WR Injuries

Hawkeye

Anybody hear anything about Reagor or JJ  A-W?  If they're both out vs. L.A. I guess Hightower will be promoted from the practice squad.  

38 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Anybody hear anything about Reagor or JJ  A-W?  If they're both out vs. L.A. I guess Hightower will be promoted from the practice squad.  

Apparently Reagor's not too bad. May be able to go against Chargers. Not heard anything on JJAW. Suspect Hightower will be elevated.

55 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Apparently Reagor's not too bad. May be able to go against Chargers. Not heard anything on JJAW. Suspect Hightower will be elevated.

Shocked Reagor isn’t that bad. Ankles are always tricky and he basically got carted off the bench. If both guys are down I suspect another heavy dose of the run game. The Charges will be pretty angry after their last loss too. 

If the plan is to run 50 times and pass 15, then JJAW's potential absence might be meaningful since he's a good blocker. But if we plan to use the passing game at least half the time, then I doubt anyone will really care. Besides, Stoll did a lot of blocking Sunday and did a very nice job. I don't expect we'll miss a receiver that never gets targeted. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, brkmsn said:

If the plan is to run 50 times and pass 15, then JJAW's potential absence might be meaningful since he's a good blocker. But if we plan to use the passing game at least half the time, then I doubt anyone will really care. Besides, Stoll did a lot of blocking Sunday and did a very nice job. I don't expect we'll miss a receiver that never gets targeted. 

But they do more than catch passes.  They block, play special teams and so on.  If both guys are out the Eagles would be down to Smith, Watkins and Ward and they usually activate 5 WRs.  I'm guessing they'd activate Hightower and maybe KeeSean Johnson from the PS but who knows?

7 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

But they do more than catch passes.  They block, play special teams and so on.  If both guys are out the Eagles would be down to Smith, Watkins and Ward and they usually activate 5 WRs.  I'm guessing they'd activate Hightower and maybe KeeSean Johnson from the PS but who knows?

If they need guys that play ST and can block, we have Stoll and Rodgers at TE. If Reagor can't go, or at least dress, then I'm sure they will call on Hightower to have depth at WR for the next game. 

I appreciate that JJAW does what these coaches are asking him to do, but the fact is, our blocking for ball-carriers was not an issue Sunday after JJAW left the game. I can't say I was happy about our kickoff coverage team in that game, but I can't say whether or not JJAW's absence contributed to that.

12 hours ago, MagicMoment said:

Who gives a F about JJAW’s status?

I'll go with any knowledgeable Eagles fan.  He's one of only 5 WRs on the active roster and if he can't go they need to make a roster move.  So....

They'll likely bring up Jordan Howard on a temp activate again so then would only have room to bring up 1 receiver.

Hightower has been protected, likely to be available to play this Sunday. 

Wilson was waived creating a roster spot.  Howard getting a promotion?  The offense needs his style of running the ball.

• Like 1

Do either of these injuries really matter? Not sure we’ve even see JJ line up as a receiver this year and we all know Raegar was a wasted pick.

Considering all of the picks Howie used for receivers over the past three seasons it seems like maybe he got two right in Quez and Smith. In other words the Eagles still need receivers. 

43 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Considering all of the picks Howie used for receivers over the past three seasons it seems like maybe he got two right in Quez and Smith. In other words the Eagles still need receivers. 

And even Quez is ehhh at best. I had high high hopes for Reagor after drafting him, but pretty much have waved the white flag on him. He will find a spot in this league as a gadget guy for like the saints or 49ers.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

And even Quez is ehhh at best. I had high high hopes for Reagor after drafting him, but pretty much have waved the white flag on him. He will find a spot in this league as a gadget guy for like the saints or 49ers.

And did you see Jefferson getting wide open in to the end zone on a 50 yard pass? And that guy didn't have the speed the Eagles wanted? Damn. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

I can’t be too hard on Quez, because he’s a 6th round pick. Reagor and JJAW are most disappointing considering their draft spots. Howie threw a lot of resources at the position and so far the return has been spotty at best. 

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And did you see Jefferson getting wide open in to the end zone on a 50 yard pass? And that guy didn't have the speed the Eagles wanted? Damn. 

The irony of the Eagles not taking Jefferson allegedly cause he was only a "slot guy” when not they basically moved Reagor inside because that’s the only place they think he can play. He’s somehow looked worse than Nelson Agholor. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I honestly was cool with Reagor over Jefferson because of what we were looking for....but Jefferson was that, plus everything else we needed. I'm not the biggest college fan, but watching Reagor in college you would see him run open and the ball be so off track it was hard to judge, but the openness said talent. Well I've seen balls bounce off his hand like his hands and the ball had the same damn charge

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shalodeep said:

I honestly was cool with Reagor over Jefferson because of what we were looking for....but Jefferson was that, plus everything else we needed. I'm not the biggest college fan, but watching Reagor in college you would see him run open and the ball be so off track it was hard to judge, but the openness said talent. Well I've seen balls bounce off his hand like his hands and the ball had the same damn charge

Agreed. I was Reagor over Jefferson too. We needed speed and Reagor seemed like the obvious choice to bring that speed. Unfortunately he's been a major disappointment and Jefferson looks a legit star WR.

34 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed. I was Reagor over Jefferson too. We needed speed and Reagor seemed like the obvious choice to bring that speed. Unfortunately he's been a major disappointment and Jefferson looks a legit star WR.

Honestly I don’t watch a lot of college football, but when I heard Reagor’s college coach on the Marks and Reese show after he was drafted I was concerned. He basically said the kid was raw, a bit of a project, not a good route runner, and even questioned his work ethic. I was thinking at the time what did this kid do to upset his coach? 😂 I guess he wasn’t wrong, but I can’t help but to wonder why in the world didn’t the FO and scouting department do some more research on the player?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

....and that's a damn shame!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Honestly I don’t watch a lot of college football, but when I heard Reagor’s college coach on the Marks and Reese show after he was drafted I was concerned. He basically said the kid was raw, a bit of a project, not a good route runner, and even questioned his work ethic. I was thinking at the time what did this kid do to upset his coach? 😂 I guess he wasn’t wrong, but I can’t help bu wonder why in the world didn’t the FO and scouting department do some more research on the player?

All anyone had to do was view his highlight reel and you could see he wasn't going to amount to much.

Howie is such a dumbarse.

57 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Jefferson would NOT have had the same success here......he would have had Wentz throwing to him and Wentz was terrible last year.  

A lot of success of these kids hinge on a good coaching staff and a good QB.......Pedersen wouldn't have given Jefferson the same amount of snaps and Wentz wouldn't have hit him....

• Like 2