Weekly line thread: Eagles -3.5 at Lions

Hawkeye

On 10/26/2021 at 8:20 AM, ManchesterEagle said:

3) I want to see Hurts get into a rhythm, be given more time in the pocket and deliver some accurate passes.

Sadly, none of these 3 things will most likely happen.  😓

How was Jordan Howard on the Eagles PS all this time? Both Scott and Howard looked better than Gainwell today. 

On 10/26/2021 at 3:57 PM, LacesOut said:

Lions should get their 1st win of the season. 

Like I said, take the Iggles with the points. 

🙃:Eagle_smiley:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

How was Jordan Howard on the Eagles PS all this time? Both Scott and Howard looked better than Gainwell today. 

We actually had a very good RB group in training camp. The problem is, we just haven't been using them. Gainwell has actually been pretty good overall as a rookie so far this year. He gives us the best option as a receiver. There's no reason to knock him. Howard played well today. He's far from being "washed up." I've always been happy with Scott as a backup.

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

We actually had a very good RB group in training camp. The problem is, we just haven't been using them. Gainwell has actually been pretty good overall as a rookie so far this year. He gives us the best option as a receiver. There's no reason to knock him. Howard played well today. He's far from being "washed up." I've always been happy with Scott as a backup.

Overall I think Gainwell is a better receiver than actual back. I think Scott is a better runner than he get credit too. I don’t think Gainwell was a better option in the backfield than those two, but they weren’t getting opportunities. Heck none of the backs were getting enough opportunities in particular with running the back. How must Sanders feel right now? They finally start pounding the rock once he’s out of the picture.

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Overall I think Gainwell is a better receiver than actual back. I think Scott is a better runner than he get credit too. I don’t think Gainwell was a better option in the backfield than those two, but they weren’t getting opportunities. Heck none of the backs were getting enough opportunities in particular with running the back. How must Sanders feel right now? They finally start pounding the rock once he’s out of the picture.

I don't think Sanders can 'pound the rock', he's not a 20 carries between the tackles guy and every time we've tried to use him like that he's broken down, 1st year he had to go on a pitch count, second year he missed games. even this year the first game he gets a normal workload he sprains an ankle.  It's nobody's fault and he's a decent runner when he's healthy but he's got 3 games over a hundred yards in two and a half years because he can't sustain 200 - 250 touches a season, for me the only way Sanders has a long career is as the change of pace receiving guy in a Nick Chubb / Kareem Hunt style pair.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I don't think Sanders can 'pound the rock', he's not a 20 carries between the tackles guy and every time we've tried to use him like that he's broken down, 1st year he had to go on a pitch count, second year he missed games. even this year the first game he gets a normal workload he sprains an ankle.  It's nobody's fault and he's a decent runner when he's healthy but he's got 3 games over a hundred yards in two and a half years because he can't sustain 200 - 250 touches a season, for me the only way Sanders has a long career is as the change of pace receiving guy in a Nick Chubb / Kareem Hunt style pair.

There are other problems with Sanders too. Even in TC it showed itself as he has fumble issues. He also isn’t the best receiver out of the backfield either. Even with all of that they still should’ve run the ball more. 

8 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

There are other problems with Sanders too. Even in TC it showed itself as he has fumble issues. He also isn’t the best receiver out of the backfield either. Even with all of that they still should’ve run the ball more. 

He had a fumbling issue in college, and nothing has changed.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He had a fumbling issue in college, and nothing has changed.

Since he’s been here the fumbling has shown up too. I don’t think they will be bringing him back. 

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Since he’s been here the fumbling has shown up too. I don’t think they will be bringing him back. 

He's been fairly productive when used correctly, averaging almost 5 yards per carry.  Plus, he has another year on his rookie deal so he'll be back for at least another season.  

1 minute ago, Hawkeye said:

He's been fairly productive when used correctly, averaging almost 5 yards per carry.  Plus, he has another year on his rookie deal so he'll be back for at least another season.  

Unless they move him. In training camp there were reports he was falling out of favor. During the season he wasn’t used much and when they finally started to be used he got hurt. I’m not convinced he’s an Eagle in 2022. He’s probably one of the easiest to move assets unlike someone like Fletcher Cox. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Unless they move him. In training camp there were reports he was falling out of favor. During the season he wasn’t used much and when they finally started to be used he got hurt. I’m not convinced he’s an Eagle in 2022. He’s probably one of the easiest to move assets unlike someone like Fletcher Cox. 

Yeah but it's tough to move a guy at the deadline when he's on IR and the deadline is in 23 hours. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye said:

Yeah but it's tough to move a guy at the deadline when he's on IR and the deadline is in 23 hours. 

I’m thinking more along the lines of the draft bud. 

36 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m thinking more along the lines of the draft bud. 

Ah. Got it. I recently read he might be one of the assets the Eagles would look to move at the upcoming trade deadline along with Dillard and maybe Cox but that presumably went out the window when he went down.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Ah. Got it. I recently read he might be one of the assets the Eagles would look to move at the upcoming trade deadline along with Dillard and maybe Cox but that presumably went out the window when he went down.  

Once he went to IR that was pretty much out I thought, but it just feels like they want to phase him out at some point anyways. I know the like Gainwell especially as a receiver out of the backfield so it just seems like it’s only a matter of time now. Feels like the Eagles are somewhat misusing Sanders, but I wonder how much the really trust him with the football.