Which D Coordinator Do You Want if Gannon Leaves?

Talonblood

6 hours ago, Talonblood said:

You think Gannon turns down a head coaching job.

I don’t think he’ll be offered one. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kiwieagle said:

I think Gannon doesn’t get a HC job and isn’t fired either. So he is back next year. 

We'll see how it plays out. Every day a new team wants to interview him. I have no idea why. His body of work thus far doesn't scream "We need this guy!" to me at all.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

Isn't Gannon a disciple of Zimmer? 

Do you think Howie can handle that? Zimmer was seen laughing at the Reagor pick. 

Eagles have received three requests to interview Gannon for the Texans, Broncos, and Vikings HC positions. 

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

Eagles have received three requests to interview Gannon for the Texans, Broncos, and Vikings HC positions. 

That's just to satisfy the Rooney Rule.

:lol:

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

The Rooney rule isn’t for the mentally challenged. 

• Haha 4

Why is it that Gannon - whom Eagles fans think stinks - is getting HC consideration from multiple teams?  Such an odd thing...Gannon seems to be a good game-day adjustment DC but his game planning ahead of time seems to be severely lacking (not unlike Sirianni, too).  

Are we blaming Gannon because he's trying to "hide" our deficiency in defensive talent as best he can?  Was his scheme truly the best he could do with the talent he had?  How much better could the defense had looked with a different coach/scheme?

The thing that frustrated me most with Gannon was the seeming "wait to see what the offense is doing, then adjust" plan he had every week.

But, are we missing something about him?  One year as our DC with mediocre results and he has 3 HC interviews?  That would seem to me that he's well thought of inside the league vs how he's viewed by Eagles fans (in general).

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Vlad67 said:

Ray Lewis

We'd have a real attack mindset, just murder the quarterback.

On 1/18/2022 at 3:43 PM, NOTW said:

You have to at least have peach fuzz for the Rooney Rule to affect you.

12 hours ago, EaglesAddict said:

Why is it that Gannon - whom Eagles fans think stinks - is getting HC consideration from multiple teams?  Such an odd thing...Gannon seems to be a good game-day adjustment DC but his game planning ahead of time seems to be severely lacking (not unlike Sirianni, too).  

Are we blaming Gannon because he's trying to "hide" our deficiency in defensive talent as best he can?  Was his scheme truly the best he could do with the talent he had?  How much better could the defense had looked with a different coach/scheme?

The thing that frustrated me most with Gannon was the seeming "wait to see what the offense is doing, then adjust" plan he had every week.

But, are we missing something about him?  One year as our DC with mediocre results and he has 3 HC interviews?  That would seem to me that he's well thought of inside the league vs how he's viewed by Eagles fans (in general).

Gannon must have some... ahem....photo's of various coaches in compromising positions.

• Haha 1

I'll take the dude delivering the beers at the stadium. Get this moron out of here! I wanted Siri gone too, but at least he has shown he's willing to change his play style, and he has.

On 1/18/2022 at 4:26 AM, rrfierce said:

Unless Gannon gets a HC gig he's not going anywhere

You understand the title of the thread, right?

• Haha 3

On 1/19/2022 at 10:23 AM, EaglesAddict said:

He was well thought of around the league before Siriani was. Had Siri not brought him to Philly, he would of had a DC job somewhere last season.  
 You don’t have to be a good OC or DC to be a good head coach or at X and O’s like Chip was.  Chip could watch a play from the 50’s once, and tell you everything about it, his but his people skills are lacking.

• Like 1

Gannon actually put together a middle of the pack season as a rookie DC with limited talent and injuries to one of the key players and leaders for that defense. Everyone hates his guts and wants him gone like now. 

Buffalo had the number one defense in the league in almost all the key categories and gave up 42 points in a shootout.

Most of you can't keep your sheet together after 1 field goal in the first quarter.... Most of you are unrealistic and will never be happy with any defensive coordinator and I'm willing to bet you would want the Bills d coordinator fired too. 

• Like 6