The first part about being smart is knowing what to do.

RememberTheKoy

11 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I like Minshew.  Unfortunately for him and the fans he will have to deal with an absolutely clueless HC that will be setting him up to fail.  

He will find those open receivers on 2nd and 3rd read and in the middle and left side of the field.

Just now, downundermike said:

He will find those open receivers on 2nd and 3rd read and in the middle and left side of the field.

He will fail just like any other QB will because we have one of the worst HCs in the league that has no idea what he is doing and does not believe in using the run game.  

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He will fail just like any other QB will because we have one of the worst HCs in the league that has no idea what he is doing and does not believe in using the run game.  

Receivers are open, see it every week in the all 22.  Minshew will stay in the pocket and has the arm to get it to them.  

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

I do want to see us continue to play Hurts, to see if he can take his lumps, learn from his mistakes, and become a QB worthy of being a starter (not by default because there aren’t any other options).  But it would be interesting to see if the offense would function better if Minshew was leading it.  

Just now, downundermike said:

Receivers are open, see it every week in the all 22.  Minshew will stay in the pocket and has the arm to get it to them.  

Receivers will get open on almost any play in the NFL.   Operating an offense that neglects to run the ball is setting your QB up to fail.  When defenses don't have to worry about defending the run they can pin back their ears and just rush the QB every snap and disregard any play action that might be attempted.  Then beyond that there are just the incredibly stupid decisions that Sirianni makes separate from all of that.  You're such a pathetic little weasel with your Hurts hate that you're incapable of throwing any criticism towards Sirianni.

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Receivers will get open on almost any play in the NFL.   Operating an offense that neglects to run the ball is setting your QB up to fail.  When defenses don't have to worry about defending the run they can pin back their ears and just rush the QB every snap and disregard any play action that might be attempted.  Then beyond that there are just the incredibly stupid decisions that Sirianni makes separate from all of that.  You're such a pathetic little weasel with your Hurts hate that you're incapable of throwing any criticism towards Sirianni.

Jalen Hurts had the longest time to pass in the NFL this past weekend.  You are pushing this narrative because you know Minshew will look light years better and bury the guy you have been touting all off season.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Jalen Hurts had the longest time to pass in the NFL this past weekend.  You are pushing this narrative because you know Minshew will look light years better and bury the guy you have been touting all off season.

Jalen Hurts clearly isn't going to be the answer at QB.  He has been regressing as the season has gone on and is not looking good.  I have no issue admitting that.

Why are you so incapable of criticizing Sirianni?  He is clearly incompetent.  There is no aspect of any of his coaching that he does well or shows any sort of promise.  Nothing.  

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Jalen Hurts clearly isn't going to be the answer at QB.  He has been regressing as the season has gone on and is not looking good.  I have no issue admitting that.

Why are you so incapable of criticizing Sirianni?  He is clearly incompetent.  There is no aspect of any of his coaching that he does well or shows any sort of promise.  Nothing.  

Sirianni is doing what he is told by Lurie, Howie, and the analytics playbook.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Sirianni is doing what he is told by Lurie, Howie, and the analytics playbook.

That doesn't excuse him.  That doesn't excuse his brain dead decisions in games.  That doesn't excuse his lack of holding people accountable.  That doesn't excuse his completely lack of any sort of flow or feel to his play calling.   Doug was being told the same things by Lurie and Howie and he was never as incompetent as Sirianni has been, as clueless, as lacking any signs at all of knowing what he is doing.  

• Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 5:57 PM, RememberTheKoy said:

When will Nick Sirianni finally get around to being able to accomplish that first thing about being smart?

Are we at the point where it is now clear that his introductory press conference, and really anytime he has talked since, was not a mirage? He is dangerously clueless and unprepared for his position.  He is so lost and out of his depth that wasting years on him to "develop" as a HC would be a terrible fate for the fans.  

Seriously. You don't "develop" NFL coaches, you develop NFL players. Siri isn't an NFL head coach. Lurie/Howie failure. Next.

I've given Hurts a chance. the analytics don't look good and even Aikman says he doesn't see the field.

