Allen Robinson (Bears WR) -- SIGNED WITH L.A. RAMS

Godfather

Enough drafting wr's. Let's get a vet in here to play opposite of Smith

You've been busy today posting about FA WRs.  I agree.  We need a GOOD vet WR to help our young guys like Smith and Watkins (notice I didn't say Reagor).  Robinson would be a good go-to WR to help maintain possession and move the chains. 

I think TB re-signs Godwin, why wouldn't they?  Same with Williams for the Chargers as Allen is getting up there in years so I would think he'd be a priority for them.  Robinson should be the one who is most available for us to sign and he'd be a good signing. 

Minshew to Robinson in 2022 sounds good, right?  ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

Robinson would be a good go-to WR to help maintain possession and move the chains. 

Yeah I'd agree I think Robinson would be a good WR to add to this roster. 

10 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

You've been busy today posting about FA WRs.  I agree.  We need a GOOD vet WR to help our young guys like Smith and Watkins (notice I didn't say Reagor).  Robinson would be a good go-to WR to help maintain possession and move the chains. 

I think TB re-signs Godwin, why wouldn't they?  Same with Williams for the Chargers as Allen is getting up there in years so I would think he'd be a priority for them.  Robinson should be the one who is most available for us to sign and he'd be a good signing. 

Minshew to Robinson in 2022 sounds good, right?  ;)

I planned on being busy today until @Ray75 stole my thunder lol. I would be absolutely shocked if he was franchise tagged again. Robinson and Juju are probably more realistic then Godwin. I don't think Williams back to the Chargers is a given

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Godfather said:

I planned on being busy today until @Ray75 stole my thunder lol. I would be absolutely shocked if he was franchise tagged again. Robinson and Juju are probably more realistic then Godwin. I don't think Williams back to the Chargers is a given

Not sure how realistic JuJu is.  This past offseason he turned down a multi year offer from us (for more money) to re-sign with Pittsburgh on a 1 year deal.  

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/19/eagles-juju-smith-schuster-nfl-free-agency-steelers-re-sign/

I suppose it could be a case that the multi year offer wasn't as much as he was expecting on a long term deal and he wanted to sign a short term contract to up his worth in hopes of cashing in on a bigger deal this upcoming offseason (when the cap is expecting to be substantially higher).  We shall see.  

I haven’t checked the cap situation recently, but I find it hard to believe they can pay Robinson enough. 

Realistic target I think. Would complement Smith - bigger body FA is my preferred route to go for WR#2

• Like 1

He's a big name for sure, but coming off a down season (339 yards and 1 TD) makes you wonder if he can be had on a reasonable 1 year prove-it type deal? He's 28, so certainly should be able to produce for a few more seasons at least before age related decline sets in. Maybe the Eagles pull off getting him on a multi-year deal like the one they offered Juju Smith-Schuster before being turned down, but I think Robinson will want to bet on himself and chase one last pay day in 2023.

Outside of missing 2017 due to injury, Allen Robinson hasn't had a season this underwhelming since his rookie year (548 yards and 2 TD).

Compare Allen Robinson to two popular names brought up as FA candidates for the WR2 spot here: Mike Williams and Chris Godwin.

Mike Williams has a good shot at beating his career highs in yards (1001 in 2019) and TDs (10 in 2018) this year. He's currently sitting at 854 yards and 7 TDs with 4 more games left to play. He's shown WR1 ability and Keenan Allen will be entering his 30s. I think the Chargers make a big push to keep him.

Chris Godwin is also playing well this year (949 yards and 5 TDs so far) and is currently on a franchise tag, so I doubt he'll be a "value signing". His career best is 1333 yards and 9 TD in 2019. The Bucs would love to keep him, but he'll likely get a huge offer elsewhere to be a team's WR1.

With all the needs this team has elsewhere, they don't need to break the bank on someone to start at WR2. We have our young, talented, rookie-wage scale locked in WR1 in Devonta Smith.

One thing to keep in mind around FA WR signings is that we may not be the most desirable spot for them.

Yes money talks but we may have to clearly outbid others given this offence and our QB if Hurts is back isn't exactly conducive for WR to get a lot of targets, catches and put up stats.

I like Robinson but think he will get overpaid. I would gladly take DJ Chark as a consolation prize. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I like Robinson but think he will get overpaid. I would gladly take DJ Chark as a consolation prize. 

DJ Chark would be a solid option. Howie would finally bring an LSU WR to the Eagles after passing on Justin Jefferson 😄.

In all seriousness though, Chark definitely would be a good fit with his size 6'3 and not to mention his speed (ran a 4.34 at the Combine). 

The Jaguars are further behind in their rebuild process compared to us, so I'd imagine Chark would view the Eagles as an upgrade on the winning front?

