Henry Ruggs III - dui crash and death

DBW

2 hours ago, What The F said:

Read he got new charges which now push his max to 40 years.  

May he get every day of it.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, What The F said:

Read he got new charges which now push his max to 40 years.  

Yeah, from what I read, the max for a death during a DUI is 20 years and the max for severe bodily injury is 20 years. I don't think the 'severe bodily injury' is for the woman that he killed, I think (but could be wrong), is for his girlfriend, who required surgery to repair her severely injured arm. 

13 hours ago, Shakenbake36 said:

Luckily for him he didn’t send any mean emails or pretend to get vaccinated.

That's an incredibly stupid thing to say. Ruggs is about to go to prison for years. 

• Like 2

On 11/3/2021 at 1:25 PM, vaff said:

Apparently he was driving 156 mph seconds before the crash. He had a BAC twice the legal limit. And also had a loaded gun.

I read he was going something like 127 mph at impact. It's freaking amazing that ANYBODY survived that. Any chance he's going to be a top receiver in the NFL is flushed I imagine. Will he play again? If he's had a clean record up until this he'll probably serve the low end of the sentencing guidelines so he may be out in 4 or 5 years. It's a little surprising to me that he wasn't charged with manslaughter unless the DUI  resulting in death is pretty much the same.

On 11/6/2021 at 12:31 PM, NYEagle said:

I think the legal system makes things way too complicated......someone stabs someone to death, have them stabbed to death.  Someone slams into someone's car and causes them to be burned to death....lock them in a car, set it on fire and let them burn.  No need to put them in jail......

I would also venture to say, that this would be a really great deterrent before someone thinks of causing someone harm.....no longer is prison an option, you get caught, and exactly what you did to a victim, will happen to you.  Rape, check!  Physical violence, check!  Death, check!

It's really mindnumbing that people still think like this in 2021. Go back to the stone age, you neanderthal.

On 11/10/2021 at 11:26 AM, EaglesRocker97 said:

It's really mindnumbing that people still think like this in 2021. Go back to the stone age, you neanderthal.

Agree.  
I think ruggs past should play a huge role in his punishment.  Just like every other person facing a crime.   But especially something like this.    If the kids record is clean he should be treated like anyone else who commits a dui resulting in death that has a clean record.  

You can’t just make examples of people because they are rich or famous. And as horrific as the details of this accident are, it shouldn’t sway a judge in sentencing.  

yeah I know this isn’t a popular stance as many here want ruggs to get the chair or life in prison.   but a deeper thinker  might see an opportunity to us ruggs as a vessel to get out the message to young’s and others not to drink and drive once he serves his time(see mike vick)

Of course this all depends on what type of person ruggs is which I do not know 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SNOORDA said:

Agree.  
I think ruggs past should play a huge role in his punishment.  Just like every other person facing a crime.   But especially something like this.    If the kids record is clean he should be treated like anyone else who commits a dui resulting in death that has a clean record.  

You can’t just make examples of people because they are rich or famous. And as horrific as the details of this accident are, it shouldn’t sway a judge in sentencing.  

yeah I know this isn’t a popular stance as many here want ruggs to get the chair or life in prison.   but a deeper thinker  might see an opportunity to us ruggs as a vessel to get out the message to young’s and others not to drink and drive once he serves his time(see mike vick)

Mike Vick was very popular when he went to jail. So he had a bit more of an influence when he got out. Ruggs on the other hand is basically a nobody and they have been doing don't drink and drive campaigns for decades. Yet here we are with all the resources in the world to not drink and drive and this dumb ass does it at 157 MPG.  He deserves no redemption or to be free so he can be an advocate. By the time he gets out no one will even know.who.he is. 

10 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Mike Vick was very popular when he went to jail. So he had a bit more of an influence when he got out. Ruggs on the other hand is basically a nobody and they have been doing don't drink and drive campaigns for decades. Yet here we are with all the resources in the world to not drink and drive and this dumb ass does it at 157 MPG.  He deserves no redemption or to be free so he can be an advocate. By the time he gets out no one will even know.who.he is. 

One could argue vicks crimes were more severe when you think about him purposely killing animals.  Ruggs made a huge mistake that took a life.   Vick was flat out murdering animals in the reg.   

just saying

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

One could argue vicks crimes were more severe when you think about him purposely killing animals.  Ruggs made a huge mistake that took a life.   Vick was flat out murdering animals in the reg.   

just saying

Well a dog was also murdered in the drinking and driving. 

15 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well a dog was also murdered in the drinking and driving. 

Excellent observation for sure but antidotal I’m afraid  

14 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

Agree.  

Look, I am not one to take this lightly.....there is a reason I haven't had a drink in 17 years.  I can't, when I do, I can't stop.  I must have driven drunk 1000's of times and never got caught, never caused harm to someone or myself and it was just sheer luck or God.

That being said, I wonder what your thoughts would be (or Rocker's thoughts would be) if the girl that died was your sister, or your daughter.  

I am terrified, my oldest daughter is turning 17, she is getting her license and of course, she thinks as most kids, that she is bulletproof.  So if Ruggs had plowed into my daughters car at that speed, drunk.....yes, I'd want him killed in the same f'ing manner that caused my daughter to lose her life.  

It is definitely easier to preach tolerance and forgiveness when it isn't your loved one burning to death in her car.

• Like 2

On 11/14/2021 at 7:01 AM, NYEagle said:

Look, I am not one to take this lightly.....there is a reason I haven't had a drink in 17 years.  I can't, when I do, I can't stop.  I must have driven drunk 1000's of times and never got caught, never caused harm to someone or myself and it was just sheer luck or God.

That being said, I wonder what your thoughts would be (or Rocker's thoughts would be) if the girl that died was your sister, or your daughter.  

I am terrified, my oldest daughter is turning 17, she is getting her license and of course, she thinks as most kids, that she is bulletproof.  So if Ruggs had plowed into my daughters car at that speed, drunk.....yes, I'd want him killed in the same f'ing manner that caused my daughter to lose her life.  

It is definitely easier to preach tolerance and forgiveness when it isn't your loved one burning to death in her car.

I have a 18 yr old daughter who just started driving.   I would be absolutely livid and pushing for capital punishment. But I would be letting my emotions get in the way of rational thinkink

On 11/13/2021 at 7:47 PM, SNOORDA said:

Agree.  

First, "do as I say, not as I do" is not a good message to anyone.  I don't know if Ruggs is a terrible person, but he did make a terrible decision and just like you or I he will pay the price.  

I was reading yesterday that Vegas has been pretty hard on DUIs resulting in death in the past, prior record or not.  I read 6 years is the average term, and you gotta think this will push further than the average length of sentence given the horrific and very public nature of this crash.  

On 11/17/2021 at 7:59 AM, EricAllenPick6 said:

First, "do as I say, not as I do" is not a good message to anyone.  I don't know if Ruggs is a terrible person, but he did make a terrible decision and just like you or I he will pay the price.  

I was reading yesterday that Vegas has been pretty hard on DUIs resulting in death in the past, prior record or not.  I read 6 years is the average term, and you gotta think this will push further than the average length of sentence given the horrific and very public nature of this crash.  

Do as I say, not as I do is very good way to get a message out actually.   See every    Sponsor for an addict and the whole premise of AA meetings.  

obviously ruggs has a long way to go 1st.   He needs to serve his time and put in all the work of and community service before he can be that guy

like someone else mentioned though,  he never even became an NFL star so nobody is going to know who he is anyways.  But his story is a one of tragedy on so many levels and that story could save lives if he chooses to do so.