If we get to the playoffs.......

Uscg-green

Running the ball/clock management and good D is playoff football success formula. We may pull an upset or two. We will be a tough out I think. We always play GB tough.  Getting farther than Dallass would give me something over my wife who hasn't shut up about her "boys" all year lol. 

• Like 4

Our ability to run and control the clock will put us in a position against any team, but I don't think our defense I talented enough against the elite qbs you'll face in the playoffs. That being said, we do have some playmaker on defense so just gotta get hot at the right time

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Running the ball/clock management and good D is playoff football success formula. We may pull an upset or two. We will be a tough out I think. We always play GB tough.  Getting farther than Dallass would give me something over my wife who hasn't shut up about her "boys" all year lol. 

If they make the playoffs hope Hurts isn't the QB so they have a shot.

• Like 1

God I hope Dallas chokes and loses their first game... Normally id feel pretty confident they are quick outs but this year practically every team is hit or miss... It doesn't feel like there is any stand out teams... Like every year there's around 3 or 4 teams who just look like a lock to go to the Super Bowl and this year it's like anyone can beat anyone... Personally I think football blows this year and not because of the Eagles record, even when we've had terrible years I still enjoyed football overall... Football is becoming less and less interesting to me 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skitoe said:

Our ability to run and control the clock will put us in a position against any team, but I don't think our defense I talented enough against the elite qbs you'll face in the playoffs. That being said, we do have some playmaker on defense so just gotta get hot at the right time

Problem is; Gannon looks like a veteran D coordinator against amateur QBs however he plays to the strengths of above avg/elite QB's,  its like his brain shuts off when the QB is a good player.

2 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

No way Eagles beating Dallas in Dallas.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

No way Eagles beating Dallas in Dallas...

Dallas could pull a Dallas and be out in first round. If we make it we probably don't see them first. 

Just now, Uscg-green said:

Dallas could pull a Dallas and be out in first round. If we make it we probably don't see them first. 

We shall see.

2 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

We shall see.

Dallas has looked mortal against teams not in NFCE. We might not make any noise but I don't think they do either. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

Getting farther than Dallass would give me something over my wife who hasn't shut up about her "boys" all year lol. 

You married a Cowboys fan? Oh dear oh dear 😉!

Look I don't think anyone is going to want to face this team. Like you say they have a decent D who on their day can play very well and they have a run game that allows them to manage the clock.

I don't have any expectations for this team at this point but I think teams will want to avoid them in the play offs. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You married a Cowboys fan? Oh dear oh dear

PXL_20210919_131226985.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Uscg-green said:

PXL_20210919_131226985.jpg

They say opposites attract I just never knew that applied to football teams 😊. Merry Christmas to you both. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They say opposites attract I just never knew that applied to football teams 😊. Merry Christmas to you both. 

You as well. We live in Delaware. You should see people stare at us at the grocery store on Sunday mornings in our jerseys. By the way, always meant to ask. How did you become a eagles fan from across the pond? Aren't most Jacksonville?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

You as well. We live in Delaware. You should see people stare at us at the grocery store on Sunday mornings in our jerseys. 

Yeah I can imagine they do. Kudos to your wife for wearing her Cowboys jersey in Delaware.

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I can imagine they do. Kudos to your wife for wearing her Cowboys jersey in Delaware.

Funny thing is we are both from the Eastern Shore of Maryland. No name country. Well more Ravens now. But when we were kids it was all skins all the time. Both our families love them. I wanted to rebel and so did she. We just went opposite ways lol. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

It will be a round 1 exit if we make the Playoffs.

It certainly will not be an easy task if the make the playoffs. All games would be road games and this defense has been notably poor against decent to great quarterbacks. I don’t think it will be a blowout though as long as the Eagles stick to the run, because they can truly run on any team. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

It will be a round 1 exit if we make the Playoffs.

No doubt. They'll get spanked

Our O-Line is the great equalizer, they have proven over and over again they can dominate the opposing front 7 at will.

As long as we lean into that and don't go pass happy, we have a shot.

• Like 1

Likely Seeding on NFC side vs Run (Yards per Carry)(Saints 2nd still, Eagles 3rd)

1. Green Bay - 24th

2. Dallas - 25th

3. Tamp Bay - 12th

4. Arizona - 27th

5. Rams - 4th

6. 49ers - 13th

Currently, we would face Dallas, Green Bay and then likely Tampa Bay in the NFC title Game.

10 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

We certainly have a better than average shot with that formula.  Ugly football wins games, for sure.  We just can't afford to get behind very far or we are in deep, deep trouble.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

We certainly have a better than average shot with that formula.  Ugly football wins games, for sure.  We just can't afford to get behind very far or we are in deep, deep trouble.

Yeah this team needs to come out hot most games especially when against a good team. 

8 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah this team needs to come out hot most games especially when against a good team. 

Yep.  But hot or not, they just can't fall behind more than a score (maybe 10) or they are doomed.  We just aren't passing our way back into a game YET.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

just stick your boys in her mouth and you wont have to hear about hers problem solved 

I don't think we have the defense for a playoff run. I think Ravens are the most recent run first team in the playoffs and they made it to the divisional but struggled big time on offense and was eliminated