ROCK MUSIC comments and vids

TomatoPie

1 hour ago, The_Omega said:

Could be a kick ass concert this year 

Maiden and still no priest. FU rolling stone magazine.

-a faithful hit parader reader.

On 2/10/2021 at 8:29 PM, wholesale_Melvin said:

Maiden and still no priest. FU rolling stone magazine.

-a faithful hit parader reader.

Amen brother!! What a disgrace Priest isn't in. I have no confidence that Maiden will get in either. The way they choose who goes in is a joke as well. The RRHOF and Rolling Stone have always been a joke, especially when it comes to rock/metal music. 

10 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Amen brother!! What a disgrace Priest isn't in. I have no confidence that Maiden will get in either. The way they choose who goes in is a joke as well. The RRHOF and Rolling Stone have always been a joke, especially when it comes to rock/metal music. 

i appreciate maiden and their sound but they didn't contribute much more than their sound/music (bring it speed metal fans and i'll point to exciter or rapid fire) while  priest ( did not originate) but defined the duel guitar sound, the look of metal, and the ability to adapt to the changes in metal (blues metal, glam metal, pop/hair metal, speed/thrash metal....) maiden just is maiden. 

5 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

i appreciate maiden and their sound but they didn't contribute much more than their sound/music (bring it speed metal fans and i'll point to exciter or rapid fire) while  priest ( did not originate) but defined the duel guitar sound, the look of metal, and the ability to adapt to the changes in metal (blues metal, glam metal, pop/hair metal, speed/thrash metal....) maiden just is maiden. 

Oh I agree that Priest were more innovators than Maiden but love both bands. You bring up Exciter which is off my fav Priest album Stained Class. Priest then Maiden will always be 1-2 for me. Love the dueling solos of Tipton/Downing and love the harmonies between Murray/Smith. Too bad Priest had such mediocre management. There is no reason they shouldn't have been as big as Maiden.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

can't stop listening to this since the weekend. tight drums. for the record when i was younger i thought this was the Cure (until Bowie started singing)

• 1 month later...

who knew? first song off of a random 90s playlist on youtube music. 

turned onto this today, 5th time listening.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Metallica - Some Kind of Monster - It's currently streaming on Netflix, and, yeah, I know it's old, but I never watched it before.  Well above average rock doc.  One take away, it's amazing to me that Lars doesn't get his ass kicked on a regular basis.  D00de is a world class a hole.  I mean, I love Metallica, but he just is.  Given that he's about 4'11", weighing around 89lbs, it's a miracle that there weren't regular MTV News updates, with Kurt Loder breaking in, reporting "Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich is recovering from injuries sustained after being beaten down for running his mouth for the 3rd time this week."

13 hours ago, The_Omega said:

The space video a fan made is pretty good version.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2021 at 5:15 PM, wholesale_Melvin said:

turned onto this today, 5th time listening.

Also, if you really watch the video as well as listening to it and you're familiar enough with the DelVal area you'll recognize lots of places around Philly and SJ in Kurt's shots. 

4 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I've come to the realization that this is one of the best 5 songs ever made.  More bluesy than rock.  But still......It is pure perfection.  

No where near my favorite Allman's BUT I will use this as a reason to bring up reaction videos and Lost in Vegas site. If yo are not familiar and have been turned off by reaction music vids, these two are the real deal. They actually listen and comment on the songs.

One of my favorites (also edge of seventeen, victim of changes, interstate love song ...)

Remedy reaction

Hell, for shots and giggles... The 70s I knew

On 7/19/2021 at 1:29 PM, downundermike said:

Have you guys seen the new Foo Fighters project ??

Listening to this "album" today - it's really good!  Is there anything Grohl can't do?

16 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Listening to this "album" today - it's really good!  Is there anything Grohl can't do?

Nope

Well.....f......me.