DK Metcalf

eaglesfan0075

Is DK Metcalf someone to target as a buy low candidate in PPR with Russell Wilson easing his way back into injury?

The owner in our league is on the fringe of playoff contention and also has Jamarr Chase and Mike Evans at WR, with Evans as his Flex.

I am considering packaging Hunter Renfrow with an RB to attempt to trade for Metcalf in a PPR league. Renfrow is my WR2 right now after Davante Adams and I normally go 3 deep at RB including my flex (Ekeler, Henderson, Patterson).

I'm thinking Renfrow and Rhamondre Stevenson might be pushing it, but some trade charts actually show it being pretty close in value. Otherwise, should I consider breaking up my RB trio to upgrade at WR, maybe trade Patterson? My gut says no due to scarcity at the RB position.

There's also an owner with Chris Godwin as his WR1 with the same record, on the verge of playoff contention, who might need another RB. Would he be a better target?

1 hour ago, Godfather said:

I'd go after Chase or Evans instead

So I offered Stevenson and Renfrow for Metcalf and the trade was declined. Not a huge surprise as I understand it may be pushing it a little.

However I'm not so sure that I want to break up my RB trio of Ekeler, Henderson, and Patterson to upgrade at WR, given how scarce quality RBs are in relation to WR.

It might be better to roll with Renfrow and my other WRs (Chase Claypool, Van Jefferson, Julio Jones) and just use the best play of that bunch on any given week at WR2 and hope for the best?

11 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

So I offered Stevenson and Renfrow for Metcalf and the trade was declined. Not a huge surprise as I understand it may be pushing it a little.

However I'm not so sure that I want to break up my RB trio of Ekeler, Henderson, and Patterson to upgrade at WR, given how scarce quality RBs are in relation to WR.

It might be better to roll with Renfrow and my other WRs (Chase Claypool, Van Jefferson, Julio Jones) and just use the best play of that bunch on any given week at WR2 and hope for the best?

Who's on the FA market? 

4 hours ago, Godfather said:

Who's on the FA market? 

Jarvis Landry

Michael Gallup

Marvin Jones

Allen Robinson

Emmanuel Sanders

TreQuan Smith

Darius Slayton

Marquez Valdez-Scantling

Nick Westbrook-Inhine

Laviska Shenault

I have Julio Jones in my IR spot with Chase Claypool and Van Jefferson on my bench at WR.

My other bench players: Dawson Knox, Mark Ingram, Rhamondre Stevenson, and Tevin Coleman

Starters:

QB: Tom Brady

RB: Austin Ekeler

RB: Darrell Henderson

WR: Davante Adams

WR: Hunter Renfrow

TE: George Kittle

FLEX: Cordarrelle Patterson

D/ST: Titans

K: Matt Gay

There's another owner who is on the outside looking in for playoff contention with RB2 trouble. He has Saquon at RB1 and just picked up David Johnson this week to fill in since Chase Edmonds is on IR.

His WR are Keenan Allen, Tyler Lockett, Ceedee Lamb, Antonio Brown, Jerry Jeudy, Jamison Crowder

His RB are Saquon Barkley, Chase Edmonds*, David Johnson, Jeremy McNichols, Devontae Booker

Thoughts on trying to trade for Keenan Allen or maybe even Ceedee Lamb if I'm feeling like taking a risk?

@eaglesfan0075I'd stay put for rn. Wait and see how the wire goes. Might be better off taking a shot at a guy like Landry down the stretch. Hunter is going to be a target machine so I think you'll be in good shape

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Godfather said:

@eaglesfan0075I'd stay put for rn. Wait and see how the wire goes. Might be better off taking a shot at a guy like Landry down the stretch. Hunter is going to be a target machine so I think you'll be in good shape

Yeah, I think I'm going to hold off on a trade. Looking at my bench, Mark Ingram will probably end up being expendable once Alvin Kamara returns and same can be said for Tevin Coleman once Michael Carter returns from his injury. I can try to drop one of those two for Jarvis Landry if I can land him on waivers, otherwise I think I can get by with my current WR group.

On the flip side, I have locked in a playoff spot with my win this week in this league with one more week left before the fantasy playoffs, and there's no bye week that's up for grabs in our 4 team playoff format. I normally like to explore the trade market and have had success in the past finding a player or two that can help me in a playoff run, however I'm not sure if I have enough depth to feel comfortable making a splash trade.

I'm probably better off starting Hunter Renfrow at WR2 until I have a reason not to. With the Packers on bye next week, I'll be able to experiment with Chase Claypool or Van Jefferson at WR alongside Renfrow for a week before getting the roster into playoff shape.

9 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

i need metcalf to pretty much have the worst game of his career tonight. :lol:  

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Welp.  There you go.  

Wow. Maybe you should get some Powerball tickets or something, because that was impeccable timing. 1 catch for 13 yards. That's less than Jalen Reagor's 2 catches for 31 yards this week and we already know he's 🤮

Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make 😂

Thanks @Godfather

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Welp.  There you go.  

7 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Wow. Maybe you should get some Powerball tickets or something, because that was impeccable timing. 1 catch for 13 yards. That's less than Jalen Reagor's 2 catches for 31 yards this week and we already know he's 🤮

Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make 😂

Thanks @Godfather

:thumbsup:

led by 5 with my opponent having metcalf last night...and holy sheet did i get lucky. :lol:   absolutely pathetic week for my team...2nd lowest scoring team...but i'll take the dub! 

On 11/30/2021 at 7:14 AM, mr_hunt said:

:thumbsup:

led by 5 with my opponent having metcalf last night...and holy sheet did i get lucky. :lol:   absolutely pathetic week for my team...2nd lowest scoring team...but i'll take the dub! 

Nice! 

Just beat the team with Metcalf this week and he actually needed a win to make the playoffs. Now I'll be rolling in the fantasy playoffs with Renfrow as my WR2.

Good call on the no trade, @Godfather

Metcalf feels like one of those guys that will inexplicably go nuts during Fantasy playoffs, after all the teams that invested in him are eliminated.

Worth keeping him as a stash, but I wouldn't feel safe playing him right now.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2021 at 10:24 AM, toolg said:

Metcalf feels like one of those guys that will inexplicably go nuts during Fantasy playoffs, after all the teams that invested in him are eliminated.

Worth keeping him as a stash, but I wouldn't feel safe playing him right now.

That's why Im not dropping him. I don't want to help out anyone that made the playoffs.