Treylon Burks (Arkansas WR) -- DRAFTED BY TENNESSEE #18

Ray75

2DB6A33F-494D-4610-8C85-019C6E20ABAC.jpeg

6’2” / 220 lbs

Burks has the physicality of a traditional big-bodied receiver but comes with more than enough athletic ability. He is a smooth athlete with outstanding size and strength His deceptive speed make him a handful in coverage.

Burks lines up as an X receiver, slot receiver, and in the backfield at times for the Arkansas offense. He’s also a willing and able blocker in the run game and uses his big frame to power through arm tackles and is rarely brought down by the first defender. He also uses his big frame to shield defenders away from the ball. 

A player with his combination of not only size and speed, but the ability to make the open field cuts. He reminds me a bit of AJ Brown. 

If the Eagles can’t land a vet in free agency, Burks might be too good to pass up considering they’re not armed with 1 but 3 first round selections.

Yes, I know! It’s unheard of that a team uses first round draft ammo on a receiver 3 years in a row but this could be a case of BPA meets need in the late teens/early twenties.

Burks could be the rhino to Smith’s gazelle in the Eagles offense.

Draft projection; mid first round

• Like 4

I really like the size, the versatility and the fact he can run block. With this offense I think that's a key aspect for a WR.

• Like 2

Great prospect but we need a passing QB first. We target our WRs at an average of 8 a game.

What's the point of using a high pick on another WR if we can't use them properly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Great prospect but we need a passing QB first. We target our WRs at an average of 8 a game.

What's the point of using a high pick on another WR if we can't use them properly.

Yeah not much of a point investing in a receiver if we're gonna continue as a run heavy team.

18 minutes ago, PhiEaglesWin07 said:

Yeah not much of a point investing in a receiver if we're gonna continue as a run heavy team.

Even if we are a running team, having someone like Burks should help Jalen Hurts in a big way, especially in the redzone. Having someone other than Dallas Goedert to be a big bodied target will be beneficial.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PhiEaglesWin07 said:

8 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Even if we are a running team, having someone like Burks should help Jalen Hurts in a big way, especially in the redzone. Having someone other than Dallas Goedert to be a big bodied target will be beneficial.

Agreed... Even if we were to be more run centered Burks would still be a great addition... Good wr target for the red zone as mentioned plus he's big he would be a great blocker on runs as well... He would fit really well here 

Good RZ target, good 50/50 guy, good burst and size for Siri’s bubble game, has the long speed to threaten CBs… the knock against him is his route running (but our HC was a WR coach, right?). Top-15 player - love this pick.

On 1/2/2022 at 11:33 PM, Aspiritfall said:

I would love it if we got him 

I was looking at prospect rankings for the draft. We have a real shot at drafting Treylon Burks.

5 hours ago, CouchKing said:

I was looking at prospect rankings for the draft. We have a real shot at drafting Treylon Burks.

We do, he should be there as of now with even our last pick in round 1.... It's just a matter if we draft him which I don't see Howie doing 

20 hours ago, Aspiritfall said:

We do, he should be there as of now with even our last pick in round 1.... It's just a matter if we draft him which I don't see Howie doing 

Maybe he'll be more open to drafting another stud SEC WR after finding a keeper in Devonta Smith. 😄

I know Arkansas isn't Alabama, but Burks could be the makeup pick for passing on DK Metcalf, just as Smith was the makeup pick for passing on Justin Jefferson.

Just now, eaglesfan0075 said:

Maybe he'll be more open to drafting another stud SEC WR after finding a keeper in Devonta Smith. 😄

I know Arkansas isn't Alabama, but Burks could be the makeup pick for passing on DK Metcalf, just as Smith was the makeup pick for passing on Justin Jefferson.

It's wishful thinking but it would be nice if we took him... I think he would be a tremendous upgrade to our offense... I'm hoping we take a rb at some point too... Not saying early but I think we can use another guy... 

