Who Are You Rooting For Now?

xxeaglesfanxx

45 minutes ago, JohnB said:

interesting. I didn't realize anyone from outside the Cincinnati area were actually Bengals fans. I'm curious how he became a Bengals fan, unless he's from that area. 

I have a cousin from Long Island who's a Bengals fan. He started liking him when he was a kid because of the tiger stripes. Weird, I guess, but that's sometimes how kids think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnB said:

interesting. I didn't realize anyone from outside the Cincinnati area were actually Bengals fans. I'm curious how he became a Bengals fan, unless he's from that area. 

Almost as interesting as an Eagles fan who would choose the Cowboys to win over the 49ers. What gives?

• Like 1

1) Anybody against the Bucs.

The Bills, Bengals, and Titans haven't won the Super Bowl ever, so I'm rooting for any one of them.

13 hours ago, LacesOut said:

A bit OT, sorry. 

4 out of 6 playoff games sucked!!!

With the extra team in each conference making the playoffs now, this may be the case every year moving forward. 

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, mihailo said:

Almost as interesting as an Eagles fan who would choose the Cowboys to win over the 49ers. What gives?

Super Bowl XVI. I was about ten. Wanted the Niners to beat the Cowboys in the NFCCG so bad I could taste it. I watched "the catch" on live television and it was such a great moment watching the 49ers beat the Cowboys. Once that mission was accomplished, I wanted the Bengals to win the Super Bowl, and when it didn't happen, I was crushed. I've written of the Niners ever since, and boy did they make life miserable as they became a dynasty team and won 5 Super Bowls in a 10 or 12 year span. They made me sick. Got tired of watching them win.

Fast forward to 1996 when I moved to San Francisco. Aside from the Raiders, Bay Area sports fans are quite passive in their love for their teams. We would call them bandwagon fans back home. They cheer for their teams passionately when they're winning, but disappear into the woodwork when the team(s) are struggling. This is true for SF Giants, the 49ers, and the GS Warriors. Sharks fans are pretty hardcore too, but hockey in California is not nearly what it is back east. 

At least Cowboys fans are everywhere. I think they're pretty loyal regardless of what the scoreboard says and where their team is. When SF won the other day, practically everyone, everywhere, was out in red and gold. Had they lost, you wouldn't have seen red  & gold anywhere, even if by accident. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JohnB said:

Super Bowl XVI. I was about ten. Wanted the Niners to beat the Cowboys in the NFCCG so bad I could taste it. I watched "the catch" on live television and it was such a great moment watching the 49ers beat the Cowboys. Once that mission was accomplished, I wanted the Bengals to win the Super Bowl, and when it didn't happen, I was crushed. I've written of the Niners ever since, and boy did they make life miserable as they became a dynasty team and won 5 Super Bowls in a 10 or 12 year span. They made me sick. Got tired of watching them win.

Fast forward to 1996 when I moved to San Francisco. Aside from the Raiders, Bay Area sports fans are quite passive in their love for their teams. We would call them bandwagon fans back home. They cheer for their teams passionately when they're winning, but disappear into the woodwork when the team(s) are struggling. This is true for SF Giants, the 49ers, and the GS Warriors. Sharks fans are pretty hardcore too, but hockey in California is not nearly what it is back east. 

At least Cowboys fans are everywhere. I think they're pretty loyal regardless of what the scoreboard says and where their team is. When SF won the other day, practically everyone, everywhere, was out in red and gold. Had they lost, you wouldn't have seen red  & gold anywhere, even if by accident. 

With a few exceptions like Seattle and Denver, isn't that how every fanbase on the west coast is? In my dealing with fans from that side of the country, they all seem pretty passive about professional sports. 

Bills or Bengals, favoring the Bengals a little. It was a L O N G dry spell for the Bengals in the playoffs and Burrow is looking elite.

• Like 1

Bengals > Bills > Titans > Rams > 49ers > GB > KC > TB.

This would be my order. But honestly it is close for me. The only reason I'd prefer the Bengals over KC is cos the Bengals have been poor for a long time and KC has won recently. 

On 1/18/2022 at 9:50 PM, 700Level4Life said:

With a few exceptions like Seattle and Denver, isn't that how every fanbase on the west coast is? In my dealing with fans from that side of the country, they all seem pretty passive about professional sports. 

Raiders fans are pretty passionate. I wouldn't quite put them on the same level as Eagles fans, but they're close. 

• Like 2