Eagles 2022 Schedule prediction thread

Wallyhorse

NOTE: This is a re-do of what I posted based on two factors: Wentz being traded to the now-Washington Commanders and although right now MLB has no plans to extend their season to make up games due to their lockout, I suspect there will be pressure from elected officials and others to do it if a deal gets done quickly so some dates could be needed for a delayed finish to the MLB season:

On 1/11/2022 at 11:43 AM, BayAreaLennie said:

The Eagles 2022 opponents are as follows:

Eagles  Home: Cowboys, Giants, Washington, Vikings, Packers, Saints, Titans, Jaguars, Steelers
Away: Cowboys, Giants, Washington, Bears, Lions, Cardinals, Colts, Texans

Here's what I see being the schedule, keeping in mind the following:

Eagles can be scheduled for ANY Monday at home as the Phillies are not playing any Monday games in September (though those Mondays along with Monday 10/3, the day after the regular season ends could be reserved for makeups of rainouts though this could be re-arranged if MLB succumbs to any public pressure to play a full 162 even if it delays the postseason).

Phillies are at home on Sundays in Weeks 1 & 3 (9/11 & 9/25)..

Phillies are also at home on Thursday 9/22 (Week 3)

I'm also going to assume the NFL will allow for Phillies home playoff games in October. 

I also suspect the NFL will intentionally schedule both Cowboys games for slots that can't be moved off FOX because ESPN got both meetings in 2021 (second meeting also was on ABC).

Also note: We now know the NFL will have a Christmas Day Tripleheader as well as most of the games on Christmas Eve (Saturday 12/24).  Please note this schedule was done well before this was known.  There also will be a Monday night game on Monday, January 2 after all as the Sugar Bowl, which traditionally would have that slot was moved to New Year's Eve. 

Week 1: at Colts, Monday 9/12 at 8:15 PM on ESPN/ABC
Week 2: Cowboys, Sunday 9/18 at 4:25 PM on FOX
Week 3: at Cardinals, Sunday 9/25 at 4:25 PM on CBS (cross-flex)
Week 4: Titans, Sunday 10/2 at 8:20 PM on NBC
Week 5: at Lions, Sunday 10/9 at 1:00 PM on FOX
Week 6: at Giants, Sunday 10/16 at 1:00 PM on FOX
Week 7: Bye
Week 8: Jaguars, Sunday 10/30 at 1:00 PM on CBS (possibly cross-flexed to FOX)
Week 9: Packers, Sunday 11/6 at 4:25 PM on CBS (cross-flexed game)
Week 10: Saints, Sunday 11/13 at 1:00 PM on FOX
Week 11: at Texans, Sunday 11/20 at 1:00 PM on FOX
Week 12: at Cowboys, Thursday 11/24 at 4:30 PM on FOX (Thanksgiving, Eagles would stay in Houston between games or immediately fly to Dallas after the Texans game to prepare)
Week 13: Commanders, Thursday 12/1 at 8:20 PM on Amazon Prime (local TV TBD, I suspect the now-Commanders play the Lions in the early game on Thanksgiving setting up Wentz's return for the following Thursday)
Week 14: at Bears, Sunday 12/11 at 1:00 PM on FOX
Week 15: Giants, Saturday 12/17 at 4:30 PM on NFL Network (local TV TBD, also could be Friday 12/16 at 8:15 PM on ESPN IF ESPN is given a Friday night game in lieu of a Week 17 Monday nighter)
Week 16: Steelers, Sunday 12/25 at 8:20 PM on NBC (game can't be flexed out)
Week 17: Vikings, Sunday 1/1/'23 at 1:00 PM on FOX
Week 18: at Commanders. Saturday or Sunday 1/7-8/'23, Time and Network TBD

Changes from what I had originally has most notably Wentz's return being the Thursday after Thanksgiving with both the now-Commanders and Eagles on the road on Thanksgiving day,  Because of this, I now have the Steelers game being Christmas night on NBC as that is probably the easiest game to put in that slot. 

In spite of FOX not having either Eagles/Cowboys game this year, I see a 0% that neither is a prime time game next year especially with both being playoff teams this year. 

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

In spite of FOX not having either Eagles/Cowboys game this year, I see a 0% that neither is a prime time game next year especially with both being playoff teams this year. 

That's what happened with Giants-Cowboys in 2012 after NBC got both matchups in 2011.  Otherwise, I would have the Eagles playing in Detroit on Thanksgiving and getting the Cowboys at home the following Thursday in an Amazon Prime game (Thursday Night Football is moving there next season, NFL Network with have a limited late-season package next year as FOX is severing its ties to NFL Network). 

