Creed Humphrey (Oklahoma C) -- DRAFTED BY KANSAS CITY #63

philafan4o8

1 hour ago, Jenkins27 said:

Seaumalo is the heir apparent at C.

Do we know that though? I don't think he's ever really given much confidence when he's filled in there in practice etc. 

Have to think the Stillers are eyeing him with Pouncey retiring.  They may not want to risk waiting til the late 2nd round for him. 

I like that he also has a wrestling background so understands how to use leverage and balance in his favour.  Didn't allow a sack his last 2 seasons at OU.  He's also a 3 time All Academic Big 12 honoree.  The knock on him is a lack of elite athleticism, but that's the only knock.  If Kelce retires and he's there at #37 then he could be the pick.

2 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

Seaumalo is the heir apparent at C.

They tried that twice, and it didn't work at all.

Let's draft Hurts old center, seems like a good idea.

On 9/27/2020 at 2:59 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm slightly hesitant for this team to draft a C early if that's where Humphrey is likely to go.

C is absolutely a need because I can see this being the last year for Kelce. But could we go get a guy slightly later? Use the high first round pick at another position?

Kelce has been the best in the league for years ... he was a 6th rd pick.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, time2rock said:

Kelce has been the best in the league for years ... he was a 6th rd pick.  

I mean I think they got lucky and struck gold with Kelce right? But yeah I don't think they need to invest a high high pick in a C.

• Like 1

Last year they were saying Herbig was likely Kelce's heir apparent... personally i think he's to big and they probably like his play at guard . Who knows with new staff about there line 

preference style and such especilly since I think we will defintly be more balanced. 

1 hour ago, Breeze 44 said:

Who knows with new staff about there line 

That's the thing... Philly for the last few years have wanted more athletic lineman. What did Indy have in that sense?

On 2/17/2021 at 9:18 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean I think they got lucky and struck gold with Kelce right? But yeah I don't think they need to invest a high high pick in a C.

If Humphrey is available in the second, I think it would be wise to pick him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Infam said:

If Humphrey is available in the second, I think it would be wise to pick him.

Yeah I would agree with you there although it does feel high for a C. That's my only hesitation there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I would agree with you there although it does feel high for a C. That's my only hesitation there. 

We'd be lucky if he wasn't picked in the first, where most drafts project him. I see him slide to the second because of his position, but the early second is a steal in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

I could see the eagles trading back again and taking him in the first round before teams like Pittsburgh and some others get a chance.. sure wouldn’t be a glamour pick but with Kelce just about done adding talent to the oline wouldn’t be bad at all. 

Howie would need to make a deal with Satan for this guy to be available at #37; he's going to one of the AFC North teams (Steelers or Ravens) in the 1st round.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Infam said:

I'm down for 37 with him. 👍

Fair enough. That feels a little rich for me especially given our needs but I do get it bud. 

Just now, Infam said:

Might be too late.

Maybe, but there are 3 Cs and 3 guards who are really good, it's still possible, maybe a small trade up could be put together.

• Like 1