Best Oline in the league?

Uscg-green

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Also have to give huge props to Sirianni.  Adjusting from such a pass heavy offensive attack to a run heavy approach was the smartest thing he could have done.  That has helped the OL to play as well as they have as they are a much stronger run blocking unit than pass blocking.  Plus it wears down opposing defenses and controls TOP keeping the opposing offense off the field.  We went up against the league's strongest run defense and imposed our will on them ... we rushed for 242 yards!  :flex:

Don’t know why it took so long for him to run it more, but maybe it has something to do with this face.

0EFA280A-1D1A-4EF5-84FA-B8B219095D41.jpeg

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, time2rock said:

Huge props to Stoutland for getting this makeshift OL playing at the level they are.  Dickerson was highly rated coming out of college so not much of a surprise there but Driscoll playing as well as he has at RG and getting such a raw prospect in Mailata playing at the level he is at LT is just fantastic work on his part.  

Let’s not discount that pass blocking though.  Hurts had an insane amount of time on quite a few plays recently and it made the difference in getting a good play out of it.  They seem to be figuring it out with more time playing together.

19 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Don’t know why it took so long for him to run it more, but maybe it has something to do with this face.

Lol he looks bored. . Completely triggered that he has to run to win

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Lol he looks bored. . Completely triggered that he has to run to win

Then he’s a dope, because I’d much rather see the Eagles physical punish teams and take their will than pass, pass, pass, and punt most of the time. Remember the Winston Justice game? All of that passing and inept offense while never trying to establish a run. He was probably happy with that horrible game. Beating up and emasculating the Saints and that coach was satisfying. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Then he’s a dope, because I’d much rather see the Eagles physical punish teams and take their will than pass, pass, pass, and punt most of the time. Remember the Winston Justice game? All of that passing and inept offense while never trying to establish a run. He was probably happy with that horrible game. Beating up and emasculating the Saints and that coach was satisfying. 

Well I sure love the long ball every now and then, but it’s not like we don’t do that.

Next one will be caught by Watkins.

4 minutes ago, Infam said:

Well I sure love the long ball every now and then, but it’s not like we don’t do that.

Next one will be caught by Watkins.

They tried to take shots in this game. Hurts loaded up for some deep passes, but didn’t pull the trigger. He can’t win either way though. If he throws it deep into the coverage and it gets picked then his critics will trash him for it. When he protects it and turns a bad play into a four yard gain the critics bash him for not throwing it. He’s protecting the football and still getting positive yards. What the dopes (not you) need to realize that he doesn’t have to take that gamble of a 50/50 ball especially on early downs, because he can use his legs. When the deep ball is there he throws it. Now if the receivers can learn to keep their feet in bounds and not drop passes things could be different. Hurts is so dynamic it’s hard for defense to make him have a lot of negative plays. He turns sacks for other quarterbacks into 3-5 yard plays or 20 yard rushing touchdowns to seal the game. If it’s not there he doesn’t have to force it into triple coverage like our former quarterback used to. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

That might not be boredom from the running game, that might be constipation.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Does he not look bored? All joking aside, he looks freaking miserable. 

18 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

He took a 270 lb DE off his feet with a forearm...... Lol

dude, did you see the play where he throws one dude to the ground with his right arm and then Cameron Jordan  with his left arm like Bam, Bam! I haven't seen a dude toss people aside like that since reggie white!! Unreal. and I loved when he bulldozed Davenport like you touch my QB you get this!1 Loved him having Hurts' back like that. 

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

They tried to take shots in this game. Hurts loaded up for some deep passes, but didn’t pull the trigger. He can’t win either way though. If he throws it deep into the coverage and it gets picked then his critics will trash him for it. When he protects it and turns a bad play into a four yard gain the critics bash him for not throwing it. He’s protecting the football and still getting positive yards. What the dopes (not you) need to realize that he doesn’t have to take that gamble of a 50/50 ball especially on early downs, because he can use his legs. When the deep ball is there he throws it. Now if the receivers can learn to keep their feet in bounds and not drop passes things could be different. Hurts is so dynamic it’s hard for defense to make him have a lot of negative plays. He turns sacks for other quarterbacks into 3-5 yard plays or 20 yard rushing touchdowns to seal the game. If it’s not there he doesn’t have to force it into triple coverage like our former quarterback used to. 

