Sanders to IR - out at least 3 weeks

Hawkeye

2 hours ago, Big___Al said:

OK, I know this is common, but I have a problem with it:

"The #Eagles are placing RB Miles Sanders (ankle) on Injured Reserve, source said. Out 3 games, but should be back soon upon eligibility."

What does it mean, "ankle??" He lost an ankle... broke an ankle... twisted an ankle... suffered a snake bite on his ankle???

How 'bout a little more info?

I read that in Jerry Seinfeld's voice.

"Have you seen this? Ankle. In parentheses. That's it. What happened to the ankle? Did he break it? Sprain it? Did he...LOSE the ankle? 

(as Sanders) 'I had the ankle when I left the house, I can't seem to find it.'

What HAPPENED to the ankle?!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

"Have you seen this? Ankle. In parentheses. That's it. What happened to the ankle? Did he break it? Sprain it? Did he...LOSE the ankle? 

I think they are putting his ankle on injured reserve

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, NOTW said:

Pretty funny, man! I love Seinfeld, but hadn't thought of it that way. Good take.

3 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

doesnt matter, they dont use him anyway

Sanders is like your Johnson, never sees any action.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It doesnt really matter because this happens every year with him. 

Honestly, I wouldnt resign him. Trade him in the off season for a mid round pick if you have a buyer. If he wants to stay, he better be on a bargain deal.

54 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Honestly, I wouldnt resign him. Trade him in the off season for a mid round pick if you have a buyer. If he wants to stay, he better be on a bargain deal.

Yeah agreed. I think next year is a contract year for him right? So I'd trade him for a mid round pick. 

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

Sanders is like your Johnson, never sees any action.

I havent heard that one since top gun, gotta admit that made me laugh

I like Jordan Howard for the type of runner he is......hard nosed, breaks tackles and seems to always fall forward.

Versatility isn't necessary for every back on the roster.  I don't care how versatile a back is if he can't get those tough short yards.  Those short yardage and goal line situations can change a game if you have a back that can power out 2-3 yards.  It may not equate to fancy fantasy numbers, but the eagles conversion rate on 3rd and 4th down simply stinks.

Howard has some gas left in the tank.....he's only 26 with limited touches the last 2 years......he's not going to solve the Sirianni problem, but if they give him his touches, he will be effective.

• Like 2

We should trade Sanders along with JJAW. Both injury prone and underperformers when healthy.

Scott and Gainwell should be our mainstays. With Howard as long as he's healthy.

Or if we want an insanely great running game grab Kenny Walker III in the first round.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice game by the backs today. Hopefully the coaches keep it going and the owner doesn’t meddle.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Nice game by the backs today. Hopefully the coaches keep it going and the owner doesn’t meddle.

You can see it now can't you... Lurie getting after Sirianni for running the ball so much in a 44-6 road win. Just like apparently he wasn't impressed with Doug when they ran the ball to beat was it Green Bay or Buffalo a couple of years ago?

If I was Sirianni at this point I'd do what I thought was right. If it gets results then you have that on your side. If it doesn't... Well the way things were going you may well get fired anyway. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Scott and Howard did just fine in his absence.

They did. Now let's see what they do against a competent defense.

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You can see it now can't you... Lurie getting after Sirianni for running the ball so much in a 44-6 road win. Just like apparently he wasn't impressed with Doug when they ran the ball to beat was it Green Bay or Buffalo a couple of years ago?

If I was Sirianni at this point I'd do what I thought was right. If it gets results then you have that on your side. If it doesn't... Well the way things were going you may well get fired anyway. 

If running the ball leads to more wins what can Lurie do about it? Fire the coach??? I’d tell him if you want me to throw 98% of the time then get me the next Tom Brady to do it, and not a guy who’s legs are better than his arms right now. Maybe this is why the Eagles went away from the big backs. The FO took them away in hopes to run the ball less. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

If running the ball leads to more wins what can Lurie do about it? Fire the coach??? I’d tell him if you want me to throw 98% of the time then get me the next Tom Brady to do it, and not a guy who’s legs are better than his arms right now. Maybe this is why the Eagles went away from the big backs. The FO took them away in hopes to run the ball less. 

Yeah that's my point bud. I'd do what I felt was right to win games. If that meant going against my bosses but it brought more wins then what can they do? And if it doesn't bring more wins well he was headed for unemployment anyway the way things were going. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah that's my point bud. I'd do what I felt was right to win games. If that meant going against my bosses but it brought more wins then what can they do? And if it doesn't bring more wins well he was headed for unemployment anyway the way things were going. 

Exactly. Nothing Sirianni is doing right now will guarantee him a job if he’s fired so might as well do whatever it takes to win.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 9:10 AM, eglz1 said:

They did. Now let's see what they do against a competent defense.

Chargers are giving up 159 rushing yds./gm.

7 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Chargers are giving up 159 rushing yds./gm.

Hopefully the Eagles don't suddenly think they're a rushing team and over rely on it for this game. Not when your QB was your leading rusher last game.

And, I just looked it up to be sure, Hurts is their leading rusher on the season by a good margin. I think it is long overdue for the NFL to update their QBR methods to include rushing stats, considering today's style of play, and I also want them to somehow give credit to all involved in two point conversions.