GDT Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles 1-8-22, 8:15 PM EST

EagleJoe8

Made a mistake and took a peek at the Reddit post game thread. There's really Cowboys fan pounding their chests over this game (and their NFC East wins). Wow, big congrats.

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

It's not wrong to support players. 

Well when you imply coaches and quarterbacks are holding these guys back how are you supporting those players and coaches? 

1 minute ago, ShutDownDB said:

And his partner in suck had a total of 2 catches for 36 yards.

I truly hope Reagor, JJ and possibly Gannon are gone this off season.

Sadly I don’t think you’re getting any of those things happening. 

JUST REMEMBER:

Just a reminder that the Cowboys have won three playoff games in the last quarter century. The Eagles won three in a 23-day span in 2017.

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Well when you imply coaches and quarterbacks are holding these guys back how are you supporting those players and coaches? 

Where did I state "they are being held back?" Just because you are claiming I said something doesn't make it true. I do recall questioning how Doug used Reagor and suggesting Wentz didn't seem to have confidence in JJAW after the detroit game. Those are opinions, but I never implied that either of these guys would have had more success on another team. As for Doug, his failings cost him his job. The same thing could happen to JJAW and Reagor. But from tonight's game, I didn't really see anything alarming from Reagor. He failed to catch one poorly thrown ball that was way behind him. But that JJAW drop seemed like one he should have had and I'm a little disappointed that he couldn't make a play today. I'm not going to waste my time trying to change any opinions on JJAW at this point. But I don't really get why Reagor is part of today's post-game ranting. 

15 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

It's not wrong to support players. 

You blamed Wentz & coaches and defended way over the top a player who flat out sucked. You weren't "supporting" Wentz blaming him. Just take the L on JJ-AWFUL.

Man you guys are a bunch of teenage fing drama queens.  "OH dAlLas is ClaSElEsSzzZ!"  If the roles were reversed and we were kicking the sheet out of them in their own stadium you all would be doing cartwheels. :roll:

1 minute ago, Eaglesfandan said:

Man you guys are a bunch of teenage fing drama queens.  "OH dAlLas is ClaSElEsSzzZ!"  If the roles were reversed and we were kicking the sheet out of them in their own stadium you all would be doing cartwheels. :roll:

true but that's the way it's supposed to be, lol

6 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Where did I state "they are being held back?" Just because you are claiming I said something doesn't make it true. I do recall questioning how Doug used Reagor and suggesting Wentz didn't seem to have confidence in JJAW after the detroit game. Those are opinions, but I never implied that either of these guys would have had more success on another team. As for Doug, his failings cost him his job. The same thing could happen to JJAW and Reagor. But from tonight's game, I didn't really see anything alarming from Reagor. He failed to catch one poorly thrown ball that was way behind him. But that JJAW drop seemed like one he should have had and I'm a little disappointed that he couldn't make a play today. I'm not going to waste my time trying to change any opinions on JJAW at this point. But I don't really get why Reagor is part of today's post-game ranting. 

Your posts defending bad players:  :lol:

Screenshot_20210614-164759_Instagram.jpg

2 minutes ago, Eaglesfandan said:

Wrong actually. If the roles were reversed I’d be screaming to get our guys out of there before they get hurt. 

7 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Sure doesn’t seem like I’m the only one who recalls you defended JJAW by implying it was fault of others. Pretty sure Doug didn’t get fired because he didn’t make Reagor and JJAW better. By the way Reagor also didn’t play very well tonight either. He was pretty nonexistent. On top of that in a 17 game season he didn’t even break 300 receiving yards. He is not playing well enough. The Eagles need to upgrade the position, because he’s not the answer and is holding the team back.

9 minutes ago, Eaglesfandan said:

Really? I know of no Eagles fan who would be chest pounding proud of their starters beating Dallas 3rd string players. Why? They are too smart. Well, most of them, because you apparently aren't one of them. Or you perhaps aren't a real fan. Toodles.

8 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wrong actually. If the roles were reversed I’d be screaming to get our guys out of there before they get hurt. 

Just now, Talonblood said:

Really? I know of no Eagles fan who would be chest pounding proud of their starters beating Dallas 3rd string players. Why? They are too smart. Well, most of them, because you apparently aren't one of them. Or you perhaps aren't a real fan. Toodles.

Uh huh :rolleyes:

Just now, NOTW said:

You blamed Wentz & coaches and defended way over the top a player who flat out sucked. You weren't "supporting" Wentz blaming him. Just take the L on JJ-AWFUL.

