Creed Humphrey (Oklahoma C) -- DRAFTED BY KANSAS CITY #63

philafan4o8

It is hard for a fan base to get excited about drafting an offensive lineman in the first round but it is important.

Humphrey with a wrestling background, loves to be physical. Nasty lineman that can come in and play guard or center. He has the chances to be a great center in the NFL. Did not give up a sack in the almost 800 snaps he played last season. Will likely be the replacement to Jason Kelce who may retire after the season. We know the Eagles like to build among the offensive and defensive line. Last year Humphrey finished in top 3 for the Remington award (nation's best center). 

Now he can be a little better at point of attack but pretty good at getting leverage on those across from him. I like him so far and wouldn't mind him in midnight green

I'm not sure we need to go C so high. I think second or third round. But I don't deny or argue the C is going to be a need to address next year. 

This seems to be the popular pick in these way too early mocks this year. 

I just don't think the eagles will ever use a 1st on a center. it just doesn't make sense for us. 

While I know it doesn't make sense for us to draft a center in the first round Humphrey can also play guard. Very similar to Cesar Ruiz when it comes to that versatility play anywhere on the interior of the line (different players obviously).

Eagles love offensive linemen that are versatile. If a center is good late 1st round appears to be the landing spot (Cesar Ruiz, Travis Frederick, etc.)

@HazletonEagle @UK_EaglesFan89

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

While I know it doesn't make sense for us to draft a center in the first round Humphrey can also play guard. Very similar to Cesar Ruiz when it comes to that versatility play anywhere on the interior of the line (different players obviously).

Eagles love offensive linemen that are versatile. If a center is good late 1st round appears to be the landing spot (Cesar Ruiz, Travis Frederick, etc.)

@HazletonEagle @UK_EaglesFan89

That versatility certainly makes it more appealing. I just think they need to go DE in the first but that's as of right now. Long way to go. 

• 4 months later...

Played hurt today in the loss but I agree. I like him as a potential 1st round target if the Eagles are in the teens or later for whatever reason.

I'm slightly hesitant for this team to draft a C early if that's where Humphrey is likely to go.

C is absolutely a need because I can see this being the last year for Kelce. But could we go get a guy slightly later? Use the high first round pick at another position?

This guy could be a late 1st/ early 2nd rd pick. If we are drafting in the top 5 (which I hope we are), 2nd rd target for sure

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2020 at 4:47 PM, Godfather said:

This guy could be a late 1st/ early 2nd rd pick. If we are drafting in the top 5 (which I hope we are), 2nd rd target for sure

Agreed, C/OG tends to be drafted a bit later than people estimate. Besides he had some problems this year for sure. 

But give this man to Stoutland, and he will make him a stud, I have no doubts. Second round dreampick for me.

I'm not really for a center in the first round. That position has been proven you don't need to go first round there especially for the Eagles

With Wentz likely playing his way out of town, it might not be a bad idea to reunite Jalen Hurts with his college center.

At least there should theoretically be less issues with botched snaps or fumbles with Hurts and Humphrey playing together based on their chemistry. 

33 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

With Wentz likely playing his way out of town, it might not be a bad idea to reunite Jalen Hurts with his college center.

Firstly I don't think Wentz is going anywhere. We can debate whether he should or not but this organisation is very unlikely to be moving on from him this off season. 

We also don't know if Hurts can play at the NFL level. We may find out at some point but we don't know yet.

Agreed. Addressing the O Line is the Eagles Top Priority, IMO. They need to address it both in the draft and in FA. Wentz has been under duress far to much to succeed as an offense. That's also how you build a team. It starts with the line. It must be improved from both a starter and depth prospective. Howie failed to fix that at the start of this season and we are paying for it now.

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

Lindstrom in the third is way better value. 

Agreed. C or OG in the first round? No thanks. I definitely feel like we can find a really good guy in the third and Stoutland can make him a really good starter.

19 hours ago, Infam said:

Agreed, C/OG tends to be drafted a bit later than people estimate. Besides he had some problems this year for sure. 

But give this man to Stoutland, and he will make him a stud, I have no doubts. Second round dreampick for me.

The upcoming schedule and the way this team has been playing, doesn't seem like a dream pick

3 hours ago, Godfather said:

The upcoming schedule and the way this team has been playing, doesn't seem like a dream pick

I meant to say I would very much like it, not that it's unrealistic.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Firstly I don't think Wentz is going anywhere. We can debate whether he should or not but this organisation is very unlikely to be moving on from him this off season. 

We also don't know if Hurts can play at the NFL level. We may find out at some point but we don't know yet.

I agree that there's a good chance that he sticks around due to his cap hit and the fact that we don't know much about Hurts and his ability to start at QB in the NFL. The aging offensive line isn't helping Wentz, but there are definitely issues with mechanics, player accountability that he needs to be addressed with coaching. Interestingly enough, according to Over The Cap, the post-June 1st trade numbers for Carson Wentz actually provides a marginal cap savings despite his dead money:

Dead money: $9,273,536

Cap Savings: $9,383,000

Net savings: $109,464

Granted, not many teams will be too crazy about trading for Wentz after the season he is having, but a team like the Colts with Frank Reich, an aging starting QB, and an otherwise playoff caliber roster could make the jump. A 1st round pick isn't out of the question, but if the Eagles could somehow find a way to get Quentin Nelson or Darius Leonard in exchange, without giving too much, it would probably be better than any draft pick package they could acquire.

Now this is all obviously assuming that Wentz isn't salvageable. If we're giving Wentz the benefit of the doubt and blaming more of the surrounding team (players, coaches, management), then they just need to rebuild starting from the trenches and moving outward.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2020 at 4:21 PM, Infam said:

I meant to say I would very much like it, not that it's unrealistic.

Got ya

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I would love This pick in the late 1st early 2nd. Steal if we can get him at #37

• Like 1

If Eagles can get #20 or #21 I wouldn’t mind drafting him there. Nasty Olineman. We need more of this on our team. There is a real possibility Kelce and/or Brooks are gone.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

If Eagles can get #20 or #21 I wouldn’t mind drafting him there. Nasty Olineman. We need more of this on our team. There is a real possibility Kelce and/or Brooks are gone.

He's a monster. He manhandle's people

• Like 1