Henry Ruggs III - dui crash and death

DBW

He probably gets a slap on the wrist since he has money and is a NFL player. If it was some blue collar worker making peanuts, they would have gotten the book thrown at them. Athletes are above the law and do so until it gets noticed in the spotlight by our wonderful media jackoffs

9 hours ago, Wormlegs said:

He probably gets a slap on the wrist since he has money and is a NFL player. If it was some blue collar worker making peanuts, they would have gotten the book thrown at them. Athletes are above the law and do so until it gets noticed in the spotlight by our wonderful media jackoffs

Well there is no probation for DUI resulting in death in Nevada. He’s facing a penalty of 2-20 years in prison, from what I’ve heard.

Also, the Raiders released him.

• Like 4

If I recall, a lot of Eagles fans were hoping we'd draft him, but I'm not positive on that.

It's a shame though, not only has he ruined his life (at least in the near term of years), but he ended one life and destroyed countless others. All because he wanted to go out drinking and was idiot enough to get behind the wheel. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vaff said:

Well there is no probation for DUI resulting in death in Nevada. He’s facing a penalty of 2-20 years in prison, from what I’ve heard.

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If I recall, a lot of Eagles fans were hoping we'd draft him, but I'm not positive on that.

It's a shame though, not only has he ruined his life (at least in the near term of years), but he ended one life and destroyed countless others. All because he wanted to go out drinking and was idiot enough to get behind the wheel. 

All he had to do was to get a taxi or Uber/Lyft, and this wouldn't be an issue. He definitely had money for it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

He definitely had money for it.

But not the maturity and common sense. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, vaff said:

I saw that this morning. Im shocked. We should all play the lottery now. LOL

It takes a lot to get released in your second season as a former first round pick, but three players from the 2020 first round have now been released. Isaiah Wilson was traded by the Titans to the Dolphins for basically nothing. Then he was released by the Dolphins three days later after showing up late to his physical and missing multiple workouts. The Vikings released Jeff Gladney after he was indicted for felony domestic violence. And now this.

5 minutes ago, vaff said:

Apparently he was driving 156 mph seconds before the crash. He had a BAC twice the legal limit. And also had a loaded gun.

That's it for him. I'll be surprised if he ever plays again, and more than a bit surprised if he doesn't get more than the minimum sentence. 

18 minutes ago, vaff said:

Apparently he was driving 156 mph seconds before the crash. He had a BAC twice the legal limit. And also had a loaded gun.

ooof. No need to worry about football. He is done. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vaff said:

Man, what a POS of a human being. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

That's it for him. I'll be surprised if he ever plays again, and more than a bit surprised if he doesn't get more than the minimum sentence. 

He deserves the death penalty as far as I'm concerned.  I hope he gets at least the max sentence of 20 years - he ended a young life (and her dog) and totally screwed up that poor young lady's family forever.  Complete scum.

41 minutes ago, Plache said:

He deserves the death penalty as far as I'm concerned.  I hope he gets at least the max sentence of 20 years - he ended a young life (and her dog) and totally screwed up that poor young lady's family forever.  Complete scum.

Does Nevada have a death penalty?

He deserves everything that's coming to him, you see the street he did 156 mph on? That poor woman he hit, her family should get all Ruggs money, every goddamn cent, it won't ease their loss but Ruggs deserves to suffer poverty the rest of his waste of oxygen life.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Does Nevada have a death penalty?

I honestly don't know....... but it's what that scum deserves.

9 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

He's lucky to be alive.

Lucky to be alive but, probably wishes he was dead now. 

I think the legal system makes things way too complicated......someone stabs someone to death, have them stabbed to death.  Someone slams into someone's car and causes them to be burned to death....lock them in a car, set it on fire and let them burn.  No need to put them in jail......

I would also venture to say, that this would be a really great deterrent before someone thinks of causing someone harm.....no longer is prison an option, you get caught, and exactly what you did to a victim, will happen to you.  Rape, check!  Physical violence, check!  Death, check!