I like getting a veteran WR to add to the group, don't know if Howie would pay the price or what the cap situation would look like.  But a quality veteran WR (not some cheap scrub to claim they "addressed the position) would be nice next to Smith and Watkins.  Reagor and JJAW are trash.  With Goedert and a decent running game that would give the team some solid weapons.

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Bump

PFF ranks him 10th in their top 100 free agent list :

10. WR ALLEN ROBINSON II, CHICAGO BEARS

Robinson has endured a disastrous 2021 season as he once again tries to produce in a passing offense that ranks dead last in yards per game. Robinson has seen just 50 targets through Week 13 after commanding 113 targets through Week 13 of 2020. While the lion’s share of the blame can be placed on the Bears' offense in general, Robinson is sporting the worst overall grade of his career thus far (67.6). It’s entirely possible the focus is on staying healthy and getting ready for 2022 and beyond outside of Chicago. It’d be hard to blame him if that's the case.

Strengths:
-Contested catches
-Body control
-Hands

Weaknesses:
-His quarterbacks
-Speed

Scheme Fit/Role:
NO. 1 WR: Allen Robinson has a history of balling out despite awful quarterbacks throwing him the football dating back to high school. He isn't the fastest receiver in the game, but he is good at everything else and can defeat press coverage and beat elite cover corners. He won't be coming off his best year but is still a No. 1 option. Teams such as Jacksonville, Philadelphia and Cleveland could all use him for that spot.

Recent Injury History:
Robinson has had several injuries in the NFL, with his most recent one of significance being December 2020. His most severe injury was a torn ACL in 2017.

Contract Projection: Three years, $48 million ($16M per year, $30 million total guaranteed)

Bottom Line:
Robinson's true ceiling is still something of an unknown because he has literally never experienced elite quarterback play. And yet, he has still consistently performed as a top-10 receiver.

8 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

PFF ranks him 10th in their top 100 free agent list :

10. WR ALLEN ROBINSON II, CHICAGO BEARS

Robinson has endured a disastrous 2021 season as he once again tries to produce in a passing offense that ranks dead last in yards per game. Robinson has seen just 50 targets through Week 13 after commanding 113 targets through Week 13 of 2020. While the lion’s share of the blame can be placed on the Bears' offense in general, Robinson is sporting the worst overall grade of his career thus far (67.6). It’s entirely possible the focus is on staying healthy and getting ready for 2022 and beyond outside of Chicago. It’d be hard to blame him if that's the case.

Strengths:
-Contested catches
-Body control
-Hands

Weaknesses:
-His quarterbacks
-Speed

Scheme Fit/Role:
NO. 1 WR: Allen Robinson has a history of balling out despite awful quarterbacks throwing him the football dating back to high school. He isn't the fastest receiver in the game, but he is good at everything else and can defeat press coverage and beat elite cover corners. He won't be coming off his best year but is still a No. 1 option. Teams such as Jacksonville, Philadelphia and Cleveland could all use him for that spot.

Recent Injury History:
Robinson has had several injuries in the NFL, with his most recent one of significance being December 2020. His most severe injury was a torn ACL in 2017.

Contract Projection: Three years, $48 million ($16M per year, $30 million total guaranteed)

Bottom Line:
Robinson's true ceiling is still something of an unknown because he has literally never experienced elite quarterback play. And yet, he has still consistently performed as a top-10 receiver.

I would love to have Allen Robinson, but have a hard time thinking he'd pick us with Jalen Hurts' limitations as a passer or that we'd offer him the $16 million/year over 3 years. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd guess he'll look to see if he can pair himself with a QB that can pad his stats more. It's not the same as Alshon Jeffrey picking the Eagles for Carson Wentz. Devonta Smith could probably easily be a 1000+ yard, 10+ TD WR as a rookie with a different QB. Look at what JaMarr Chase did with Joe Burrow.

• 1 month later...

BUMP

Still available.  Guessing he didn't agree to a deal during the 48 hr tampering period because his salary demands are too high.  He has been one of my top WR free agent targets ... I still feel he would make a perfect complement to Smith.  My guess is, Howie is waiting for things to settle a bit before taking a swing at a WR.  The longer he goes unsigned the better the odds are we get him to come down on his asking price (IF that is indeed the case).  Fingers crossed.  

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

BUMP

Still available.  Guessing he didn't agree to a deal during the 48 hr tampering period because his salary demands are too high.  He has been one of my top WR free agent targets ... I still feel he would make a perfect complement to Smith.  My guess is, Howie is waiting for things to settle a bit before taking a swing at a WR.  The longer he goes unsigned the better the odds are we get him to come down on his asking price (IF that is indeed the case).  Fingers crossed.  

i saw it suggested somewhere he is waiting to see what happens with watson before signing somewhere not sure how true that is or not.