Alshon Jeffery expected to be a "major part" of the Philadelphia Eagles offense in 2020

Procus

14 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

During the season, they use terms like day to day or week to week which gives us an idea of what to expect. Here, there is no reason to. The procedure was done and there's time to recover. Pessimism is the only justification for believing he's somehow worse than reported or behind schedule healing. Other than that, there's no actually justification for it at this time. There hasn't been any reports suggesting what you choose to believe. This "uncle" hasn't been in the news. 

I am very pessimistic when it comes to Eagles injuries because of the past few years

They used day to day and week to week with Jackson and Howard for months. They don't give out information on injuries

I never said you had to believe me. If he comes back week 1 you can come here and say I told you so. I believe the uncle

• Like 1

Just now, Mike030270 said:

I am very pessimistic when it comes to Eagles injuries because of the past few years

They used day to day and week to week with Jackson and Howard for months. They don't give out information on injuries

I never said you had to believe me. If he comes back week 1 you can come here and say I told you so. I believe the uncle

The Jackson thing was based on what he was telling them. While their explanation wasn't satisfying to fans, it turns out they were as clear as they could be. They said he had to listen to his body and work hard. They wanted him to get the surgery initially, but allowed him to "bet on him." There is no timetable set in stone for something like that and they had to wait until he said he was ready. Stingers are probably a little more tricky and the team was probably being more cautious than normal so they didn't potentially end a guy's career. 

I agree that the Eagles under Pederson have been less transparent with injury reports and I don't care for that either, but the 2 examples you noted seem reasonable now that we know the whole story on both. 

45 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What's the Uncle said buddy?

That Alshon has screws or pins in his feet and they don't expect he'll be playing

Don't remember who exactly is the friend of the family member but it's someone in the blog

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

That Alshon has screws or pins in his feet and they don't expect he'll be playing

Don't remember who exactly is the friend of the family member but it's someone in the blog

"Yeah, I’ve talked with Alshon. Alshon’s doing well, obviously coming back from that injury. Hoping he can be himself and just keep on rehabbing. But I’m confident that he will. And he’s doing well. He’s in a good place and I feel confident in his ability to be back out there helping the team. I’m excited for that. Yeah, I’m excited for Alshon.” --- Wentz

While it's still unclear if Jeffery will be back in time for the season opener in September, he is on track with his rehab.

There still isn't a lot of news about players rehabbing injuries yet since the big news was the draft and now the schedule. But the little amount we have gotten about Jeffery does not allude to any setbacks and mentions that the rehab is progressing on schedule. The optimistic view would have him ready before the season and the conservative projection had him ready at the beginning of the season. Then there's the Philly fans and media that project the PUP list --- then IR. Then we have an EMBer with "inside information" and it cracks me up to see people buy that crap as fact. The "I know a guy" claims virtually never prove accurate when situations play out.

Yes, immediately after his surgery, Jeffery appeared to not be able to play football. The uncle probably captured that thought nicely. Then people that want to believe what they want to believe project that to this day --- the guy looks like he can't play football. In September, he'll obviously look like he can't play football. Why? because for some reason the healing won't begin until the 2020 season ends. Then there are people inside the team saying he's doing well and they expect him to be a big part of the team.

That brings us to the conspiracy theorists that say the Eagles are just painting that picture so someone will trade "value" for Jeffery. Never mind that a trade would also depend on Jeffery passing a physical which the same conspiracy theorists believe he can't and won't be able to do this season. The truth is that if Jeffery's injury was so bad that he couldn't play this season, it would actually be better for the Eagles to seek a Brock Osweiler style trade to lessen the cap burden somewhat. The team expects him to get healthy and play this year. I'm sure they explored trading him, knowing a move wasn't likely and have come to the conclusion that the best option at this time is to move forward with Jeffery for now. If they didn't think he could help this year, they had enough draft capital to Osweiler him. 

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

"Yeah, I’ve talked with Alshon. Alshon’s doing well, obviously coming back from that injury. Hoping he can be himself and just keep on rehabbing. But I’m confident that he will. And he’s doing well. He’s in a good place and I feel confident in his ability to be back out there helping the team. I’m excited for that. Yeah, I’m excited for Alshon.” --- Wentz

While it's still unclear if Jeffery will be back in time for the season opener in September, he is on track with his rehab.

There still isn't a lot of news about players rehabbing injuries yet since the big news was the draft and now the schedule. But the little amount we have gotten about Jeffery does not allude to any setbacks and mentions that the rehab is progressing on schedule. The optimistic view would have him ready before the season and the conservative projection had him ready at the beginning of the season. Then there's the Philly fans and media that project the PUP list --- then IR. Then we have an EMBer with "inside information" and it cracks me up to see people buy that crap as fact. The "I know a guy" claims virtually never prove accurate when situations play out.

Yes, immediately after his surgery, Jeffery appeared to not be able to play football. The uncle probably captured that thought nicely. Then people that want to believe what they want to believe project that to this day --- the guy looks like he can't play football. In September, he'll obviously look like he can't play football. Why? because for some reason the healing won't begin until the 2020 season ends. Then there are people inside the team saying he's doing well and they expect him to be a big part of the team.