Wentz was one of my favorite players while he was here, but he wasn't perfect. He had guys he trusted and sometimes they became crutches. Overall, it prevented him from advancing/growing as a player. I have no idea what he saw in practice, but he simply didn't give some guys much of a look in games. Perhaps it was warranted based on what we are seeing, but I've seen a lot of QBs still target garbage WRs over the years. It's not like McNabb always had the best of the best. Cunningham also threw passes to Garrity and Ron Johnson because they were playing. I think it's important to spread the ball around and get all the receivers involved. But if a player turns into Na Brown and blows every opportunity he gets in a game, then I find it concerning. What you are calling "over the top" is just me not being sure based on a lack of use. As I pointed out before --- People claimed Jordan Howard was washed up / finished as a player simply because Miami didn't give him an opportunity last year and when the Eagles brought him in didn't use him either. They said he was wasting a spot on our PS this year.  I didn't believe that a lack of use sealed his fate. That is where you and I differ. But most would agree that when the player does play and the ball is thrown to him, a WR needs to make the catch. JJAW didn't tonight. There's no argument worth making to defend him right now. 

I expect you'll dwell on something else from this reply that is really just a long way of saying: JJAW was given an opportunity to play today and was a disappointment. In the past, if someone wanted to argue that JJAW was the worst player to wear number 15, I would post a picture proving he actually wore number 19. Today, I just don't care. 

4 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Wentz was one of my favorite players while he was here, but he wasn't perfect. He had guys he trusted and sometimes they became crutches. Overall, it prevented him from advancing/growing as a player. I have no idea what he saw in practice, but he simply didn't give some guys much of a look in games. Perhaps it was warranted based on what we are seeing, but I've seen a lot of QBs still target garbage WRs over the years. It's not like McNabb always had the best of the best. Cunningham also threw passes to Garrity and Ron Johnson because they were playing. I think it's important to spread the ball around and get all the receivers involved. But if a player turns into Na Brown and blows every opportunity he gets in a game, then I find it concerning. What you are calling "over the top" is just me not being sure based on a lack of use. As I pointed out before --- People claimed Jordan Howard was washed up / finished as a player simply because Miami didn't give him an opportunity last year and when the Eagles brought him in didn't use him either. They said he was wasting a spot on our PS this year.  I didn't believe that a lack of use sealed his fate. That is where you and I differ. But most would agree that when the player does play and the ball is thrown to him, a WR needs to make the catch. JJAW didn't tonight. There's no argument worth making to defend him right now. 

I expect you'll dwell on something else from this reply that is really just a long way of saying: JJAW was given an opportunity to play today and was a disappointment. In the past, if someone wanted to argue that JJAW was the worst player to wear number 15, I would post a picture proving he actually wore number 19. Today, I just don't care. 

JJAW had opportunities each year when the WR group was decimated with injuries, and was outplayed by guys taken from practice squads. He should've been cut 2 years ago he's AWFUL. 

26 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

By the way Reagor also didn’t play very well tonight either. He was pretty nonexistent. On top of that in a 17 game season he didn’t even break 300 receiving yards. He is not playing well enough. The Eagles need to upgrade the position, because he’s not the answer and is holding the team back.

Plenty of people on this board are saying the same things about Hurts. I don't share that opinion, but hey ... if it's wrong to defend Hurts I guess we both need to stop. 

11 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Plenty of people on this board are saying the same things about Hurts. I don't share that opinion, but hey ... if it's wrong to defend Hurts I guess we both need to stop. 

At least Hurts has shown he can actually make plays and has the potential to be better.  JJAW on the other hand.....eek.

4 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

ZZZzzzzzzzzzz :sleep:

TATE is one of the most bipolar places on the internet. 

52 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Your posts defending bad players:  :lol:

Screenshot_20210614-164759_Instagram.jpg

Wait until you see my defense post of JaCoby Stevens. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Sure doesn’t seem like I’m the only one who recalls you defended JJAW by implying it was fault of others. Pretty sure Doug didn’t get fired because he didn’t make Reagor and JJAW better. By the way Reagor also didn’t play very well tonight either. He was pretty nonexistent. On top of that in a 17 game season he didn’t even break 300 receiving yards. He is not playing well enough. The Eagles need to upgrade the position, because he’s not the answer and is holding the team back.

I wouldn't give Reagor the grade of suck for every game he isn't great.  He's earned the suck grade before,  but in this game he was better than suck.  JJAW sucked.  On the other hand, the game didn't matter really. 

2 hours ago, bitbased said:

Made a mistake and took a peek at the Reddit post game thread. There's really Cowboys fan pounding their chests over this game (and their NFC East wins). Wow, big congrats.

Like night follows day. Looks like I made the right call going to bed at half time. 

40 minutes ago, EaglesIreland said:

Like night follows day. Looks like I made the right call going to bed at half time. 

I made the right decision not staying up to watch at all. Just watched this morning. 

I took a few positives. I thought Minshew was OK but then we knew that. I thought Huntley looked really good at times, he's really explosive. Watkins had himself a nice game too and Tyree Jackson got involved.

The defense was horrible but that's to be somewhat expected. I thought Williams was pretty good but the rest was just a mess. But hey they were back ups and depth guys going against starters so it was never going to be pretty. 

5 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

It’s not meaningful when it’s against backups lol

They desperate to look good... media will spin it. Only showed eagles have decent depth. 

Archived