13 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Week 1: at Colts, Monday 9/12 at 8:15 PM on ESPN/ABC   W
Week 2: Cowboys, Sunday 9/18 at 4:25 PM on FOX         W
Week 3: at Cardinals, Sunday 9/25 at 4:25 PM on CBS (cross-flex)     W
Week 4: Titans, Sunday 10/2 at 8:20 PM on NBC      W
Week 5: at Lions, Sunday 10/9 at 1:00 PM on FOX       W
Week 6: at Giants, Sunday 10/16 at 1:00 PM on FOX     W
Week 8: Jaguars, Sunday 10/30 at 1:00 PM on CBS (possibly cross-flexed to FOX)     W
Week 9: Packers, Sunday 11/6 at 4:25 PM on CBS (cross-flexed game)     W
Week 10: Saints, Sunday 11/13 at 1:00 PM on FOX     W
Week 11: at Texans, Sunday 11/20 at 1:00 PM on FOX     W
Week 12: at Cowboys, Thursday 11/24 at 4:30 PM on FOX (Thanksgiving, Eagles would stay in Houston between games or immediately fly to Dallas after the Texans game to prepare)   W
Week 13: Steelers, Thursday 12/1 at 8:20 PM on Amazon Prime (local TV TBD)    W
Week 14: at Bears, Sunday 12/11 at 1:00 PM on FOX    W
Week 15: Giants, Saturday 12/17 at 4:30 PM on NFL Network (local TV TBD, also could be Friday 12/16 at 8:15 PM on ESPN IF ESPN is given a Friday night game in lieu of a Week 17 Monday nighter)    W
Week 16: at WFT, Saturday 12/24 OR Monday 12/26 at 1:00 PM on FOX    W
Week 17: Vikings, Sunday 1/1/'23 at 1:00 PM on FOX    W
Week 18: WFT. Saturday or Sunday 1/7-8/'23, Time and Network TBD    W

😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2022 at 10:55 PM, Wallyhorse said:

Week 12: at Cowboys, Thursday 11/24 at 4:30 PM on FOX (Thanksgiving, Eagles would stay in Houston between games or immediately fly to Dallas after the Texans game to prepare)
Week 13: Commanders, Thursday 12/1 at 8:20 PM on Amazon Prime (local TV TBD, I suspect the now-Commanders play the Lions in the early game on Thanksgiving setting up Wentz's return for the following Thursday)
Week 15: Giants, Saturday 12/17 at 4:30 PM on NFL Network (local TV TBD, also could be Friday 12/16 at 8:15 PM on ESPN IF ESPN is given a Friday night game in lieu of a Week 17 Monday nighter)

New version that reflects Wentz now with the Commanders as I suspect the Commanders and Eagles will both play on Thanksgiving (yes, three NFC East teams on Turkey Day) and then play each other the following Thursday. 

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting topic and interesting thought process. Thanks for the post, I enjoyed it. 

On 1/12/2022 at 9:10 AM, uncphillyfan said:

@Wallyhorse  who gets the Sunday ticket?

You could beat that dude that won the girls swim race, rat face

That's a tough start to the season with 4 of the first 6 games being away.  That includes a short week to come back home to host the hated Cowgirls then travel across country to play the Cards.  However, then we get the bye week and the next 3 games are home games followed by 2 away, including a short week to play the Cowgirls on Thanksgiving.  My concept of time is rubbish, but I do remember we played them on Thanksgiving maybe 7-8 years ago?  Follow that up with Wentz's return to Philly for the dreaded Thursday night game (I HATE the Thursday night game, unless it's to kickoff the season).  We get another 3 home games in a row for the 2nd time in the season before finishing away to the Wankers.  Seems like a wonky schedule to me.

Yeah, with both xmas and NYD falling on Sunday that will be interesting how they handle it.  More so xmas because I don't see them doing a full slate of games on the biggest holiday of the year.  They might treat it like Thanksgiving and do 3 games on xmas day.  And can't see them doing games on the eve since most people are doing last minute shopping or are out and about visiting family/friends before having to get home to put the kids to bed.  So guessing 3 games on the holiday and the rest on Monday since loads of people will be off.  It's the path of least resistance.  Though, I wouldn't be the least surprised if Roger and the owners screw that up.

4 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

That's a tough start to the season with 4 of the first 6 games being away.  That includes a short week to come back home to host the hated Cowgirls then travel across country to play the Cards.  However, then we get the bye week and the next 3 games are home games followed by 2 away, including a short week to play the Cowgirls on Thanksgiving.  My concept of time is rubbish, but I do remember we played them on Thanksgiving maybe 7-8 years ago?  Follow that up with Wentz's return to Philly for the dreaded Thursday night game (I HATE the Thursday night game, unless it's to kickoff the season).  We get another 3 home games in a row for the 2nd time in the season before finishing away to the Wankers.  Seems like a wonky schedule to me.

Yeah, with both xmas and NYD falling on Sunday that will be interesting how they handle it.  More so xmas because I don't see them doing a full slate of games on the biggest holiday of the year.  They might treat it like Thanksgiving and do 3 games on xmas day.  And can't see them doing games on the eve since most people are doing last minute shopping or are out and about visiting family/friends before having to get home to put the kids to bed.  So guessing 3 games on the holiday and the rest on Monday since loads of people will be off.  It's the path of least resistance.  Though, I wouldn't be the least surprised if Roger and the owners screw that up.

