GDT Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles 1-8-22, 8:15 PM EST

EagleJoe8

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Win for the Eagles, because it improves our draft position. Beanbaggers having to shut the heck up. Priceless. 😂🤣😂

I love Carson Wentz...

3 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Last year in one less game, we threw 104 more passes on the season. Our leading receiver last year was Ward with 53 receptions. Our leading receiver by yards was Fulgham with 539 yards. This year, despite fewer passes being thrown, our leading receiver was Smith with 64 receptions for 916 yards.  Our second leading receiver was Goedert with 56-830. Our 3rd leading receiver was Watkins with 43-647. Reagor was 4th with 33-299. 

Some people felt Reagor would have a breakout season with the arrival of Smith. It did not happen. Watkins had the breakout season. For the most part, Reagor replaced Ward. Even though Reagor's numbers are disappointing, there was a YPR improvement (9.1) over Ward's 7.9 last year. The offense and QB style are both a lot different from last year to this year. Those things are factors in the final product. It will be Sirianni's job to find a way to improve the production from Reagor or whoever might replace him next season. Obviously Reagor will have to put in the work on his end to get better as a player. But if you want me to conclude that improvement can't happen, then I feel that's just being dumb. We don't know if it will happen. Pretending it won't is still just pretending. 

I feel it is completely stupid for this team to ignore the fact Reagor has regressed despite all of the opportunities given to him. The Eagles need to upgrade and frankly if you think he’s the answer then you’re a moron.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I love Carson Wentz...

I don’t hate or love him. I’m just glad he’s no longer the quarterback of the Philadelphia Eagles.

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t hate or love him. I’m just glad he’s no longer the quarterback of the Philadelphia Eagles.

I'm only messing. I love him because Wentz did what Wentz does. I agree I'm just glad he's not our problem. Beyond this year I don't care what he does. He's given us what we needed this year. Thanks Carson. 

On 1/9/2022 at 4:12 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm only messing. I love him because Wentz did what Wentz does. I agree I'm just glad he's not our problem. Beyond this year I don't care what he does. He's given us what we needed this year. Thanks Carson. 

So glad that contract and his overrated behind is no longer an Eagle. I just find it funny the trash these clowns talked defending that guy. Not one will grow a pair and admit they were wrong though. 

18 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Plenty of people on this board are saying the same things about Hurts. I don't share that opinion, but hey ... if it's wrong to defend Hurts I guess we both need to stop. 

Hurts can't be compared to JJaw. Hurts has actual stats, and touchdowns,  JJaw does not. JJaw proved last night he can't cut in nfl. Just fortunate he made some money...

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Eagles the 7th seed. Sirianni was right to rest his guys.

If the Eagles won it wouldn't have made a difference in seeding right?

21 minutes ago, NOTW said:

If the Eagles won it wouldn't have made a difference in seeding right?

Correct, because the 49ers won.

17 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Correct, because the 49ers won.

Initially I wanted them to play starters. After the game I realized it was the right choice. Starters didn't take an L, didn't have injuries, nothing to gain even though I hate Dallas. New season starts next week, it's in eagles hands now. Anything can happen, hopefully they take advantage of the opportunity and make a run. Eagles have a lot of young talent on the team that I believe are capable stealing some games. Pulling a Rocky and shock everyone and the league. Rather be an underdog with potential than a glorified kiss arse like Dallas. America's team my arse...

4 minutes ago, XoqTionR said:

Initially I wanted them to play starters. After the game I realized it was the right choice. Starters didn't take an L, didn't have injuries, nothing to gain even though I hate Dallas. New season starts next week, it's in eagles hands now. Anything can happen, hopefully they take advantage of the opportunity and make a run. Eagles have a lot of young talent on the team that I believe are capable stealing some games. Pulling a Rocky and shock everyone and the league. Rather be an underdog with potential than a glorified kiss arse like Dallas. America's team my arse...

This won’t be easy. They’re going up against the SB champs. They’re major underdogs here and they have a bunch of inexperienced players and coaches. I’m optimistic, but I’m also realistic. 

28 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

This won’t be easy. They’re going up against the SB champs. They’re major underdogs here and they have a bunch of inexperienced players and coaches. I’m optimistic, but I’m also realistic. 