That brings us to the conspiracy theorists that say the Eagles are just painting that picture so someone will trade "value" for Jeffery. Never mind that a trade would also depend on Jeffery passing a physical which the same conspiracy theorists believe he can't and won't be able to do this season. The truth is that if Jeffery's injury was so bad that he couldn't play this season, it would actually be better for the Eagles to seek a Brock Osweiler style trade to lessen the cap burden somewhat. The team expects him to get healthy and play this year. I'm sure they explored trading him, knowing a move wasn't likely and have come to the conclusion that the best option at this time is to move forward with Jeffery for now. If they didn't think he could help this year, they had enough draft capital to Osweiler him. 

I'm not surprised by his answer. It's the same answer he's given about every player that's been injured. They aren't allowed to go into detail about injuries.

If Alshon plays week 1 then feel free to come back and say I told you so🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I'm not surprised by his answer. It's the same answer he's given about every player that's been injured. They aren't allowed to go into detail about injuries.

If Alshon plays week 1 then feel free to come back and say I told you so🤷‍♂️

It's not about being able to say, "I told you so." I just wonder why people automatically believe that an unusual circumstance will become a norm. The Alex Smith injury was a devastating injury. Then there were complications after the surgery and amputation was a real possibility. The sepsis that developed has the potential to be fatal. All Jeffery has is a Lis franc injury that required surgery and his surgery was successful and the recovery is going as scheduled. Again, the timetable for his return conservatively still has him ready near the beginning of the season. A quicker recovery could be sooner. Complications are probably the only thing that would realistically lengthen the recovery, but there are no reports of such. Yet, some of us choose to believe what another poster said an uncle told him. Obviously, I'm not going to change your mind. I'm just done wasting my time in life believing pointless paranoia. Maybe some people are afraid to get their hopes up. Maybe some just hate him and hope it's true. I choose to believe in the law of averages and expect injuries to take the normal time required to heal. I don't expect people to come back early (like Barkley did). I don't expect them to need extra time (like Mills did). Sometimes those things happen, but I expect the usual.

On 5/10/2020 at 7:01 PM, brkmsn said:

It's not about being able to say, "I told you so." I just wonder why people automatically believe that an unusual circumstance will become a norm. The Alex Smith injury was a devastating injury. Then there were complications after the surgery and amputation was a real possibility. The sepsis that developed has the potential to be fatal. All Jeffery has is a Lis franc injury that required surgery and his surgery was successful and the recovery is going as scheduled. Again, the timetable for his return conservatively still has him ready near the beginning of the season. A quicker recovery could be sooner. Complications are probably the only thing that would realistically lengthen the recovery, but there are no reports of such. Yet, some of us choose to believe what another poster said an uncle told him. Obviously, I'm not going to change your mind. I'm just done wasting my time in life believing pointless paranoia. Maybe some people are afraid to get their hopes up. Maybe some just hate him and hope it's true. I choose to believe in the law of averages and expect injuries to take the normal time required to heal. I don't expect people to come back early (like Barkley did). I don't expect them to need extra time (like Mills did). Sometimes those things happen, but I expect the usual.

I do believe the word from the uncle more than the word from any news reports.

I guess you brought up Smith because his injury has taken awhile? So has Maragos. Howard was injured with a so called shoulder injury for months

Does your timetable involve Alshon having pins or screws in his feet?

I think it was @blindside that knows more but I could be mistaken

EDIT: got the name wrong

8 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Does your timetable involve Alshon having pins or screws in his feet?

That's part of the surgery, so yeah.

On 5/10/2020 at 4:50 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Selfish individual who's out for themselves. He wants the offense to go through him. 

Where are you getting this from?!

The alleged comments which were made by Jeffery said that Wentz needed to check down more. That doesn't mean he wants it to go through him.

On 5/10/2020 at 5:15 PM, brkmsn said:

We still don't know the validity of the "rumor" or if Jeffery was the "snitch." Even if he did say some things to a confidant --- they really weren't anything more than an opinion and hardly worthy of all the press and ill-will that resulted. Media and fans have been making one of the biggest deals of one of the smallest things that happened last year. 

If you really think about what was said:

‘We need to make [crap] simpler. Sometimes we just need to handle what is manageable.’ They said, ‘Even Peyton Manning knew when to check it down.’

Is this really even a criticism of the QB here? It's a criticism of the play-calling or offensive philosophy and/or it's a criticism of the replacement WRs that were a non factor or struggling. Even a HOF QB knew when to check it down ... BURN!!!

People need to get over this. Jeffery should have time to heal and be ready at the beginning of the season as expected. He knows the offense and Wentz knows him. If he steps on the field, the Eagles should be in good shape at that position. You can argue Jeffery is overpaid, but there isn't much that can be done about that and we still have room to make moves under the cap. 

The sad thing is the team is clearly over what was being said. Wentz is clearly over it. But the local media and some fans continue to make this an issue, to the detriment of the team.

If Jeffery did say it, well he shouldn't have gone to the media, but what he said wasn't that bad and was absolutely right. When Wentz did start taking the check down he and the team were much better.

Wentz wants to win and he knows full well a healthy (or even semi-healthy) Jeffery can help with that, particularly with the other question marks at wide receivers.

Yet people would rather run him out of town or bury him on IR and play scrubs or low round rookies instead.