TOOL in Philly

EaglesRocker97

Anyone else gonna be at Wells Fargo on Feb. 20? Pumped to see them for the second time from the comforts of a Club Box. Saw them in November 2019 and was supposed to catch them again the following May, but ya know...

@toolg

in 5...4...3...2...1....

c97a3179f051349c30c4ec7faa6b6f560d219501

I had tickets in 2020 too. It was cancelled, I got my money back... This time I decided to skip them due to life constraints. I hope to see them next time. Enjoy the show! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, toolg said:

I had tickets in 2020 too. It was cancelled, I got my money back... This time I decided to skip them due to life constraints. I hope to see them next time. Enjoy the show! 

Yeah, we caught them in Philly and were supposed to see them in Scranton but got our money back. Should be a good show, and thankfully, vaccination is required at the venue (no test exemption). So...:groovy:

1 hour ago, Dawkins 20 said:

Here's the setlist. They likely won't deviate too far from it throughout the tour:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20220113-073832_Chrome.thumb.jpg.49ee5aabec9523e2b25a16b3b2e83557.jpg

Yeah, I looked the other day, now I'm trying to forget what I saw and probably won't look again before the show, lol. I already don't remember most of it outside of the usual hits being played, but it was good to see them breaking out stuff from Ænima. They don't change the setlist much, I think because they're pretty much perfectionists and want to be humming all tour. Last time, my buddy was tracking the setlists leading up to the show and was a little bummed they weren't changing it much. I was telling him I didn't want to look to be surprised at the show, and he seems to be taking that approach this time. I was psyched that they played "Parabola" and "Stinkfist" at WF in 2019, and they even whipped out "Swamp Song", which I think was the first time they'd played that live in years. I'm basically gonna spend the next 5 weeks or so playing each album on repeat.

hearing Bill Hicks may make a holographic appearance. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Yeah, I looked the other day, now I'm trying to forget what I saw and probably won't look again before the show, lol. I already don't remember most of it outside of the usual hits being played, but it was good to see them breaking out stuff from Ænima. They don't change the setlist much, I think because they're pretty much perfectionists and want to be humming all tour. Last time, my buddy was tracking the setlists leading up to the show and was a little bummed they weren't changing it much. I was telling him I didn't want to look to be surprised at the show, and he seems to be taking that approach this time. I was psyched that they played "Parabola" and "Stinkfist" at WF in 2019, and they even whipped out "Swamp Song", which I think was the first time they'd played that live in years. I'm basically gonna spend the next 5 weeks or so playing each album on repeat.

They played Intolerance at the show I was at in 2019 which was awesome. Swamp Song would've been sweet to see. 

I'd love to see them do Disposition/Reflection/Triad again, but I think that's a relic from the Lateralus tour that likely isn't coming back live.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dawkins 20 said:

They played Intolerance at the show I was at in 2019 which was awesome. Swamp Song would've been sweet to see. 

I'd love to see them do Disposition/Reflection/Triad again, but I think that's a relic from the Lateralus tour that likely isn't coming back live.  

My dream would be for them to do a Lateralus tour where they play the whole album, since I didn't see them on that tour (25th anniversary???). I remember "Schism" being huge when it came out, but I was too young to have really gotten into the band. I'd settle for just hearing "Ticks and Leeches" and the "The Patient," though.

Lotta  other good stuff on Ænima worth dusting off: H., Forty-Six & 2, Eulogy. I'm also thinking I'd love to hear "Message to Harry Manback" over the PA at some point. It'd be a great way to come out of intermission, lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hputenis said:

I thought this thread was about @olsilverhair.  Please change the title.  

EROCKER97, the above is the reason for the derail pic. 

• Like 1

I thought about grabbing tickets (im in NJ) but decided not to at the last minute. Tool is an amazing live band. Go see them if you can

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wormlegs said:

I thought about grabbing tickets (im in NJ) but decided not to at the last minute. Tool is an amazing live band. Go see them if you can

They sold out fast. I was actually a bit surprised, because I logged into buy them right on time and was getting all these floor seats really far back either on the floor or upper levels. The 10-minute window to purchase the tickets expired, so I had to go back in. I was like "Sh**, this is probably gonna screw me." Sure enough, I go back in and the seats are even worse. For some reason, though, I decided to try leaving and coming back one more time, then, BOOM: Club box. It's really clutch in this situation, because you have your own bar and bathrooms right behind the seats, so you won't miss a thing.

