Eagles 2022 Schedule prediction thread

Wallyhorse

On 1/11/2022 at 10:55 PM, Wallyhorse said:

NOTE: This is a re-do of what I posted based on two factors: Wentz being traded to the now-Washington Commanders and although right now MLB has no plans to extend their season to make up games due to their lockout, I suspect there will be pressure from elected officials and others to do it if a deal gets done quickly so some dates could be needed for a delayed finish to the MLB season:

Here's what I see being the schedule, keeping in mind the following:

Eagles can be scheduled for ANY Monday at home as the Phillies are not playing any Monday games in September (though those Mondays along with Monday 10/3, the day after the regular season ends could be reserved for makeups of rainouts though this could be re-arranged if MLB succumbs to any public pressure to play a full 162 even if it delays the postseason).

Phillies are at home on Sundays in Weeks 1 & 3 (9/11 & 9/25)..

Phillies are also at home on Thursday 9/22 (Week 3)

I'm also going to assume the NFL will allow for Phillies home playoff games in October. 

I also suspect the NFL will intentionally schedule both Cowboys games for slots that can't be moved off FOX because ESPN got both meetings in 2021 (second meeting also was on ABC).

Also note: We now know the NFL will have a Christmas Day Tripleheader as well as most of the games on Christmas Eve (Saturday 12/24).  Please note this schedule was done well before this was known.  There also will be a Monday night game on Monday, January 2 after all as the Sugar Bowl, which traditionally would have that slot was moved to New Year's Eve. 

Week 1: at Colts, Monday 9/12 at 8:15 PM on ESPN/ABC
Week 2: Cowboys, Sunday 9/18 at 4:25 PM on FOX
Week 3: at Cardinals, Sunday 9/25 at 4:25 PM on CBS (cross-flex)
Week 4: Titans, Sunday 10/2 at 8:20 PM on NBC
Week 5: at Lions, Sunday 10/9 at 1:00 PM on FOX
Week 6: at Giants, Sunday 10/16 at 1:00 PM on FOX
Week 7: Bye
Week 8: Jaguars, Sunday 10/30 at 1:00 PM on CBS (possibly cross-flexed to FOX)
Week 9: Packers, Sunday 11/6 at 4:25 PM on CBS (cross-flexed game)
Week 10: Saints, Sunday 11/13 at 1:00 PM on FOX
Week 11: at Texans, Sunday 11/20 at 1:00 PM on FOX
Week 12: at Cowboys, Thursday 11/24 at 4:30 PM on FOX (Thanksgiving, Eagles would stay in Houston between games or immediately fly to Dallas after the Texans game to prepare)
Week 13: Commanders, Thursday 12/1 at 8:20 PM on Amazon Prime (local TV TBD, I suspect the now-Commanders play the Lions in the early game on Thanksgiving setting up Wentz's return for the following Thursday)
Week 14: at Bears, Sunday 12/11 at 1:00 PM on FOX
Week 15: Giants, Saturday 12/17 at 4:30 PM on NFL Network (local TV TBD, also could be Friday 12/16 at 8:15 PM on ESPN IF ESPN is given a Friday night game in lieu of a Week 17 Monday nighter)
Week 16: Steelers, Sunday 12/25 at 8:20 PM on NBC (game can't be flexed out)
Week 17: Vikings, Sunday 1/1/'23 at 1:00 PM on FOX
Week 18: at Commanders. Saturday or Sunday 1/7-8/'23, Time and Network TBD

Changes from what I had originally has most notably Wentz's return being the Thursday after Thanksgiving with both the now-Commanders and Eagles on the road on Thanksgiving day,  Because of this, I now have the Steelers game being Christmas night on NBC as that is probably the easiest game to put in that slot. 

Got the bye week right.  :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

@Thrive  is keeping track of all of these.  Remember to tag him or send him an IM.  

You suck:lol:

• Haha 1