Jason Peters Returning?

EazyEaglez

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Perhaps but I'm not sure why we say that with such confidence and assertion. He hadn't started that game on fire and we know Seattle has his number. 

I didn't really word it in the way you described, but maybe people are confident because it was a home game and Seattle never really had us out of it even without Wentz. Your second sentence is kind of strange. We had one offensive series (a "3 and out" ) then Wentz left on the next offensive play. Yes --- literally, that was not a good "start," but there was still plenty of time left in the 1st quarter which I feel better qualifies as the start than just one series. I don't think slow starts by the Eagles' offense were surprising any of us at the time. We typically had more success as the games progress. Nobody has anybody's number. That's just an old cliche fans use to rationalize trends. 

2 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I didn't really word it in the way you described, but maybe people are confident because it was a home game and Seattle never really had us out of it even without Wentz. Your second sentence is kind of strange. We had one offensive series (a "3 and out" ) then Wentz left on the next offensive play. Yes --- literally, that was not a good "start," but there was still plenty of time left in the 1st quarter which I feel better qualifies as the start than just one series. I don't think slow starts by the Eagles' offense were surprising any of us at the time. We typically had more success as the games progress. Nobody has anybody's number. That's just an old cliche fans use to rationalize trends. 

All I'm saying is he missed on a couple of fairly easy throws and I remember some, I wasn't one of them, concerned that his first play off game was getting to him. Yes it was very very early and sure he didn't have a lot of time out there but he didn't start particularly hot that's all.

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

All I'm saying is he missed on a couple of fairly easy throws and I remember some, I wasn't one of them, concerned that his first play off game was getting to him. Yes it was very very early and sure he didn't have a lot of time out there but he didn't start particularly hot that's all.

Wentz has had maybe 2 really terrible games. He's had bad moments in many, but overcame them most of the time. To expect a bad moment to result in a totally awful game isn't logical.  I'm hoping as Wentz matures, he gets his early game miscues behind him. He rarely looks sharp on his first pass, but usually gets on track later in the game. It's like he needs to settle down a little bit or something. Basically all I'm saying is it is normal for him to "not start hot."

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

Wentz has had maybe 2 really terrible games. He's had bad moments in many, but overcame them most of the time. To expect a bad moment to result in a totally awful game isn't logical.  I'm hoping as Wentz matures, he gets his early game miscues behind him. He rarely looks sharp on his first pass, but usually gets on track later in the game. It's like he needs to settle down a little bit or something. Basically all I'm saying is it is normal for him to "not start hot."

I'm not saying it would have resulted in an awful game. But based on his games against Seattle we also shouldn't assume he was going to go out, turn it on and beat them. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not saying it would have resulted in an awful game. But based on his games against Seattle we also shouldn't assume he was going to go out, turn it on and beat them. 

I'm pretty sure it's reasonable to expect your offense that practiced together all week in preparation for the game would produce more than an offense where the ball-handler didn't practice with the 1st team at all.

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

I'm pretty sure it's reasonable to expect your offense that practiced together all week in preparation for the game would produce more than an offense where the ball-handler didn't practice with the 1st team at all.

Yeah absolutely I don't disagree. But we also then can't be sure that Seattle don't score more points and that the flow of the game is completely different. 

Is Wentz significantly better than McCown? Absolutely no doubt. Doesn't mean we can categorically state the result would have been different. 

• 2 months later...

So as I was listening to the radioing my way home from work today Joe Tordy happened to mention the Eagles tried to trade Dillard TWICE this off-season. It's not the first time I have heard the rumor, but I is the first time I've heard it referenced so candidly on the radio. If they love this kid so much we'll it sure doesn't seem like it and from the stories coming out of camp he wasn't exactly lighting it up. Sometimes trying to groom the next guy just doesn't work out. 

On 8/29/2020 at 4:41 AM, EazyEaglez said:

Sometimes trying to groom the next guy just doesn't work out. 

Sometimes.

Often, though, it takes a guy a few years to realize his potential in the NFL. Unfortunately, it doesn't always happen with the team that drafts you (Brandon Brooks, Alex Smith, Hugh Douglas, Steve Young, etc... ) .

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

Sometimes.

Often, though, it takes a guy a few years to realize his potential in the NFL. Unfortunately, it doesn't always happen with the team that drafts you (Brandon Brooks, Alex Smith, Hugh Douglas, etc... ) .

Yeah maybe. Still too early to give up on a guy like Dillard. Sidney Jones on the other had can go.