He's gotten better over the last few games of actually going through progressions and not taking off if his first read isn't open. Now he needs to keep developing and start throwing to spots and let the receiver get to the spot. That's totally normal development for a young QB and i think he'll get better at it. 

4 minutes ago, Moe Greene said:

He's gotten better over the last few games of actually going through progressions and not taking off if his first read isn't open. Now he needs to keep developing and start throwing to spots and let the receiver get to the spot. That's totally normal development for a young QB and i think he'll get better at it. 

I’m perfectly fine with the development of Jalen Hurts. The guy is growing in front of our eyes. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m perfectly fine with the development of Jalen Hurts. The guy is growing in front of our eyes. 

Agreed. He may be the guy. At the very least, he deserves another year of development. I do not think we should be looking at this draft class for a QB. if the team isn't sold on him yet, then trade one of the first rounders to a team for their 2023 first rounder and other pick and then you can move up for a QB then if you need to but i think he's going to be the guy. he has all the intangibles, is a great leader, and if he keeps growing as a passer then we're set. not many guys have the personality and mental toughness to make it in philly (cough cough- Wentz) but he does. He's unflappable. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I love the way we are winning.   Straight up running through defenses.  It’s a hell

of a way to demoralize an opposition.  I really hope they stick with it until it stops working. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yes he is.  And when you can win games like yesterday without the help of the "big play” on offense it’s very impressive 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SNOORDA said:

I love the way we are winning.   Straight up running through defenses.  It’s a hell

of a way to demoralize an opposition.  I really hope they stick with it until it stops working. 

I agree, but I feel like only injuries can slow these guys down on offense. 

7 minutes ago, Moe Greene said:

Agreed. He may be the guy. At the very least, he deserves another year of development. I do not think we should be looking at this draft class for a QB. if the team isn't sold on him yet, then trade one of the first rounders to a team for their 2023 first rounder and other pick and then you can move up for a QB then if you need to but i think he's going to be the guy. he has all the intangibles, is a great leader, and if he keeps growing as a passer then we're set. not many guys have the personality and mental toughness to make it in philly (cough cough- Wentz) but he does. He's unflappable. 

I don’t know if Hurts is the "franchise quarterback” yet, but I don’t care right now. Just keep playing him and if he’s winning football games that’s all that really matters. People say/write they want him to do this or they want him to do that. He’s done all the things they have said at some point this year. I asked for improvement. He’s giving me what I want to see and on top of that they’re winning now so even the coach is giving me the improvement I want to see. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I agree, but I feel like only injuries can slow these guys down on offense. 

The way the o-line is mauling we might be dishing out injuries.  They deserve as much credit as any position unit including hurts for what we witnessed yesterday 

• Like 1

check out the youtube clip i posted above. if you don't remember the exact play, this guys dissects it. 

8 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It's safe to say Dillard is just going to have to learn to be a RT or get traded 

As long as he is on that rookie contract, I‘m fine with him as one of the best backup LTs in the league..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Infam said:

As long as he is on that rookie contract, I‘m fine with him as one of the best backup LTs in the league..

yep. always need good depth.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

Howie could move him for the right price I guess, but with Lane, and Mialata all playing at I high level there’s little chance he starts here

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

The way the o-line is mauling we might be dishing out injuries.  They deserve as much credit as any position unit including hurts for what we witnessed yesterday 

The O-line set the tone. Mialata was out there mauling people. Kelce was getting to the next level just taking people out. The Saints went to the Linc and got their butts kicked up front. 

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Howie could move him for the right price I guess, but with Lane, and Mialata all playing at I high level there’s little chance he starts here

We were open for a decent offer. But when I read stuff like ‚a fifth might get it done‘ I feel like: F— off!

Decent would be a second rounder. Third already feels low to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Infam said:

We were open for a decent offer. But when I read stuff like ‚a fifth might get it done‘ I feel like: F— off!

Decent would be a second rounder. Third already feels low to me.

Eagles have no reason to rush things, besides you never know how things could go with Lane. Mental illness is something to take seriously and if he has a relapse the Eagles might need to shuffle the line. Not giving away Dillard for a late pick when he’s more than serviceable backup and capable starter. 

• Like 2