The only quarterback I know who could make a Buffon of a coach look good in Philly was Nick Foles. He’s the only guy in Philly who has proven he can do it. Chip Kelly has a losing record in the NFL with every quarterback not named Foles, and everyone says Doug is a dope, but Foles won a Super Bowl with him. He’s the only quarterback capable of making Sirianni into a semi legitimate head coach. 

• Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 5:57 PM, RememberTheKoy said:

When will Nick Sirianni finally get around to being able to accomplish that first thing about being smart?

Are we at the point where it is now clear that his introductory press conference, and really anytime he has talked since, was not a mirage? He is dangerously clueless and unprepared for his position.  He is so lost and out of his depth that wasting years on him to "develop" as a HC would be a terrible fate for the fans.  

After his flower planting rant it definitely wasn't a mirage, we can forget about him getting around to being smart, it's not gonna happen, he is what he is.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

After his flower planting rant it definitely wasn't a mirage, we can forget about him getting around to being smart, it's not gonna happen, he is what he is.

Worst part is he can't help himself.  He is so far out of his depth he has no chance.  He would be much more successful and happy if he were coaching some HS team or low division college team.  And not even coaching but maybe just being the OC of.  I think that's all he really wants to do is to be able to call football plays as incoherently as he wants to.  

Hurts NEVER should have been the starter......he was raw when he was drafted, played a few games last year with poor passing results and never should have been the starter with a rookie head coach and a new offense.  Sirianni compounded the problem by making Hurts throw the ball waaaay too much and not utilizing the running backs.

The results this year are not on Hurts......he's in danger of having his career ruined by a franchise and a head coach who are acting like the old cleveland browns.

I didn't think much of Flacco, but it would have been a great learning chance for Hurts to sit and watch.  But if they bench him now, they might as well trade him, as his career here is over.

The eagles, despite what they say, are still in a state of flux......Sirianni may not get another season, coaching candidates don't want to come here with the toxic environment Roseman created, Hurts is struggling and the team has not improved as the season has gone on.

Roseman has a sh-- load of pick in the draft, but he'll either trade then for an aging vet, trade down for more picks or move up for another rookie QB to ruin.  All while the defense needs a huge talent injection....again.

Until Lurie recognizes that he won't see the super bowl podium again until he changes the atmosphere here, we're doomed to watch the eagles truly be the old cleveland browns who constantly change coaches and go thru QBs like sh-- thru a goose.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

Hurts NEVER should have been the starter......he was raw when he was drafted, played a few games last year with poor passing results and never should have been the starter with a rookie head coach and a new offense.  Sirianni compounded the problem by making Hurts throw the ball waaaay too much and utilizing the running backs.

The results this year are not on Hurts......he's in danger of having his career ruined by a franchise and a head coach who are acting like the old cleveland browns.

I didn't think much of Flacco, but it would have been a great learning chance for Hurts to sit and watch.  But if they bench him now, they might as well trade him, as his career here is over.

The eagles, despite what they say, are still in a state of flux......Sirianni may not get another season, coaching candidates don't want to come here with the toxic environment Roseman created, Hurts is struggling and the team has not improved as the season has gone on.

Roseman has a sh-- load of pick in the draft, but he'll either trade then for an aging vet, trade down for more picks or move up for another rookie QB to ruin.  All while the defense needs a huge talent injection....again.

Until Lurie recognizes that he won't see the super bowl podium again until he changes the atmosphere here, we're doomed to watch the eagles truly be the old cleveland browns who constantly change coaches and go thru QBs like sh-- thru a goose.

this is what i fear

• Like 1

Just reminiscing about the preseason and how all of those commentators were saying the Eagles were being purposely vanilla, because they didn’t want to show their offense and defense . Turns out the Eagles were basically showing us their entire offense and defense. If you really think about it those preseason games were playing out just like the regular season has. 

When Doug took over I was sceptical, and although year 1 wasn’t great, there were signs that the team was going in the right direction. They were close. I also just simply liked that team.

sirianni hasn’t shown any glimpses of light at the end of this tunnel. Some of the play designs are ok I guess, but everything else feels messy. I’m also simply struggling to like this team, which feels like a bad omen. It’s clear that he’s a terrible communicator from his conferences. That’s a very, very important trait for a hc in my opinion and he simply doesn’t have it.