Every  game they played, they've played close and were winnable. Defense has kept most under 18 point. Hopefully the offense has evolved and win this second time around. It's why you play the game. They were major underdogs when they won superbowl. Just glad they turned cap around and not bottom dwellers. 

Just now, XoqTionR said:

Every  game they played, they've played close and were winnable. Defense has kept most under 18 point. Hopefully the offense has evolved and win this second time around. It's why you play the game.

It’s the playoffs and my expectations have somewhat risen, but I understand that this team isn’t ready for the big leagues just yet bud. I say just enjoy the playoffs.

On 1/9/2022 at 12:59 AM, Eaglesfandan said:

At least Hurts has shown he can actually make plays and has the potential to be better.  JJAW on the other hand.....eek.

TATE is one of the most bipolar places on the internet. 

So bye, polar.

My takeaways.

Good showing for Minshew. Put 27 on Dallas elite defense while playing with the second string. Should have been 30+ but I digress. Bahahaha. Dallas is cooked.

I know we were resting the starters but having a 50 berger put on your team in your house still irks me. In reverse, heck yeah, I'd want us to put up 70 on Dallas second string and then plant our flag in the middle of their field. F Dallas!!!

Huntley needs to be our returner. Milton Williams showing out.

20 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I feel it is completely stupid for this team to ignore the fact Reagor has regressed despite all of the opportunities given to him. The Eagles need to upgrade and frankly if you think he’s the answer then you’re a moron.

Damn shame really. Not taking advantage of his opportunities. Let's hope he some how wakes up this week.

8 hours ago, Vileborg said:

My takeaways.

Good showing for Minshew. Put 27 on Dallas elite defense while playing with the second string. Should have been 30+ but I digress. Bahahaha. Dallas is cooked.

I know we were resting the starters but having a 50 berger put on your team in your house still irks me. In reverse, heck yeah, I'd want us to put up 70 on Dallas second string and then plant our flag in the middle of their field. F Dallas!!!

Diggs picks him at least twice had he played though. Pretty sure of it.

8 hours ago, Vileborg said:

My takeaways.

No they aren't and had two of their best players out

15 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

2nd stringers?! I thought our 3rd and 4th team guys were out there all night. :groovy:

I certainly think there were a few 3rd and 4th stringers out there. 

On 1/8/2022 at 11:28 PM, Gannan said:

It’s one thing to rest your starters when you’re a 13-3 juggernaut that’s been steamrolling teams all season. To rest everyone with this team that hasn’t beaten a winning team, that generally ****s in the first half, is just foolishness. Still don’t like this coach.

Yeah I had a bad feeling about that.  A lot of young guys that could have gotten more experience, I know you don't want to risk players getting hurt but I think they should have played starters for at least a few possessions.

On 1/9/2022 at 1:04 PM, brkmsn said:

Last year in one less game, we threw 104 more passes on the season. Our leading receiver last year was Ward with 53 receptions. Our leading receiver by yards was Fulgham with 539 yards. This year, despite fewer passes being thrown, our leading receiver was Smith with 64 receptions for 916 yards.  Our second leading receiver was Goedert with 56-830. Our 3rd leading receiver was Watkins with 43-647. Reagor was 4th with 33-299. 

Some people felt Reagor would have a breakout season with the arrival of Smith. It did not happen. Watkins had the breakout season. For the most part, Reagor replaced Ward. Even though Reagor's numbers are disappointing, there was a YPR improvement (9.1) over Ward's 7.9 last year. The offense and QB style are both a lot different from last year to this year. Those things are factors in the final product. It will be Sirianni's job to find a way to improve the production from Reagor or whoever might replace him next season. Obviously Reagor will have to put in the work on his end to get better as a player. But if you want me to conclude that improvement can't happen, then I feel that's just being dumb. We don't know if it will happen. Pretending it won't is still just pretending. 

Reagor is regressing steadily, not progressing. He is not a very good player, and it's obvious to those who have eyes to see. Reagor sucks, plain and simple, and his demeanor shows he isn't a winner. His body language even tells the story. The whole look on his face reflects what is going on inside of him- turmoil. He lacks confidence, and one thing a pro WR CANNOT lack is that very quality. Reagor needs to be replaced, plain and simple. Anyone who see's a winning quality in this guy is simply fooling themselves- it simply is not there.

Archived