GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ Detroit Lions, 10-31-21 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't disagree but what does beating the Lions and the Jets and the Falcons really tell us? Ok we haven't played the Jets yet but let's say we handle them... Does that actually teach us anything really?

Wrong Question.

It doesn't matter what it teaches us, it matters what it teaches them.

Anyone notice that Singleton didn't play much? I saw him out on nickel downs, but that was it. He didn't record a tackle the entire game. I read that Wilson was a healthy scratch.

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Not really no. Depends on the situation. Depends on the roster. Depends on a lot of things actually. 

Reminds me of the old joke about the guy asked if he wears boxers or briefs, and he answered, "Depends." 

Still, it's shameful. Winners want to win. Ask a loser if he wants to win, and he says, "Depends." 

Turned off the game after a while because we were way ahead and had other stuff to do.  Did the Stache do anything of note?  Someone said he played towards the end.

1 hour ago, Miami said:

Turned off the game after a while because we were way ahead and had other stuff to do.  Did the Stache do anything of note?  Someone said he played towards the end.

They didn’t ask him to do much. His first pass was a short safe throw. Most of his time he handed off. I don’t recall any pass attempts after his first. Not saying he didn’t, but nothing memorable. 

21 hours ago, wyote said:

Maybe so but you can't say it would've worked just because it works against the Lions. 

I know I am shocked.  The 3rd worst rushing defense in the NFL got ran all over.  I mean, Elijah Mitchell, Alexander Mattison, David Montgomery have had 100 yard games against them.

The friggin Rams are about to get Avon Miller. How do the constantly have the money to keep accumulating contracts like they do?

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

The friggin Rams are about to get Avon Miller. How do the constantly have the money to keep accumulating contracts like they do?

One thing I just read, is Denver is paying $9 Million of his $9.7 Million salary. 

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't disagree but what does beating the Lions and the Jets and the Falcons really tell us? Ok we haven't played the Jets yet but let's say we handle them... Does that actually teach us anything really?

Tell us we aren’t a bad team - at least not their level. Doesn’t mean we are a good team either.

But the rest of the schedule is literally filled with more teams who are like the Falcons, Panthers and Lions rather than Chiefs, Buccs, Cowboys etc

5 hours ago, wyote said:

Reminds me of the old joke about the guy asked if he wears boxers or briefs, and he answered, "Depends." 

Still, it's shameful. Winners want to win. Ask a loser if he wants to win, and he says, "Depends." 

Football isn't that black and white though. Losing gets us a step closer to Howie being fired and that is the key to this franchise moving forwards. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Football isn't that black and white though. Losing gets us a step closer to Howie being fired and that is the key to this franchise moving forwards. 

You don't know what would get Howie fired or not, or whether the next guy will be better. That's just an excuse. 

21 minutes ago, kiwieagle said:

Tell us we aren’t a bad team - at least not their level. Doesn’t mean we are a good team either.

Sure it tells us we aren't the worst team in the league. Big big step from there to where we want to get to though bud. 

5 minutes ago, wyote said:

You don't know what would get Howie fired or not, or whether the next guy will be better. That's just an excuse. 

You're absolutely right. But guess what? You don't know what is doing on within the organisation either. But this is a forum where fans discuss topics and discuss the team. We don't know what's going to happen but we talk about it. If you don't want to do that then do us all a favour. 

14 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You're absolutely right. But guess what? You don't know what is doing on within the organisation either. But this is a forum where fans discuss topics and discuss the team. We don't know what's going to happen but we talk about it. If you don't want to do that then do us all a favour. 

What are you talking about? I'm doing the same thing you're doing, but with testosterone. 

8 hours ago, PhillyPhreak24 said:

Anyone notice that Singleton didn't play much? I saw him out on nickel downs, but that was it. He didn't record a tackle the entire game. I read that Wilson was a healthy scratch.

Yeah. TJ edwards seems to play most of the snaps , thought he had a good game 

11 hours ago, PhillyPhreak24 said:

I saw him fall down on a blitz. At first glance I thought he was a safety he looks so small. His pressure did lead to a sack I think for Barnett though. 

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Sure it tells us we aren't the worst team in the league. Big big step from there to where we want to get to though bud. 

I agree.

Issue is there aren't really many teams left on our schedule who will tell us if we are good or not. I suppose if we beat Chargers, that's impressive. But other than all we will find out if we can consistently beat bad teams or not. Are the Jets, Giants x 2, Redskins x 2, Broncos any better than Panthers or Falcons? Can the Saints really be a good team and sustain being decent with Siemian as their QB? 

4 hours ago, rrfierce said:

And Davion. Edwards has taken over for Wilson and Taylor for a lot of Singleton's snaps

5 hours ago, rrfierce said:

TJ is a much better linebacker.  I loved him at Wisconsin, so instinctual and a play maker.  He just isn't a great athlete but I think the are realizing that being able to PLAY LB is more important that being a better athlete.

On 10/31/2021 at 4:15 PM, opa-opa said:

Nice win. But it's inevitable we will go back to not running the ball again next week.

Like I said before it's all part of the plan. 

And that plan is?

Archived