WR Injuries

Hawkeye

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Kirk Coupons...

Since 2015 he's missed one game. has broken 4000 yards passing every year but one and 25 passing TD's every year, he's never posted a TD: int ratio of less than 2-1, so far this year he's on pace for over 4000 yards from 16 games again and has a TD-Int ratio of 8-1.

Whatever else is going on with the team he does his job like clockwork, the hate he gets honestly baffles me, I'd take Cousins over every QB we've had the last decade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Since 2015 he's missed one game. has broken 4000 yards passing every year but one and 25 passing TD's every year, he's never posted a TD: int ratio of less than 2-1, so far this year he's on pace for over 4000 yards from 16 games again and has a TD-Int ratio of 8-1.

Whatever else is going on with the team he does his job like clockwork, the hate he gets honestly baffles me, honestly I'd take Cousins over every QB we've had the last decade.

I agree......I just never understood why Cousins get so much crap.....He was with a terrible washington franchise who couldn't build a solid team around him, and now Minnesota who are a little better......but in neither washington, nor minnesota was Cousins the problem.

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Kirk Coupons...

2020:  4250 yards passing, 67.6 Comp Pct, 8.3 YPA Avg, 35 tds/13 ints, 105 passer rating.

I'll take that coupon any day.

Or does he not pass your "eye test"?

3 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Whatever else is going on with the team he does his job like clockwork, the hate he gets honestly baffles me, I'd take Cousins over every QB we've had the last decade.

Because he's fine, he's steady but he's not a top QB. I just think the money he gets is ridiculous for a player that's middle of the road. And his record in the big games and versus the good teams speaks for itself. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Because he's fine, he's steady but he's not a top QB. I just think the money he gets is ridiculous for a player that's middle of the road. And his record in the big games and versus the good teams speaks for itself. 

He isn't middle of the road, that's the point, his numbers since 2015 are pretty much the equal of Rodgers and Wilson for example.

What Cousins is is dorky and dull, he's not box office, he's never going to get the big endorsements and no kid is ever going to want to be Kirk Cousins playing in the park, he's the Ned Flanders of quarterbacking, but his numbers should earn him way more respect than they do.

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

He isn't middle of the road, that's the point, his numbers since 2015 are pretty much the equal of Rodgers and Wilson for example.

What Cousins is is dorky and dull, he's not box office, he's never going to get the big endorsements and no kid is ever going to want to be Kirk Cousins playing in the park, he's the Ned Flanders of quarterbacking, but his numbers should earn him way more respect than they do.

The issue with Cousins is he wilts in big moments. Dude can’t even win prime time games, let alone playoffs. 

Kirk Cousins played for a lousy Redskin organization.....they never had enough talent to win anything and the Vikings aren't much better.   The Vikings offense has been top ten in the NFL ranking and the Aikman ratings since he got there.

This kind of sh-- is what is so ridiculous about how QBs are judged.  The QB gets the W-L record......so f------ stupid when 21 other players have impact on the game, the head coach and OC do the game planning and play calling.....Is the QB the most important?  Yes, but even in his losing "prime time" games, which most came when he was with the pathetic redskins,  Cousins stats are pretty good. 

His prime time record is typically blown out of proportion because with any record, there are so many other circumstances.  And talking playoffs, Lamar Jackson sucks......but would you take him?  

3 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

Kirk Cousins played for a lousy Redskin organization.....they never had enough talent to win anything and the Vikings aren't much better.   The Vikings offense has been top ten in the NFL ranking and the Aikman ratings since he got there.

This kind of sh-- is what is so ridiculous about how QBs are judged.  The QB gets the W-L record......so f------ stupid when 21 other players have impact on the game, the head coach and OC do the game planning and play calling.....Is the QB the most important?  Yes, but even in his losing "prime time" games, which most came when he was with the pathetic redskins,  Cousins stats are pretty good. 

His prime time record is typically blown out of proportion because with any record, there are so many other circumstances.  And talking playoffs, Lamar Jackson sucks......but would you take him?  

Many of the beanbaggers around here won’t. They dismiss QB win/loss records when it comes to their god, but it matters to every other quarterback. Lamar Jackson would never work here. These people lack the patience to see a quarterback develop.