• Like 1

It's like a time capsule: So much angst and raw energy. So musically raw yet tight at the same time. I can't imagine being in that crowd; I'd be ready to run through a wall.

"Throw that wannabe-bob-marley-looking-motherFer outta here!"

30 days til Philly!

Here's a really good audio pull from a show in CA last week - quality is phenomenal.  They sound really, really good.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2022 at 3:27 PM, mikemack8 said:

Here's a really good audio pull from a show in CA last week - quality is phenomenal.  They sound really, really good.

Trying to keep myself in the dark a bit, but I'm glad to hear that they're performing well! I was a little worried that having COVID twice would sap Maynard's vocal prowess.

Been studying up the last few weeks, one album at a time. I stayed on Ænima for awhile, as it's really a great album cover-to-cover and just really feels like a seminal moment for them. You can really hear them coming into their own and setting up the style that they'd become known for.

Probably won't get much from this album, but I'd love to hear one of these in Philly. I got "Forty Six & 2" and "Stinkfist" last time, so I'm keeping that one off the list, but they would be on here otherwise.

5 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Been studying up the last few weeks, one album at a time. I stayed on Ænima for awhile, as it's really a great album cover-to-cover and just really feels like a seminal moment for them. You can really hear them coming into their own and setting up the style that they'd become known for.

Probably won't get much from this album, but I'd love to hear one of these in Philly. I got "Forty Six & 2" and "Stinkfist" last time, so I'm keeping that one off the list, but they would be on here otherwise.

Usually they will only play Eulogy as an encore if Maynard is in a great mood that night.

• 2 weeks later...

T-5:00

Hope they give us one of these tonight...

The title track is pretty groovy in its own right, but I dig the tablas on and overall feel of "Disposition," and if I had my way, I'd have them play that to lead into this:

I'd be fine with "Third Eye" or "Ænima" in place of one of these, though. 

Set list:

Fear Inoculum

Opiate

The Pot

Pushit

Pneuma

The Grudge

Right in Two

Descending

Hooker With a P

Encore:

Chocolate Chip Trip

Culling Voices

Invincible

• Like 1

Show was great. My buddy said "not as good as last time," something about the production, but I thought it was awesome. Maynard sounded really good. "Opiate" and "Pushit" were definitely highlights. As noted earlier, I was really hoping for "Pushit" off Ænima. We were playing the EP on the way down, too, so those songs were pretty fresh on our minds. We usually try to pick a few songs we'd like to hear, and we seem to often choose ones they play. Last time I wanted and got "Parabola."

The biggest disappointment was not getting a poster. I thought we left early, but we didn't really get into the arena until about 6:30 and then walked around for a bit trying to find a merch stand that wasn't snaked around the concourse. Last time, they had smaller vendors on the CB level, but there were none this time. It seemed like just two major stands on the main level. The poster looked awesome, like it had some kind of holographic design. There was a full stack on the table, so we decided to wait in line. We didn't get to the table to purchase until right around showtime, and they must've sold out right before we got up there. I saw them for $800 on Ebay the next morning. F***ing bummer.

20220220_225553.thumb.jpg.f4b9ea4746ac323b1981ccc353b6b287.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A German man with ALS lost all ability to move and to speak, so he had an implant inserted into his brain to talk. Essentially he was able to use his brain waves to choose letters from an array, to form words and sentences over time. LINK

Why do I post this here? This is what he asked for:

‘wili ch tool balbum mal laut hoerenzn’ – ‘I would like to listen to the album by Tool [a band] loud’, day 245,

‘und jetwzt ein bier’ – ‘and now a beer’, day 247 (fluids have to be inserted through the gastro-tube)

Yes and yes. Please.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, toolg said:

A German man with ALS lost all ability to move and to speak, so he had an implant inserted into his brain to talk. Essentially he was able to use his brain waves to choose letters from an array, to form words and sentences over time. LINK

Why do I post this here? This is what he asked for:

Yes and yes. Please.

I saw this article on ultimateguitar. Very cool and major respect to this individual!

• 1 year later...