The first part about being smart is knowing what to do.

RememberTheKoy

When will Nick Sirianni finally get around to being able to accomplish that first thing about being smart?

Are we at the point where it is now clear that his introductory press conference, and really anytime he has talked since, was not a mirage? He is dangerously clueless and unprepared for his position.  He is so lost and out of his depth that wasting years on him to "develop" as a HC would be a terrible fate for the fans.  

• Haha 1

He should be fired by years end. I just can’t see Lurie dealing with this another season.

Conspiracy theories about meddling aside, this is something else. Even the Jets and Jags look more functional in the years they tank.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Makilavelli said:

Conspiracy theories about meddling aside, this is something else. Even the Jets and Jags look more functional in the years they tank.

How is it conspiracy theories when we know it was happening with Doug? 

The Eagles need:

(1) a new owner

(2) a new GM

(3) a new QB

(4) a new head coach

(5) everything else

We are looking at a many year rebuild.  The talent on the roster is awful and there is no QB.

I think the thing is... We all expected rookie mistakes from Sirianni. You have to expect that from any rookie HC.

My concern is that he's really showing nothing at all. Dumb schemes, dumb play calling, a team that lacks discipline and shoots itself in the foot, an uninspiring offense and a defense that's really not being held to account. 

He's showing nothing. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Give him a shot with Minshew

Yeah for sure man.  That'll make him not accept a holding penalty after the defense forced a 4th down.  That'll make him not try an onside kick coming out of half.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Godfather said:

Hurts sucks

What the rabid Hurts hating crowd can't seem to come to terms with is that it isn't only Hurts that sucks but this HC is really bad as well.  

28 minutes ago, downundermike said:

sure...why not, let's watch the mental gymnastics ensue when the Minshew Munchers finally get their wish 

• Like 2

Nick will get around to it the same time you do. 

We might be waiting a while. 

38 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I'm down, but if he continues to suck, can we all agree he should be 1 and done.

Stop with the qb this & chitchat, Eagles brass should do all in their mighty power to get Pitt’s Kenny Pickett.  Already have a nickname for him: "Philly Phickett”!!!!! 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think the thing is... We all expected rookie mistakes from Sirianni. You have to expect that from any rookie HC.

My concern is that he's really showing nothing at all. Dumb schemes, dumb play calling, a team that lacks discipline and shoots itself in the foot, an uninspiring offense and a defense that's really not being held to account. 

He's showing nothing. 

Yeah, he’s not learning from his mistakes. Every week it’s the same thing; no running game, stupid bubble screens, no discipline, etc. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CalgarEAGLES said:

Stop with the qb this & chitchat, Eagles brass should do all in their mighty power to get Pitt’s Kenny Pickett.  Already have a nickname for him: "Philly Phickett”!!!!! 

Not a marketing major I take it?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, 97is said:

Siriani is irrelevant. Roseman is responsible for this and the crap show will continue until he's gone

Any rebuild needs to start with Howie out the door. Bad drafting, cap management, an untalented and ageing roster is all his doing.

I said it last year, I didn’t care if Doug stayed or went but replacing him and keeping Howie would achieve nothing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

Yeah, he’s not learning from his mistakes. Every week it’s the same thing; no running game, stupid bubble screens, no discipline, etc. 

Agreed. He's not cut out for being a HC based on what we've seen so far. Now maybe he turns that around but he's not shown anything yet that makes me think he can. 

2 hours ago, kiwieagle said:

Any rebuild needs to start with Howie out the door. Bad drafting, cap management, an untalented and ageing roster is all his doing.

I said it last year, I didn’t care if Doug stayed or went but replacing him and keeping Howie would achieve nothing.

Why don't you fire the owner while you are at it. LOL. As the long as the owner meddles in football,...it does not matter who is his bagman. The circus has left the VIP booths, but the clowns are still there.

10 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

What the rabid Hurts hating crowd can't seem to come to terms with is that it isn't only Hurts that sucks but this HC is really bad as well.  

The offense wouldn't look half has bad if that piece of trash wasn't under center 

I have a hard time being too judgmental on Sirianni, because he is saddled with Jalen Hurts and Howie.   He may ultimately be an issue, but I am not sure how you tell how much is on him and how much is on the dysfunctional environment that he is in. I just can't imagine that this entire staff has forgotten how to coach and scheme, but I can clearly see that there isn't much talent on the roster and I know Howie is a piece of work.

For now, I vote for seeing a real QB, whether that is Minshew or Flacco.  Both of those guys know how to use their progressions and read defenses. 

11 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I have a hard time being too judgmental on Sirianni, because he is saddled with Jalen Hurts and Howie.   He may ultimately be an issue, but I am not sure how you tell how much is on him and how much is on the dysfunctional environment that he is in. I just can't imagine that this entire staff has forgotten how to coach and scheme, but I can clearly see that there isn't much talent on the roster and I know Howie is a piece of work.

For now, I vote for seeing a real QB, whether that is Minshew or Flacco.  Both of those guys know how to use their progressions and read defenses. 

I would agree with you if it wasn’t for the dumbfounding decisions. Like accepting a penalty to give the Raiders another 3rd down instead of it being 4th. 

• Like 3