On 1/2/2022 at 9:34 PM, D-Shiznit said:

Because either Hurts improves as a passer next year (I think he can), or they change QBs in 2023. You think drafting a WR in 2022 is only for next season?

• Like 1

On 1/6/2022 at 12:08 AM, Aspiritfall said:

It's wishful thinking but it would be nice if we took him... I think he would be a tremendous upgrade to our offense... I'm hoping we take a rb at some point too... Not saying early but I think we can use another guy... 

A lot of nice RB talent in the 5th/6th. 

As far as Burks...this guy's hands are insanely huge.

10.25" That's bigger than Julio, Amari Cooper, etc.

5 hours ago, Outlaw said:

A lot of nice RB talent in the 5th/6th. 

As far as Burks...this guy's hands are insanely huge.

10.25" That's bigger than Julio, Amari Cooper, etc.

And Kenny Pickett!

If the Eagles want to fix their WR group for good they need a big bodied receiver and this is the guy for the job, he's pretty much a Debo Sammuel clone.  

As much as they need to address the defense I wouldn't be upset with this guy with their first #1 if he's available.  

• 5 weeks later...

I like him. Big, strong, hands catcher, good playing speed, big play ability. I'll be happy if the Eagles take him.

13 hours ago, time2rock said:

Is it wrong to think of him as being somewhat similar to Deebo Samuel?

Not at all, I can definitely see Deebo Samuel in his game. Others have compared Burks to AJ Brown, but I think Burks really does fit in that mold as the "big slot WR" that can be moved around as an offensive chesspiece. If you were to re-draft that 2019 WR class, Samuel would be a 1st round pick along with AJ Brown and DK Metcalf.

Burks could very well be the 1st WR off the board, ahead of both Ohio State WRs, depending on team preference.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The player the Eagles need at WR right now. A big body physical WR that can jump and get the ball. If he is there with the last 1st round pick, you take him. I have him the highest of all the WRs in the draft for what the Eagles NEED. No more small hurt WRs in these drafts. We need to get bigger and physical at WR. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2022 at 11:33 PM, Aspiritfall said:

I would love it if we got him 

I would love it if we got him  also but I think the defense is a higher priority, I'd look to get Dontario Drummond in the 4th, there's not a whole lot of difference between Drummond and Burks.

12 hours ago, EagleVA said:

there's not a whole lot of difference between Drummond and Burks.

Oh it's a big difference between Burks and Drummond. Drummond reminds me of Reagor with the way he was used. Probably because he has big separation issues aka stay away. No real jump balls wins. Burks eat those jump balls all day because he uses his 6'3 size. Drummond is 6'0 maybe 6'1. Doesn't use his size that much. Also reading Drummond doesn't block well. So you know the Eagles not looking at him period. 

14 minutes ago, Erica said:

Oh it's a big difference between Burks and Drummond. Drummond reminds me of Reagor with the way he was used. Probably because he has big separation issues aka stay away. No real jump balls wins. Burks eat those jump balls all day because he uses his 6'3 size. Drummond is 6'0 maybe 6'1. Doesn't use his size that much. Also reading Drummond doesn't block well. So you know the Eagles not looking at him period. 

It Burks a better receiver?  No doubt.  Is Drummond what the Eagles need? No doubt.  The Eagles need a bigger receiver that has no fear of the middle.

While I'll read what others have to say,  I prefer to what film to get an idea of their playing style.  I read what they said about Reagor but after watching film of his playing style I came to the conclusion that he showed me nothing. 

After watching Drummond I came to the conclusion he's exactly what the Eagles need.  Forget about how they were used, Reagor and Drummond have entirely different playing styles, there is no comparison. 

From my perspective, the biggest difference between Burks and Drummond is what it'll cost to get them, it's a 1st for Burks and a 3rd or later for Drummond, I'd much rather use the 1st you'll pay for Burks on the defense. 

As I said last year, the last thing you want is to have a young QB  consistently playing from behind due to a sorry arsed defense that can't get of the field, the same thing goes for this year.