Sanders

JP HOF

39 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Follow your blockers though. Especially if it's Kelce. 

To be fair to Miles, he was probably just in shock that a center could possibly be out in front of him that far down the field. :lol:

Kelce is insane

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

Follow your blockers though. Especially if it's Kelce. 

Yup he follows Kelce on that big run he probably scores.

• Like 1

Here's to all the experts that wanted to keep his role small because Howard/Scott had hot hands.  Howard and Scott will maximize what's blocked more consistently, but they won't rip those long runs like Sanders and that's why he's the lead back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yup he follows Kelce on that big run he probably scores.

Kelce threw up his arms in frustration. He was probably like bud I’m trying to help you score! Kelce has somehow despite being so hurt this year found a way to be even better. It’s like playing with these young guys has reinvigorated him. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

interesting that no one agrees with what I said about the visual aspect.

Well everyone understands that Sanders has breakaway ability. We have seen it before, but I guess the underlining stuff is still there too. The ball just seems to squirt out his hands way too much. He almost had another fumble in this game, but he was ruled down. There were also some plays in this game where it seemed like Sanders could have scored if he just followed a block or took a different path. There’s also the injury history. When it comes to Sanders people are ready to see him take that next step in his career. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JP HOF said:

Isn't it just beautiful watching him running when he breaks into the open?   It is a work of art.

Another non starter topic not worthy of its own thread.  

On topic, yes, but it doesn't matter with all the negative plays and putting the ball on the ground to much.

11 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

So you are against pressures but want to count almost fumbles? His entire body was on the ground there was no almost about it. 

I’m not counting it as an almost fumble, rather I’m stating that he does have a fumble issue and just pointing once again the ball was on the ground even if he was too. I looked it up before and I believe Sanders fumbles once every 70 carries or so. Most backs are well over 100 in this area. 

I've always liked Sanders, I think he has a dynamic skill set and could be doing more. I don't know if that's the coaches under utilizing him, or something to do with him or what. But I see potential for being more of a feature. 

Sanders is much more talented than howard and scott. Anyone with eyeballs can see that. 

However, this city often favors backup players over talent so everyone was clamoring for boston scott to get 35 carries a game a few weeks ago and to cut sanders.

• Like 2

I just like a downhill thumper with attitude and Howard fits that bill. Don't get me wrong glad we have Sanders but I prefer a NS grind it out back.

12 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well he has only one actual fumble lost this season. He's not even in the top 50 of the league for fumbles. 

He only has 7 in his career on 590 touches. So he’s fumbling once every 84.3 touches. A staggering 1.19% fumble rate.

35 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well he has only one actual fumble lost this season. He's not even in the top 50 of the league for fumbles. 

Yes he only has 1, it is also the least amount of carries he has had in a season.  He has talent, but to many negative plays and ball security is an issue.  He was a fumbler in college, and is still a fumbler.

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well everyone understands that Sanders has breakaway ability. We have seen it before, but I guess the underlining stuff is still there too. The ball just seems to squirt out his hands way too much. He almost had another fumble in this game, but he was ruled down. There were also some plays in this game where it seemed like Sanders could have scored if he just followed a block or took a different path. There’s also the injury history. When it comes to Sanders people are ready to see him take that next step in his career. 

nah I was talking about something else, never mind.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Yes he only has 1, it is also the least amount of carries he has had in a season.  He has talent, but to many negative plays and ball security is an issue.  He was a fumbler in college, and is still a fumbler.

He fumbled twice as a rookie … both were on the same drive.

He has one season with more than two fumbles, and in that season he had a staggering four!

People are actually calling WIP to complain about Sanders today. As if he didn't have a great game. A great, not complete game.

12 minutes ago, seengreen said:

People are actually calling WIP to complain about Sanders today. As if he didn't have a great game. A great, not complete game.

Those aren't  people, those are called idiots

• Like 2

Everybody likes Boston Scott, but he and Sanders have the same number of career fumbles, while Scott has only had 52% of the career touches Sanders has had.

2 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Sanders is much more talented than howard and scott. Anyone with eyeballs can see that. 

However, this city often favors backup players over talent so everyone was clamoring for boston scott to get 35 carries a game a few weeks ago and to cut sanders.

Ain't that the truth.