Reagor’s disappointing career reaches new low with crucial drops

time2rock

36 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

We have TE's for that? I'm fine if you want to pick up a late rounder, but see no real pressing need. We just see things different. You would be sad if we had JJ and Smith???? How many yards did Goedert get yesterday? We have him,Stoll and Jackson to do that

TEs don't give you the production of a big WR, not unless you have one in the mold of Kyle Pitts.

There are 3 big WR's that I have my eye and one is likely to go in the 1st (Treylon Burks) and I'm totally against using a 1st on another WR, there are too many other holes to plug.

BTW, the other two are both from Ole Miss, Drummond and Mingo.  Mingo has a fractured foot and would likely be there in round 3 or 4, he'd be the steal of the draft if he can be landed there and much more valuable than those Buckeye receivers you're looking at.

The problem with the Eagles for years now is they don't think POWER FOOTBALL.

10 hours ago, weko said:

Reagor had a late 2nd round draft grade.  Only Howie valued him in the 1st round.  One of the keys to drafting well is to get fair value for a pick, not taking a mid to late 2nd round guy in the 1st.  One of the many drafting rules Howie doesn't comprehend.  

That's cause Howie knew someone, who knew Reagor's coach. That's why Howie drafted him instead of Jefferson. 

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

That's cause Howie knew someone, who knew Reagor's coach. That's why Howie drafted him instead of Jefferson. 

Personally I think it was more that Howie was fixated on "speed”.  His main goal was to add speed to the WR group and once Ruggs was off the board (who went higher than projected … he was linked to us in quite a few mocks) he went with that next speedy receiver.  All other traits or skill sets be damned, that is why he passed on the much higher projected Jefferson.  He has such a flawed approach to drafting it makes me to punch a wall in frustration.    

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

I mentioned spending money in FA on a WR ... you stated that was foolish and that you'd prefer to spend money in FA on a vet DL or CB.  

We may only have one "rookie" on the roster but the rest of the DC is littered with players with minimal experience (Reagor, Watkins, JJAW) or have proven to be JAG (Ward).  

I've always liked Godwin, going back to his days with PSU ... that appreciation for what he can do didn't just start last year when they signed Brady.  

And again, I mentioned earlier that if Hurts doesn't develop into a legit passing threat, he will be replaced, so not sure why you keep bringing that up.  

I never said I didn't like Godwin. There is no reason for him to play here,just like there is no reason ARod would play here. Hurts can';t throw 20 yard passes,what makes you think he would thrive with Hurts? I chose DL or CB because neither of them are affected by HURTS poor play

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

TEs don't give you the production of a big WR, not unless you have one in the mold of Kyle Pitts.

There are 3 big WR's that I have my eye and one is likely to go in the 1st (Treylon Burks) and I'm totally against using a 1st on another WR, there are too many other holes to plug.

BTW, the other two are both from Ole Miss, Drummond and Mingo.  Mingo has a fractured foot and would likely be there in round 3 or 4, he'd be the steal of the draft if he can be landed there and much more valuable than those Buckeye receivers you're looking at.

The problem with the Eagles for years now is they don't think POWER FOOTBALL.

There is no production because we have a noodle arm QB running a college RPO offense. IDK Reagor seems like a "hole to plug" to me especially after his interview where he didn't seem real concerned about dropping passes. That's the guy you want on our team? Not me. Hurts "yardage" is due to YAC not because he's dropping dimes to the DEEP threat WR's we got. I don't need Pitts to use my TE's effectively. We have done that for years no matter WHAT type WR;'s we had

50 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Very sad

44 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

There is no production because we have a noodle arm QB running a college RPO offense. 

You win, add another tiny WR to our current group of tiny WRs, that way our noodle armed QB can throw to all 4 of them.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

You win, add another tiny WR to our current group of tiny WRs, that way our noodle armed QB can throw to all 4 of them.

Maybe they can catch?