I wouldn’t be surprised by Xmas Eve games. I know early on in Reid’s years, they had played a home game on Xmas eve at the Vet I believe. 

9 hours ago, olsilverhair said:

You could beat that dude that won the girls swim race, rat face

Rat face? Why you trollin me Olesilverballs? Have you changed your colonoscopy bag yet. I guess not. The last nine hours you have been peeking at little children. 

8 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised by Xmas Eve games. I know early on in Reid’s years, they had played a home game on Xmas eve at the Vet I believe. 

I suspect this time they will play the day after Christmas (Monday 12/26) instead of Christmas Eve with only the Christmas Night game that Sunday (and ESPN actually if so getting a rare Monday night flex situation since the Christmas night game can't be flexed). It would be so they can have a flex in Week 16 even if it's to MNF rather than SNF.  Keep in mind the NFL may do that because there likely will NOT be a Week 17 MNF game due to the Rose and Sugar Bowls being on that Monday (1/2).  

Also suspect Steelers-Eagles is the Christmas Night SNF game because that is likely the easiest game to put in that slot.  

And yeah, with Thursday night on Amazon Prime, I can see the Eagles in Dallas on Thanksgiving (and Houston the previous Sunday with the Eagles either staying in Houston or immediately heading to Dallas after the game to prepare for Thanksgiving) with Wentz and the Commanders in Detroit on Thanksgiving and Wentz's return to Philly being the Thursday after Thanksgiving game.  Also see the Eagles on Thanksgiving in Dallas as I see FOX being guaranteed both Cowboys games after ESPN had both last season (and ABC also the second). 

Wally, sometimes I wanna run my head into a wall after reading posts like that. 

Keep an eye out for a medical bill coming your way. 

On 3/24/2022 at 1:48 PM, EagleJoe8 said:

Wally, sometimes I wanna run my head into a wall after reading posts like that. 
Keep an eye out for a medical bill coming your way. 

Keep in mind, the way I do the schedule assumes allowing for the Phillies to make a deep postseason run that includes a game unlikely to be moved to 4:25 (even if it is the return of Doug to Philly) in case the Phils are in the World Series. 

I also as previously noted suspect FOX will be guaranteed both Cowboys games (which is why I have them scheduled as I do).  In that scenario, having the games in Houston and Dallas back-to-back on a short week even if both are on the road makes sense since it's a relatively short flight from Houston to Dallas and the Eagles can just stay in Texas between games, 

3 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Keep in mind, the way I do the schedule assumes allowing for the Phillies to make a deep postseason run that includes a game unlikely to be moved to 4:25 (even if it is the return of Doug to Philly) in case the Phils are in the World Series. 

I also as previously noted suspect FOX will be guaranteed both Cowboys games (which is why I have them scheduled as I do).  In that scenario, having the games in Houston and Dallas back-to-back on a short week even if both are on the road makes sense since it's a relatively short flight from Houston to Dallas and the Eagles can just stay in Texas between games, 

Phillies in World Series is laughable. Are they even the 3rd best team in their division?

On 3/26/2022 at 3:30 PM, wrestlevessel said:

Phillies in World Series is laughable. Are they even the 3rd best team in their division?

Point is, you have to allow for that possibility, especially this year since in theory a FOURTH place team could actually make the playoffs if it just happens one division is stronger than the others since there are three wild cards in each league beginning this season.  Phils could wind up a wild card and get hot in the postseason and make the World Series as a third place team very easily. 

• 4 weeks later...

Updating this:

There WILL be a Monday night game on January 2 as the Sugar Bowl Committee (likely "strongly suggested" by the NFL to do so IMO) agreed to for this year (and likely next as well) move the Sugar Bowl off its traditional New Year's Night spot on the schedule and will instead this year be played at 11:00 AM local time on New Year's Eve (December 31).  

I suspect this basically was the NFL and Disney telling the Sugar Bowl Committee: "Move the game or we'll see you in court" as I suspect otherwise the Sugar Bowl Committee would have refused to move the game off January 2, 2023 (and most likely January 1, 2024 as well) OR if not, likely threatening to air MNF on ABC that week directly opposite the game.

I'm sure many college football traditionalists who don't care about the NFL are upset about this.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2022 at 7:55 PM, Wallyhorse said:

Based on leaks so far,  you are not doing well.

On 1/12/2022 at 12:10 PM, time2rock said:

😎

U forgot the W on the bye week

• Haha 1

On 5/11/2022 at 1:20 PM, downundermike said:

Based on leaks so far,  you are not doing well.

Yeah, well I also thought FOX would be guaranteed both Eagles-Cowboys games since ESPN got both last season (and the last time that happened with Giants-Cowboys in 2011, FOX got both games the following season).  

Further surprised NBC got the one here for a Sunday Nighter.  

7 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Yeah, well I also thought FOX would be guaranteed both Eagles-Cowboys games since ESPN got both last season (and the last time that happened with Giants-Cowboys in 2011, FOX got both games the following season).  

Further surprised NBC got the one here for a Sunday Nighter.  

Thanks for jinx on the week 7 bye brah