is fun, each region has its own unique little story and sequence of events. The generic part is yeah you’re doing it to just build an alliance with your settlement & you’ll end up storming a castle/big fort. 

im still enjoying the game a lot. I’m at 90 hours now, & am about 70% done with England map. I just got to the Vinland map, still have to finish Norway map & Asgard as well. I don’t anticipate being done with this game until Christmas at least.

The order of the ancients on this game is weird though compared to odyssey. I remember if I was tracking a member of the cult of Kosmos, they’re normally well guarded. I spent a couple hours other day taking out members of the order, none of them had a guard. All by themselves. Was stupid easy to assassinate them. So I was pretty bummed there wasnt much of a challenge there

44 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I agree & disagree with some of this here. If you think this is a grind, can’t imagine your thoughts on Odyssey lol.

I don’t know why you’re at 53 and it’s forcing you to go to a lvl 90 area, you must of ignored a lot of the Wealth/mysteries/artifacts which is what helps you level up. I haven’t had that problem yet, but I’m also going for the completion trophy so I try to finish everything in each region before I move to the next. 
The world events are hit and miss. I’ve come across some that are great, hilarious, tragic etc & some that are pretty dumb. 

the raven is useless. I’ve only used it twice when I’ve struggled to find someone I’m supposed to. But to mark enemies you have to use Odins sight & they’ll glow red for you. 

I think the main quest is fun, each region has its own unique little story and sequence of events. The generic part is yeah you’re doing it to just build an alliance with your settlement & you’ll end up storming a castle/big fort. 

im still enjoying the game a lot. I’m at 90 hours now, & am about 70% done with England map. I just got to the Vinland map, still have to finish Norway map & Asgard as well. I don’t anticipate being done with this game until Christmas at least.

Odyssey was a grind, and so is this one. The fact you have to do all those mysteries and artifacts, that I have no interest in doing, to level up reinforces that. If you just play the story it will force you to asgard at a much lower level than you need to be. 

I have other games I want to play, I don't want to spend 100 hours doing stupid mysteries and finding artifacts just to get to a level where I can actually play the story. I might end up just dropping this one for a while if it continues 

3 minutes ago, devpool said:

Odyssey was a grind, and so is this one. The fact you have to do all those mysteries and artifacts, that I have no interest in doing, to level up reinforces that. If you just play the story it will force you to asgard at a much lower level than you need to be. 

I have other games I want to play, I don't want to spend 100 hours doing stupid mysteries and finding artifacts just to get to a level where I can actually play the story. I might end up just dropping this one for a while if it continues 

The mysteries aren’t all stupid, they’re entertaining & most only take a couple minutes to finish. You don’t have to do all of them, but doing a good amount will help you level up quicker because they give you 2 skill points automatically upon completion. 

You might as well just quit now, because most of your complaints aren’t going to change I can tell you that. 

On 12/13/2020 at 2:08 PM, Dwide Schrude said:

The mysteries aren’t all stupid, they’re entertaining & most only take a couple minutes to finish. You don’t have to do all of them, but doing a good amount will help you level up quicker because they give you 2 skill points automatically upon completion. 

You might as well just quit now, because most of your complaints aren’t going to change I can tell you that. 

The fact they're apparently an integral part of leveling up is the problem. Game had potential, they need to stop making these games so often and actually make one worth playing.

So obsessed with being this huge open world that they just overload it with treasures and mysteries to make it seem like you're doing something 

1 hour ago, devpool said:

The fact they're apparently an integral part of leveling up is the problem. Game had potential, they need to stop making these games so often and actually make one worth playing.

So obsessed with being this huge open world that they just overload it with treasures and mysteries to make it seem like you're doing something 

I see what you’re saying & I understand why you don’t enjoy that. I personally enjoy them (for most part), and don’t mind doing them to level up. So it’s just a to each their own kinda thing. It has been 2 years since their last release so it’s not like this was super rushed or a yearly release, but fair enough that they could of put more time into it. 

• Like 1